• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
I still can't believe She-hulk is going to be in this game :/ Aesthically I am disappointed. Hopefully her movepool will make up for it.

Worst case scenario: she's a hulk clone (probably not going to happen)
Best case scenario: she's got some rushdown that's effective against keepaway and major fun to play.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
She-hulk isn't confirmed, right?

There's a number of people it could be. Ms. Marvel, Blackcat, and Tigra are some that's been thrown around.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Even if its not her silhoet, someone asked Seth if the three lawyer trio could be in the game, She-hulk, Ace Attorney (bet this guy will be DLC one day, he's in such high demand higher ups at Capcom will probably demand it) and Daredevil. Seth responded that only one of these would make it in the game. Since then, Ace Attorney and Daredevil have been unconfirmed.

Your right though, she's not confirmed yet (and that probably is Ms. Marvel) and that was before they announced that their roster was locked, so there's a chance she got scrapped.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I still can't believe She-hulk is going to be in this game :/ Aesthically I am disappointed.
Why? She's one of the few Marvel characters still actually worth giving a **** about.

Yes, it is rather difficult to discern who it is right now, but Marvel used the same **** hour glass body curly hair for over half of their women characters, and the other half is hour glass body straight hair.

Phoenix Wright is more likely going to be in TvC 2, seeing as some series were kept out of TvC just for MvC 3, whether they felt they were more geared towards that series or already were in MvC 3, won't be surprised if it happens the other way.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I really don't care for she-hulk. If you really think she's one of the marvel chars to give a **** about you need to pick up dem marvel comics again cuz there are A LOT of choices that is more interesting than a girl hulk.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I really don't care for she-hulk. If you really think she's one of the marvel chars to give a **** about you need to pick up dem marvel comics again cuz there are A LOT of choices that is more interesting than a girl hulk.
Yep she's JUST a girl hulk, you're right, so who should I care about? Punisher?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Well, she's the ***** of marvel and she's girl hulk who's hulk's cousin. It's just not that interesting imo. If you like her, fine. I can't change your opinion. Punisher is pretty lame to. Tigra and Blackcat are much cooling than She-hulk.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, she's the whore of marvel and she's girl hulk who's hulk's cousin.
Nice way to get around censoring. Tony Stark sleeps with every woman = bamf, She-Hulk sleeps with every man = *****. Yep, that's Marvel fans for you.

Punisher is pretty lame to.
I agree completely, Deadpool has gotten less funny and more annoying more recently too. The bandwagon of non-fans who love him "he's so randum and funny lol XD" don't help either.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Nice way to get around censoring. Tony Stark sleeps with every woman = bamf, She-Hulk sleeps with every man = *****. Yep, that's Marvel fans for you.
Ms. Marvel's almost as bad, so being a ***** isn't the worst thing, but the difference between Tony and she-hulk is that he's IRON MAN. He's too famous not to be in. She-hulk doesn't have that.

I agree completely, Deadpool has gotten less funny and more annoying more recently too. The bandwagon of non-fans who love him "he's so randum and funny lol XD" don't help either.

He's kinda funny. They're kinda over doing it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ms. Marvel's almost as bad, so being a ***** isn't the worst thing, but the difference between Tony and she-hulk is that he's IRON MAN. He's too famous not to be in. She-hulk doesn't have that.
I'm not talking about being in the game. Saying that She-Hulk isn't famous is rather funny tho.

These whole arguments are kind of moot and near gamefaqs quality, especially since she's all but confirmed anyway.

Let's talk about Tron Bonne.

She rules.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I didn't say she wasn't famous, I said she's not IM level famous. w/e, I don't see how my arguement was bad but if you see it that way, so be it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I mean I don't want it to potentially get to the part where insult come out (I was talking about "X character isn't famous, etc." arguments, not saying yours was flawed, on gamefaqs facebook it always gets there).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Let's talk about Tron Bonne.

She rules.
I'm really excited that she's in. Many players remember her for being a great assist, but I liked when she was used on point.
She was a really fun character, especially when you use MikeZ's team. :laugh:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I hope her assist is still awesome, that assist single handedly brought up low tier characters and made them viable.

Either buff her into this game or keep her corner game.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
They had said they were going to bring fan favorites from MvC2 over as much as possible. This is why Tron was brought over. Its reasonable to assume that this means that Strider might have a good chance of being in.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ When I saw Tron Bonne in the trailer, I almost had a heart attack, I love Tron Bonne. Now to see how she'll play. =3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm fairly certain he's trolling. I've had a suspicion for a while that he's an alt of Crashic.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
No I'm not trolling. Megaman doesn't fit with MvC, I find him an incredibly boring character to watch/play as, as well as the fact that he is completely and unjustly oversaturated with exposure to the level of Ryu/Chun/Morrigan. There are characters far more deserving of a place in this game who have far more to bring to the table than Megaman.

After a good year of watching TvC advance, I'd like to see as little of those characters who aren't staples (Ryu in example) return. Since we already have Viewtiful Joe and Frank returning, I wouldn't want to see any more than these 2, regardless of how popular they are amongst the average person. At least Viewtiful Joe and Frank sucked in TvC and were underrepresented thusly, but Zero was both very strong and very popular. Having Zero in would be just about as bad as making Sentinel a giant. Also, like Megaman, I don't feel Zero offers enough zing to the Marvel Versus Capcom formula. I don't see much of what he offers that other characters couldn't offer with more flash and more relevant Marvel Versus Capcom persona.

Another problem I have with both of them is their size. I'm not much a fan of ******* in fighting games, not just out of having my combos dropped, but I think to have 4 ******* in a single game would lessen the impact that it has. God forbid we get Roll as well. Characters with abnormally small hitboxes should be something unique, not something distributed to a portion of the cast.

Furthermore, there are some characters both far more fitting and far more deserving to include from the megaman lineup. A lot of people have suggested Sigma, who has a lot more to work with. Also, Capcom is full of heroes right now, again, adding two heroes would not help balance out any aesthic elements.

And as my last point, I don't think the Megaman characters fit the art style. Tron looks waaay out of place in that trailer, and she's actually the size of the other characters. Megaman and Zero would look even more odd placed against the rest of the cast.

This is of course mostly based in opinion so its fairly easy to disagree with it, I'm not arguing why these two characters shouldn't be in here, I am simply stating my opinion because it was asked Why.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It just isn't a proper Marvel vs. Capcom game without some form of representation of A Mega Man variation. We got Rock Volnutt in TvC so we were okay for the most part there, but in MvC the game would just feel empty without him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Roll rules.

Yes, we need some version of Mega Man in here. Since they said that X isn't in but fans of that series should be happy to see a character in there, they should keep classic Mega Man. Then we have a Classic rep, an X rep, and a Legends rep, like how they have a different character from a different Street Fighter game to get more in.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm betting that they'll stick in Mega Man Classic and throw in Zero in there as well. I'm not sure if Roll would be in there.
And if she is, I'm curious on if they'll use her TvC version (seems like a lot of people had fun using her in TvC).

If Classic is in, I think they should use his manga design from Mega Man Megamix.
I think that style of his would fit more, IMO.
[collapse="Mega Man"]
[/collapse]

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
That's a sentiment I think everyone can share. :p
she went from a wimpy megaman clone in MVC, to the worst character of them all in MVC2, to a disturbingly good character in TVC. obviously hers is a redemption story.

Roll rules.

Yes, we need some version of Mega Man in here. Since they said that X isn't in but fans of that series should be happy to see a character in there, they should keep classic Mega Man. Then we have a Classic rep, an X rep, and a Legends rep, like how they have a different character from a different Street Fighter game to get more in.
hmmm....
-I'd hate to say it, but someone has to- X series is overrated. ever since X was decomfimed, everyone and their gandma now acts like there should be no MM characters in MVC3. bull.

-classic rep is almost guranteed. it's just a question of Rock or Roll

-I personally want an EXE rep(sue me)- namely Bass. EXE, the most Vs. worthy of all, IMO

-MMZ Zero COULD appear, but he's like SVC Zero, he could be to broken.

-and no one really carses about ZX or star force.

fanal thought: Classic, Legend, X or EXE

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I hope X-23's invisibility isn't what S-Kill meant when he was talking about a character that could do something that was never done in a fighting game before.

Still, she looks cool.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I hope X-23's invisibility isn't what S-Kill meant when he was talking about a character that could do something that was never done in a fighting game before.

Still, she looks cool.
Twelve.

But I dunno. She seems kinda plain for a series that's kinda over the top.

but yeah what Mic said.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
When they announce the character, they will say that was who they were talking about.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure invincibility has been done by Capcom before, and Seth said that their entire playstyle was something brand new to a Capcom fighting game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, invincibility is very common in fighting games and just about every fighting game character these days has some sort of move or attribute that makes them invincible to something.

I've never seen invisibility though.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Oh whoops, typeo, yeah I meant invisibility.

Invisibility's been around for a little while. Guilty Gear had it back in the day, and I'm fairly certain it was around before then as well.

Top Bottom