• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Oh whoops, typeo, yeah I meant invisibility.

Invisibility's been around for a little while. Guilty Gear had it back in the day, and I'm fairly certain it was around before then as well.
the only characters that have invisibility have been chipp in gg, twelve in 3s, and arakune in bb. there might be more but thats off the top of my head

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Well all we needed to confirm that this wasn't the "mind melting" character that Seth mentioned was that her invisibility existed in a previous character, in this case twelve. He stressed the fact that Capcom has never made a character like this, so unless she has something new yet to be seen, she isn't the broken character.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Arakune in BlazBlue.
In a Capcom game I meant. S-Kill said it was new to Capcom fighting games.

I've never played 3rd Strike, only watched it, so that explains why I don't know about Twelve turning invisible.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Reptile also had invisibility in the Mortal Kombat games. I don't know if he kept that ability, but I do remember it being in MK2.

But back to the main topic, I am curious too on the character Seth was hyping up.
I wonder if this character is on Capcom's side or on Marvel's.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
C. Viper's hinted to be in, right? Given that she's going to be introduced in a pair with a Marvel character, who do you suppose her rival's going to be?

Logical choice is Black Widow, of course, they are very similar... but there's a few other choices as well. Black Cat would also work, or, even better for the morally-ambiguous secret agent with powers as well as fighting prowess angle, they could do Songbird.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Neither are obscure to comic book readers, but to the general public I suppose they would be.

Super Skrull and the Skrulls in general played a big role in Marvel's 2008-09 crossover event, Secret Invasion, where Earth's super heroes were being infiltrated by Skrulls (although eventually it turned out to only be Spider-Woman and some minor characters). Super Skrull was the first Skrull though, so it's fitting that he be the representative for the Skrulls in this game. X-23 has been a recurring character in X-Men comics, especially X-Force. A lot of X-Men are forgettable, true, but X-23 in particular is unique since she's a female clone of Wolverine. So she gets a decent amount of representation there.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I know they aren't obscure, the only actually obscure choice for a character Capcom did was Shuma-Gorath (thank god they did, Shuma-Gorath rules), I think it reflects on the appeal to movies and Hot-Topic shirt fans Capcom was going for :/

So according to the Demo that S-Kill did for the easy mode for this game, they can't figure out how to execute Lvl. 3s for that mode? It looks a lot like TvC, but it also has a button just for doing supers. If everyone has 2 Lvl. 1 supers and one Lvl. 3, they should do it like in TvC where inputting a direction and the super button, like Neutral or Forward plus the super button would be Ryu's Shinku Hadoken, Back and super button would be Shinku Tatsumaki, and Down and Super would be Shin Shoryuken. For characters with Utility Supers like Morrigan and Wolverine, pressing Down and Super should do that, and for characters like Chris and Felicia where they have commands instead of supers, that can also just be Down Super. That leaves 4 Inputs for 4 supers. It's not that hard Capcom :p

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
^ The only thing I noticed in that video was Deadpool as Deathstroke.
Wade Wilson (Deadpool) and Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) always got me, but I'm fairly certain what he's wearing was his xmen uniform that he had on for all of 10 pages of so during Fabian Nicieza's C&D run.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
^ Deathstroke's colors - yellow and turquoise/blue - and the general makeup of his costume. If that costume is based off of one from the comics, then it's a good chance that that costume in the comics was a reference to Deathstroke as well.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
85tarou: ウェスカーきたー!!かっこよすぎる!
85tarou: Wesker has ー! ! Too cool! RT

EDIT: This is from 2ch so...

Nevermind. Nothing else revealed so far.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's about **** time they announced Spider-Man. I mean we all knew he was going to be in the game when it was announced so what took them so long.

I like the new animation for Maximum Spider too.

Wesker looks like an odd variation on Tekkaman Blade to me. He's got a teleport and a Crash Intrude super. I'm wondering if his one super is a counter or just has a lot of invincibility frames.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's about **** time they announced Spider-Man. I mean we all knew he was going to be in the game when it was announced so what took them so long.
They probably waited until TGS since they at least wanted one really popular Marvel character that the Japanese would recognize. Japan wouldn't have been hyped if they saw only X-23 and Dormammu for Marvel's side.

Spiderman didn't look too exciting in his gameplay trailer. I hope he's a tricky-like player as he was in MvC2 (but I obviously want him better). Spidey had some interesting resets in that game. If he doesn't, I hope he has something good. If not, I don't see why I'd choose him over Morrigan or something.

Also, I miss Spidey's old voice. His new voice is good, but I probably liked his old voice because of the cartoon. :laugh:

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Yeah, I prefer his old voice too. Josh Keaton's good, but it sounds like he's trying too hard. That was Christopher Barnes playing in the old game, wasn't it?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
^ Really? In the last game they used the voices of whoever was doing the voices of the characters most recently - hence Chistopher Barnes and the X-Men the Animated Series voices.

The show with Neil Patrick Harris came out seven years ago. It'd be like if they used the voice actor from Spiderman and His Amazing Friends in the first game.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Well, the most recent spidey game has NPH doing amazing spider-man.

And Barnes doing Spider-man noir.

Keaton does ultimate spider-man.

And Marvel3 spidey is obviously amazing spidey =(

edit : wtf it's ultimate spidey what the heelll

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, the most recent spidey game has NPH doing amazing spider-man.

And Barnes doing Spider-man noir.

Keaton does ultimate spider-man.

And Marvel3 spidey is obviously amazing spidey =(

edit : wtf it's ultimate spidey what the heelll
But that's more a game-wide nostalgia-continuity-reference type deal, isn't it? More bringing together all the voices of Spiderman for the past decade and a half or so - or at least as far back so that any given person across typical target age range of gamers would at least identify one of them as Spidey.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm... Going over the Spiderman series with NPH again, I didn't like his voice too much. I don't know how he sounded in the games though. And now I remember Keaton, it's been awhile since I last saw that cartoon. It just sounds like he's trying a bit too hard with the attacks. It's not bad though. It's probably because I picture Barnes's Spidey as THE Spidey.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It just sounds like he's trying a bit too hard with the attacks. It's not bad though. It's probably because I picture Barnes's Spidey as THE Spidey.
That's exactly how I feel - Barnes did a great job being laid back. I remember Keaton's voice in Spectacular Spiderman - if he didn't try so hard, he'd sound perfect.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hm, well I mean it's cool that they're trying to stay faithful but...is it really all that big of a deal? Though, I suppose you could say it's like if they used a different voice actor for Snake in Brawl.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well it's a 3 on 3 fighting game so you'll probably have at least 3 mains.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyone else feel Wesker was a bit bland? Nothing there really seemed particular awesome (not counting finishing a super with throwing a missile to the face) It just seems like a very generic moveset.

Top Bottom