• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i wonder what it would be like if smash had the same mechanics as mvc
Imagine Melee having assist characters and stuff.
The game would be crazy and awesome. Someone should make a mod of that. lol

I wonder who would make the best assist? Probably someone low tier...

After X deconfirmed I'm hoping we just keep Classic Megaman, who I wanted more than X to begin with anyway. Volnutt is alright if we get neither.
I think Volnutt will be in due to the Legends stage. Or they could pull a fast one and put Tron as a playable character and change the Legends stage when someone chooses her. If Classic is in, I hope they fix him up. He (and Volnutt as well) needs crazier playstyles, IMO.

Regardless, I still would like Tron playable. I liked her style.

Smash 64 ftw.
This. I love Melee also though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Jedah would make a nice addition. I hope Capcom adds him.
They probably won't though...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
We'll have to wait for Vampire vs Guilty Gear

I can even see some match ups

Morrigan vs I-NO
Demitri vs Sol Badguy
Donovan vs Ky Kiske
Felicia vs Jam
Lei-Lei vs Dizzy
Anakaris vs Faust
Sasquatch vs Potemkin
Zabel vs Eddie
Bulleta vs Zappa
Jedah vs Testament
Dee vs Order Sol
;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Again, where is this Wesker CONFIRMATION?

Giving another hint at which fighters will be in the game, Frank Tieri, who's the writer for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, had an article posted on Capcom-Unity explaining a bit about his recent work.

There isn't much that's going to rock your world here, but there's one interesting quote. Tieri was asked which characters he enjoyed writing the most, and he had this to say.

"As for Capcom, I’ve always been partial to the Resident Evil and Street Fighter franchises so it’s probably those characters, especially the villains. They’re just such evil sons of *****es I had a ball writing for them."

There aren't a ton of characters that are considered villains in the Street Fighter series that have enough popularity to warrant being put in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

As such, some people have suspected he's talking about M. Bison here, although there are a few other notable evil fighters that have shown up in the series.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/22/mvc3-plot-guy-sf-resident-evil-villains-fun-write/

BTW, Wesker to be revealed officially at TGS.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It may not be but really who else do you THINK they are talking about? Certainly isn't Tyrant or Nemesis...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Not every character written into the game and who shows up in the story will be playable, either.

Wesker has been obvious for a while, tho.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think it's simply coincidence that pilot is wearing a suit under that pilot helmet and jacket.

More importantly, Tron Bonne is back! :D

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Ah I heard it had light medium hard guard launcher and the new button.

Did some research and its looking the same practically, besides some characters and their weird directional inputs.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
But that wasn't pioneered by TvC by any means. Most new age fighting game has a system very similar.
And I haven't seen in out of the ordinary inputs yet, just standard SRK, charge, and fireball, tiger knee motions.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ah I heard it had light medium hard guard launcher and the new button.

Did some research and its looking the same practically, besides some characters and their weird directional inputs.
There is no guard button and the new button is the launcher.

I am also 100% confident that the silhouette at the end of this trailer is She-Hulk

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Trailer was awesomesauce. Can't say I'm excited that Tron Bonne got in, though. =/

Also, if you want to get technical, Dormammu wasn't revealed to be playable until it was alongside Viewtiful Joe :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Right now, if there was any character I'd want to be in this game asides Zero (he's my main choice for a Capcom rep), is Venom.

Venom and Spider-Man for the perfect Spidey series reps. Oh, and it has to be the Eddie Brock version before the symbiote changed the appearance of Mac Gargan.

That or at least give Spider-Man a symbiote suit alternative color/costume.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Speech bubbles better show up in their taunts, that was what I liked most about them. I'm not a Spider-Man fan at all, but Spider-Man of course deserves to make it in, and Venom was actually cool in MvC.

The thing that has me going for the pilot as Frank West is the identical blazers, blood on his pants, a strap on his shoulder likely for his camera, and most importantly, his silhouette was in the very first trailer for the game.

Top Bottom