• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Apparently Seth Killian disconfirmed Megaman X. Hinted that Zero might be in, in context Maverick Hunter Zero.

Also:

"Seth mentioned that they have a character in a near-final build of the game that is supposedly the craziest thing ever put into a Capcom fighting game, and that it may or may not be broken."
After Amaterasu this I HAVE to see.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
That plus bombs, fruit, hammers, toys, and meteors of ****. Faust is so great he can grow plants by raising his finger.

So great.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
- NO GOD **** MEGAGMAN
- According to Seth Killian, there is one Marvel character that is one of the craziest things ever put into a Capcom fighting game
- This character would be broken, but the designers were able to cleverly implement things
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3 silhouettes should be taken with a grain of salt
- Some characters may not be in the game anymore even if they were in a silhouette
- Seth Killian said that characters mentioned in the suggestion box were too late
- This is because the roster was practically finalized by then
- X, Phoenix, Gene mentioned when Seth was talking about character suggestions being too late

Rumored details

- Nitsuma said that there will be an X rep, so Zero will most likely be in the game
- Seth Killian said X fans would be happy"

GOOD! Megaman is a waste.

As for the new charecter, I suspect Squirrel Girl.
Thus far, Squirrel Girl has beaten:

* Doctor Doom
* Mandarin
* Giganto
* MODOK
* Thanos
* Terrax
* Bug-Eyed Voice
* Bi-Beast
* Deadpool
* Pluto

kr3wman

Smash Master
Deadpool is the joke character of the game.

Squirrel Girl would be one too many.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
- X, Phoenix, Gene mentioned when Seth was talking about character suggestions being too late
Did you mean Jean, or is there a character called Gene?

Deadpool is the joke character of the game.
Since when?

Perhaps the super-whacky character is Ego, the Living Planet?

since they said it's a Marvel character it could be near anything XD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ah, cool. Don't supose they happen to have had a worthy villian btw? Capcom really could do with some more. :urg:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
He does that in his books. He's a funny character but not a joke character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, there's a difference between "funny" and "joke". Joke characters are normally completley out of place and bad. If Deadpool is a joke char, then Wario is too.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
- Some characters may not be in the game anymore even if they were in a silhouette
Immediately thought of C. Viper.

X was the only incarnation of Mega Man deconfirmed, right? There'd better be some incarnation (preferably Classic) :mad:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah, cool. Don't supose they happen to have had a worthy villian btw? Capcom really could do with some more. :urg:
Well we know we are getting a Street Fighter and Resident Evil villain as the Marvel writer working on the game script accidentally revealed. Chances are it is either Bison, Seth. or Gill for the SF villain and Wesker for the RE villain.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As for the new charecter, I suspect Squirrel Girl.
I've been wanting Squirrel Girl ever since this game was announced.

Azumanga Daioh is the best anime ever.
Yeah, there's a difference between "funny" and "joke". Joke characters are normally completley out of place and bad. If Deadpool is a joke char, then Wario is too.
Brawl in general is a joke.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Megaman NES style Pixel-Megaman.
Fix'd

After X deconfirmed I'm hoping we just keep Classic Megaman, who I wanted more than X to begin with anyway. Volnutt is alright if we get neither.

I hated Brawl when it came out but got into the game a month or two ago at school and it's not that bad. Of course I now think the entire competitive smash community is more of a joke than any of the games are. Smash 64 ftw.

Mario is only kind of a shoto, instead of a Hurricane Kick he has a Hurricane Punch, old Down B, QCB + P. Speaking of which, what would the Cape's Side B input be? HCF + K like Ryu's side kick?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Maybe you should compare mvc to melee. it works better.....since...you know...brawl is slow and easy and has no combos...thats like the complete oposite of marvel...

I hated Brawl when it came out but got into the game a month or two ago at school and it's not that bad. Of course I now think the entire competitive smash community is more of a joke than any of the games are. Smash 64 ftw.
I dont see much wrong with the melee community other than the fact that 50% of us are bitter elitists. We're pretty **** chill most of the time. Srk tho, they're WAY worse with the elitism. Like if you're young, you must not know much about fgs. Thats how they think. I will never say I'm 16 on SRK because I know it'll take all credibilty away from my posts.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fix'd

After X deconfirmed I'm hoping we just keep Classic Megaman, who I wanted more than X to begin with anyway. Volnutt is alright if we get neither.

Mario is only kind of a shoto, instead of a Hurricane Kick he has a Hurricane Punch, old Down B, QCB + P. Speaking of which, what would the Cape's Side B input be? HCF + K like Ryu's side kick?
I think it's likely that we'll be getting Classic Megaman. He's the original and was in the other MvC games.

I think cape would probably be DP+K or backwards DP+K like in TvC.

I dont see much wrong with the melee community other than the fact that 50% of us are bitter elitists. We're pretty **** chill most of the time. Srk tho, they're WAY worse with the elitism. Like if you're young, you must not know much about fgs. Thats how they think. I will never say I'm 16 on SRK because I know it'll take all credibilty away from my posts.
You're only sixteen?! I thought you were my age.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was 15 when I started to get serious about MvC 2, 2I/3S, Alpha 2, Kof 99 at the arcades and this was still years ago.

Top Bottom