• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I love the way this game is gonna be a fast paced fighter.

That's one of the main things I look for in fighters, speed and deep gameplay.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Holy ****, Stan Lee's SS graphic novel series was one of the few things Marvel deserves to be fully hyped about, this is epic.

So far I'm thinking Trish, Amaterasu, and Silver Surfer

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Not sure if you guys have seen this or not, but this is rumored to be the complete character roster.

::MARVEL::
-Captain America
-Deadpool
-Dr. Doom
-Elektra
-Emma Frost
-Hulk
-Iron Man
-Juggernaut
-Magneto
-Mr. Fantastic
-She-Hulk
-Shuma Gorath
-Spider-Man
-Super Skrull
-Taskmaster
-Thor
-War Machine
-Wolverine
-X-23

::CAPCOM::
-Akuma
-Albert Wesker
-Amaterasu
-Arthur
-Chris Redfield
-Chun-Li
-Dante
-Felicia
-Frank West
-Hsien-Ko
-Mike Haggar
-Morrigan
-Nathan Spencer
-Ryu
-Trish
-Tron Bonne
-Viewtiful Joe
-Zero

This list has gained some credibility because it was posted online before Thor, Amateratu, Trish, and Super Skrull were confirmed to be in the game. Trish and Super Skrull were pretty lucky guesses if this is a fake roster.

SOURCE: http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-3-s-playable-roster-revealed--180206.phtml

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As it's already been said, that list is fake.
Mr. Fantastic isn't in since they already stated that none of the Fantastic Four will be in since we already have Super Skrull.

Also, the source of the list has been edited multiple times to include the newcomers that have been announced.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
As it's already been said, that list is fake.
Mr. Fantastic isn't in since they already stated that none of the Fantastic Four will be in since we already have Super Skrull.

Also, the source of the list has been edited multiple times to include the newcomers that have been announced.
I was unaware that the list has been edited. I was going by what the Destructoid post said, which is that those characters were already on that list before they were officially announced. I just recently became aware of that list though, so I haven't been keeping up with it to know if it's been edited or not. If what you say is true, then the list probably is fake.

I would like to point out, though, that you can't rule the Fantastic Four out just because the developers said that they wouldn't be in the game. David Jaffe also said that we wasn't working on a new Twisted Metal game just a few weeks before revealing one at E3. It's not unheard of for developers to lie in order to throw off fans so they can surprise them later.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Emma Frost was deconfirmed as well.

Also don't see how T. Bonne and Zero can be playable without Mega Man 8|

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Emma Frost was deconfirmed as well.

Also don't see how T. Bonne and Zero can be playable without Mega Man 8|
I guess the same way that Super Skrull could be playable without the Fantastic Four.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They just posted on eventhubs that all lists are wrong, and by all lists I'm pretty sure they ment that list.

And the list was originally from gamefaqs.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
FFFFUUUU- source plox?

A Famitsu article back when the game was first announced had a silhouette of Silver Surfer from the front on it, so even if not playable and only part of the story, I'd be glad to see him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright isn't in, get over it.

If another TvC is made he'll be at the top of the list, but for now, he's not.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Ummmm, just in case you guys don't know yet, the Silver Surfer thing was a hoax.
now it's kinda 50/50, since it's revealed that the guy who made that pic works for UDON,. the company doing the MVC comic. so now, it's a big question mark on SS.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Viewtiful Joe is more Viewtiful in this game than he was in TvC. Because there he wasn't as Viewtiful as a Viewtiful Joe should be.

Yeah, would expect Zero after how good he's been in SvC Chaos and TvC. Would personally prefer one of the Wily Machines piloted by the doctor but that probably wouldn't be nearly as popular.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dormamu may be the next Blackheart

Viewtiful Joe is worse than Gold Lightan. Actually, I take that back, but it's close

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Dormammu gameplay.
Viewtiful Joe gameplay.
Dormammu looks pretty sick. He actually reminds me a lot of Magneto. It's also pretty cool that he makes special note of Dante before the match, so the opponent's team can influence what the characters say too.
Viewtiful Joe seems a bit underwhelming. Might just be that Six Machine super, though...

§leepy God

Smash Master
Viewtiful Joe looks a lot better than he was in TvC. Plus Desperado is a useful Hyper now. In TvC it took around three seconds to fire, much better.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Dormammu looks pretty sick. He actually reminds me a lot of Magneto.
read this and I was hyped.

saw the video and I was like.

that looked nothing like Magneto lol.

He has like one of Blackheart specials, and Doom's old qcf+2p super. Edit : and Ruby Heart's small pillar thingie.

It's also kinda weird that they edited the dormammu vid because the player couldn't combo into the supers lulz.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Too bad Gene isn't in. I would've liked to have made a Team Clover Studio. :laugh:

I miss Joe's old voice from the Viewtiful Joe games.
And I might actually try out and use Viewtiful Joe this time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
New MvC3 clips was cool, mainly because it showed off Dante, Amaterasu, and Viewtiful Joe in one team. I'm really looking forward to using those three actually. They all have some pretty nice assists. Joe and Amaterasu's slow down supers seem pretty annoying though.

I wonder what made Capcom think that would be a good idea, especially since they're level 1 supers.

Using slow while having Dante use his CapCom-like assist and chucking Voomerang sounds pretty annoying fun.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree, Zero would be a fun addition. I want my Zero/Strider/Gambit team Capcom! I have dreamed of that team since 2000!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
For a second after I read that post I thought Wesker was confirmed. He hasn't been, it's just complete rumor saturation.

Apparently Viper is semi-confirmed though.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/aug/28/silhouette-image-shows-c-viper-marvel-vs-capcom-3/
I kind of have mixed feeling about her being in. On the one hand, we do need SOMEONE from the SFIV series and Viper does a fine job (more so than, say, Rufus or Hakan anyway). At the same time though, she has overlapping commands and I can't think of when her Seismic Hammer would be useful unless they make it a launcher (which would be good as an assist but not have much use on point compared to her regular launcher) or a Captain Corridor type thing (unlikely since we already have that with Dante).

I actually think Juri would fit better into MvC3 than Viper, even though I hate her voice and character design. She also has overlapping commands so they'd probably have to either change the command for her counter or remove it entirely, but this is a minor issue. Pinwheel Kick would make a good assist for extending combos, Roundhouse Fireball Kick could make a good anti-air assist if they increase the speed and range, and there's always the standard low fireball assist for a hit comfirm. Wallbounce divekick could be a very good combo starter, finisher, or reset tool. Her supers would adjust o the Marvel system well too. Fuharenjin could be a Hail Storm-like move if they increase the duration of the projectiles and Kaisen Danraku could be a cool Level 3. Feung Shui Engine would need a little tweaking...maybe make it like Time Flip and give them 2 Juris to extend combos, give her an 8-way airdash that her moves can cancel into, or just generally make it a damage boosting super.

That said, now that Viper is in, I'm starting to see how she could fit into the MvC gameplay more. Her rocket boots open up a good amount of possibilities for movement, including possible multi-directional air dashes, which in turn would lead to a great high-low game. Flight would be too much to hope for though, but I guess it's not completely out of the question. Double and/or Triple jumps are also possible and probably the most likely use of her boots. Thunder Knuckle could be a good assist if used as an anti-air. Her Supers can also fit nicely too. Emergency Combo can be used as a combo starter if it works in this game like Chun's Hoyokusen and both Burst Time and Burning Dance can be used as combo finishers. As far as enging combos without using a super goes, Burning Kick could have some potential in that department and if they allow Thunder Knuckle to be used in the air that could serve well too. Another possiblity is that they make Thunder Knuckle like Storm's Lightning Attack...lol.

I'm going off the assumption that each character has 2 Level 1 Supers and 1 Level 3 Super btw since that seems to be the style they're going with. Can you tell that people who worked on TvC also worked on this?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I knew if SF IV series was getting a rep it would be Juri or C. Viper just because of air combos.

Overlapping commands can be taken care of
> + M - Elbow (overhead)
> + H - Double Kick (combo extension)
(Air) QCB + At - Burning Kick (all cross up, can press 2 At to cancel) (M version Assist)
FDP + At - Seismo Hammer (L - Close, M - Med, H - Far, all launch, can press 2 At to cancel) (M version assist)
QCF + At - Thunder Knuckle (L - Crouching, M - High, H - AA can press 2 At to cancel) (H version Assist)
QCF + At,At - Emergency Combination (Level 1 super, THC for Burning Kick and Thunder Knuckle Assists)
FDP + At,At - Burst Time (Level 1 super, THC for Seismo Hammer Assist)
Air QCF + At,At - Burst Dance (Level 3 Super)

Not sure what her Utility Super could be

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Utility Super? Not sure what you mean. All of her supers are either combo starters or enders.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Utility supers are stuff like VJoe Slowdown, Ammy's Mist. Or stuff like Wolverine speedup super or Dante's demon form (or something, never played DMC). Hayato had like one that if you hit your opponent with it you had infinite supers for a short period of time or Sakura's SnH form.

Strider's orbs? Maybe.

stuff like that.

Top Bottom