• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
As long as my boy Dan Hibiki is there I'll be happy. If not than my previous statement still stands.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The game is good as ****, but as you said he looks ******** in a fighting game. He makes MegaMan looks normal (I'm really suprised MegaMan and Spiderman haven't been announced BTW).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ok, I REALLY wanna see how they were able to make Amaterasu fit into this game. He'd be almost as much of a challenge as Pheonix Wright.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
She. Amaterasu's a she, or at least Amaterasu is; I'm not sure about her incarnation.

Anyway, my reaction to Amaterasu being in this game:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What, were people too busy playing Twilight Princess or whatever lame Zelda game instead of Okami? This is awesome news.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is Smashboards we're talking about. Half the people are too scared to try other fighters.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Okami isn't a fighter, but replace "any adventure game other than Zelda and Nintendo titles" and it'd basically be the same.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was referring to MvC3 because of the lack of discussion in this thread, not Okami, and I'd know that Okami isn't a fighter as I beat that game a few years ago.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've seen some comments on SRK wondering how she was going to work because she's shorter than other characters.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I was in bed and all I have to say is

THHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

**** YES

edit: and the more I look at Amaterasu the more i want to main her.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was referring to MvC3 because of the lack of discussion in this thread
Isn't it something like 3AM in america? That's probably why.

That said, this looks great. Gotten hyped up enough to get MvC2 on XBox Arcade.:)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I was in bed and all I have to say is

THHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

**** YES

edit: and the more I look at Amaterasu the more i want to main him.
HER.

This ***** be srs.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
• Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher.

• Ghost Rider was on the list of potential characters up until the end, but didn't make the cut and Punisher wasn't included because he was too similar to Chris Redfield. They developers were careful about not having characters who would overlap too much.

• Niitsuma didn't rule out more Comic-Con MvC3 announcements — although he said this before Thor and Amaterasu were confirmed.

• The current character select screen is not completely indicative of what the final character screen will look like. So counting the available slots won't get you far.

• Each stage is tied to at least some of the characters in the game. Later, Niitsuma was asked if that means Mega Man will be in the game because of the Mega Man Legends stage. He said he wouldn't go back on what he said previously, but fans will have to wait and see.

• Air dashing will be as similar to MvC2 as possible. Not every character will have one, but it will be close to what was in the previous game as far as how many fighters can perform it.

• An arcade version isn't planned, but if the reception to the game is good, an arcade release might pan out.

• Ryota recommended Ryu and Captain America as good characters to start off to learn the basics, but said that you should choose fighters based on if you like them and if their style of play fits you. He added that the game isn't that difficult to learn, so you should be OK using most of the roster.

• The 'Take You For a Ride' song might be returning. It's a popular tune and they did a few new arrangements on it, so we'll see if it ends up in the game.

• Capcom realizes the timer is running out quickly on players in these early builds, usually before they can K.O. someone — but the game is still being balanced and they're aware of this issue. Basically, if it continues to be a problem as the game progresses, expect a change.

• Trish is an advanced character and isn't recommended for beginning players.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Frank Tieri (on who he enjoyed writing for most) said:
As for Capcom, I’ve always been partial to the Resident Evil and Street Fighter franchises so it’s probably those characters, especially the villains. They’re just such evil sons of *****es I had a ball writing for them.
Hmm.......

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Isn't it something like 3AM in america? That's probably why.

That said, this looks great. Gotten hyped up enough to get MvC2 on XBox Arcade.:)
I got hyped enough to buy a used copy for 40 bucks at gamestop

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Thor does not look amazing. He looks sluggish as ****. Ammy on the other hand...

She has made my team with super skrull.

edit: I was really looking forward to thor but he's still good, he does a ****TON of damage.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
ammy and thor both look really cool. thor reminds me of potemkin and thanos. ammy seems like she is gonna be a ***** to deal with but prolly dies in one or two good combos.

all the new characters are ****** the only problem is doom not having pink photon shots :mad:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Thor's supers look good.

Other than that he is hella slow. I think the Thanos comparison is accurate.

Top Bottom