• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

kr3wman

Smash Master
what glitch.

if you unlocked everything in the game you could choose the same character more than once.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
just like the fact that you really can combo people to death unless you use supers. There are still people like iron man and Magneto who can do infinite combos in their sleep

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
ill reword i then just for you kind sir. They made it to you can not pull 60% of the infinites that you could have on the PS2, DC, or Xbox version.

1 example would be strider's infinite on sentinel. After about 60 hits, sentinel gets knocked into the air which stops your combo

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I heard Magneto infinite was really hard to do
The infinite isn't too bad to pull off once you got the timing down.
I find it much easier than a fly/unfly infinite.

I can only to Magneto's infinite on characters like Sentinel though since I haven't bothered to learn the timing the lighter characters.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
i personally need a arcade stick to pull it off. you are automatically good if you can do it with a PS3 or Xbox controller IMO. You have to be quick to pull off those combos

yeah but magneto does Fly/unfly combos but not are complicated are sentinel (isnt he like the best character with magneto).

my bad minato i meant you put cant in the sentence that you didnt understand

Minato

穏やかじゃない
ill reword i then just for you kind sir. They made it to you can not pull 60% of the infinites that you could have on the PS2, DC, or Xbox version.

1 example would be strider's infinite on sentinel. After about 60 hits, sentinel gets knocked into the air which stops your combo
I'm pretty sure they still fly out from 50+hit combos (without supers) on the PS2/DC/XBOX versions.
That's how MvC2 has always been which is why people go for resets.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I know on the PS3 and 360 version spinouts actually occur later so you can probably go to around 50 hits but I thought in arcade and DC version 45 was the magic number.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Playtesting? I heard it was going to be an EARLY BUILD that might, you know, CHANGE.

I think they need to enlarge the "IMAGES REPRESENT A GAME CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT" line at the bottom of the videos. Like put it under the health bars and over the meters.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
On that note Gates, I find it hillarious that everyone was taking the E3 build so seriously. You could tell by reading Mike Z's comments that it was a super early build of the game, filled with stupid **** that we all know 's gonna be changed. Normals can't link? Supers that can't kill? You can send out an assist while getting hit? the **** was more goofy than MvC2 at its worst.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If MvC3 will really be at Evo, I hope they'll announce new characters there. They might not though since they could just save them for Comic Con.

kr3wman

Smash Master
they'll announce new & returning characters over time like they did with SSFIV, keeping the classic characters (Mag/Sent/Storm/Cable/Strider/etc) for the end so that they keep MvC2 heads grumbling the whole way until just before the game is out so that they'll buy it (even if they'll just play for a couple of days before going back to MvC2)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Actually, I don't think I'll be able to go to Vegas next week for Evo. Oh well.
Don'y you have to pre reg for evo?
I went to the one 2 years ago where they had SFIV, TvC, and BlazBlue set up. They didn't have any sort of security so you can just walk in. Only people that were registered were supposed to be allowed to playtest the games. The players at Evo were nice and let me play and get in line anyway. The BlazBlue set up wasn't an arcade cabinet and had Aksys (?) guys, so I wasn't allowed to play that though. :laugh:

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
"1-Pixel Rage - There was an extra feature I missed mentioning; not sure what to call it, but basically if you are comboing someone and you bring them down to 1 pixel of life during a long combo, from that point it will take a few extra hits to kill them, no matter what hits they are, even though they should already be dead. If you drop the combo before you do those hits, they stay at one pixel but it still takes the extra hits to kill. I think this was done to add artificial suspense, since you get some more 1-pixel survival, but it felt odd." - Mike Z

I swear, I can no longer start to really take this game seriously anymore, they are throwing every stupid game mechanic in this game that I'm just laughing more then anything else now.

Let us hope and pray that this doesn't stay in the "real" MvC3 version, considering there's enough stupid things being employed in the game already. I remember posting up asking why IM's Super didn't kill, however now I finally know why.

This is just a dumb idea...who the h*ll seriously thinks this will make things "better"? Basically going to allow the losing player to live longer, so in the end, you can't strategically position to kill someone flat out because it "may not kill him/her" at this point. :rotfl:

Capcom better be doing a serious overhaul in the next remaining months.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Of course things will change. Why do I get the feeling that this is gonna turn into another Brawl case. Where it's slammed by everyone who played MvC2, but still extremely popular. B|

Minato

穏やかじゃない
At least they don't have tripping.

...yet...
Capcom should've had Fly/Unfly combos kept in but have characters' fly mode randomly malfunction to prevent infinites. /sarcasm

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they'll remove this pixel thing. It sounds like some bad idea on scaling.
It actually almost reminds me of Kingdom Hearts 2 where you can't kill bosses unless you finish it off with a combo or a spell. lol

I was playing the E3 demo of Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I have to say that even though I enjoyed the game, certain things did seem pretty irrelevant.

Like sometimes when I tried to jump in the air and block with Wolverine, he would randomly go into this weird semi falling animation and I would get hit by a freaking proton cannon. -_-

And that whole 1 pixel thing, it seems like it would be true. When I played Dante and used jackpot, it seems like he wouldn't die even on the last hit, then again, I usually did Jackpot after a combo and the damage scaling took effect, but that shouldn't happen with 1 pixel...ever.

There are some instances when I killed my opponent with chip damage shinku hadoken, but not with assist and normals since the opponent would either advance guard my string or just not take any chip damage, seems to be weak in this game. Blocking a Proton Cannon didn't bother me at all even when I had a 5th of my health.

I really hope that the 1 pixel thing is a glitch. It could ruin so many offensive strategies is not.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman

Of course things will change. Why do I get the feeling that this is gonna turn into another Brawl case. Where it's slammed by everyone who played MvC2, but still extremely popular. B|
Brawls fundamental mechanics stayed the same from Melee, so I really don't know what you are trying to say here in making comparisons from MvC2 to MvC3. However can you legitimately say that Brawl from a strategical standpoint was as good as Melee?

Its absolutely amazing that people like you who obviously never played the MvC series seriously before show up out of nowhere and tell others who've enjoyed and loved the series for it's fundamental and strategical aspects to stop being so negative about this new game. The only thing that I want is for this game to be good, not a stupid washed down version which is basically what MvC3 at this point is heading out to be like.

that doesn't even sound liek a feature but a glitch. Calm down everyone.
It is a feature implementation, there was a few videos in which was posted showing this occurring in which a character would get hit in a continuous string, only to not die at 1-pixel left. This implementation is made with the purpose of "supposedly" adding more suspense :rolleyes: .

This was first thought to be a glitch by many including me (Which surprised many of us again because this Glitch should have been easily visible and fixed before the E3 playable released), because it was odd to see characters not die, even though they were getting hit by a super combo with basically no life left. However Mike simply forgot to post it up at the thread opener that it was in fact a feature that was implemented in. So yes, as of now, it's in MvC3.

Ps: Since we are in the Spirit of Marvel vs Capcom, here's a video of Empire Arcadia vs Team Canada in a Team vs Team for MvC2 a few years back, yeah many of the tactics are old and what not, but still great to watch nonetheless.

In this particular one, from 2:24 to 2:30, You'll see the Power of Magneto's Combo Resets, Justin Wong basically killed that full life Cable in 3 seconds! There used to be a clearer video but this is the only one I could find, anyhow, when Cable dies, the timer only dropped from 99 to 96 seconds, lmao!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVscNawF08&feature=related

Magneto Resets>>>>>>Magneto Infinite.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The infinite itself isn't what makes Magneto broken, it's his resets, 8 way dash, etc. Any **** can have an infinite but if they can't land it easliy it's not going to be too bad.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

People aren't bashing MvC3, it might look that way to you. People are just concerned over the changes and voicing their opinions on what should be changed. The community loves the VS series which is why they discuss these changes in MvC3.

Plus Capcom is actually looking at fan reactions on the game and are actually open to suggestions. Capcom doesn't want to screw over their existing VS fans so they want outside input and then kind of work things from there on.

Wasn't Mike Z just a spectator at E3 who was playing? How would he know the difference between a glitch and feature?
Mike Z said he did get his hands on the game at E3 and played a lot of it.
As for the 1 pixel thing, I have a feeling that was just a feature that was put in only on this build.

Capcom did say this is an outdated build. They even admitted saying that this one was built from TvC ideas while the one they have working on at Capcom feels much more like MvC2.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah I know he got his hands on it, I'm just wondering how he could tell the difference between an intentional feature and a glitch.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know he got his hands on it, I'm just wondering how he could tell the difference between an intentional feature and a glitch.
It occurred in numerous instances, not just one single incident. If this indeed was a glitch, it would have been easily seen and removed, which is what I posted at srk.com, because the programmers and beta testers should be fired then, if they didn't see this after countless playtime.

You don't just miss something this crucial during beta testing even before the E3 release, unless it was intentional. Also, Mike did get his hands on it along with a few others whom were posting at srk.com. That's why he was able to start breaking down in great detail of how MvC3 played like at E3.

Other people who also played it at E3 were confirming that this was an implementation not a glitch. So at this point, in MvC3, this is a legitimate mechanic, which hopefully will be weeded out by the time of MvC3's actual release.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can't see why Capcom would think the 1 pixel thing would be good feature. I don't think they'd make that dumb of a decision. I do think they implemented this feature just for the demo so people could get a feel of the game and have fun at the demo kiosks.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I don't know Winged, there were some other "wtf" glitches, such as you being able to assist when hit :laugh:. Maybe its a glitch, maybe it isn't, as long as it isn't in on the final build its all good.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I don't know Winged, there were some other "wtf" glitches, such as you being able to assist when hit :laugh:. Maybe its a glitch, maybe it isn't, as long as it isn't in on the final build its all good.
That assist notion is harder to notice, but if you combo someone and they happen to not die, 1-pixel remaining, any person playing beta would have noticed this prior to its E3 release. Your telling me nobody at Capcom who was testing this, never did a super combo to try and finish someone off, only to not see that the character was sitting at 1-pixel still alive?

I would have more reason to believe everyone who was there that played the game to state that this was intentional and implemented by Capcom then by people who didn't play the game and state it was a glitch. Again, this was and has already been discussed at srk.com pertaining to this, which has been stated to be an implementation.

On another note, I don't see how MvC3 is going to change so drastically from the E3 version to the one that will be displayed at Evolution. Capcom is literally putting themselves in a corner by saying "It will be very different" because now every person will be expecting something that is drastically different from the one that was played at E3.

I mean, seriously, how much can it change? I remember the same exact thing when Street Fighter IV first showed up for Beta "Oh, this will change alot, trust me" from Capcom people. Other then the tone of damage, a slight mod to Gief, everything that was seen in the Beta nearly 95% of it made through to the official release. To me, it makes it sound like there's a Secret MvC3 version completely different from the MvC3 one at E3 which is highly unlikely.

However, I will give Capcom that nod until we get the Evo build break downs.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hopefully we do get another build for Evo. I hope Capcom doesn't just use the same one from E3. It'd be nice since there'll be a lot of pro players there to test out the game.

Top Bottom