• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
This game is rad. Hoping to see Strider, because I used Clockw0rk and we all pretty much know Doom will be in this game. Hopefully he has his rocks and Strider just needs his orbs then I shall be open for business.

All this game needs is just to be a taaad more balanced and its gonna be soooo much fun, I am fine if they keep it broken though.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Marvel Versus Capcom 3 is at Evo. the 3 Bar supers are in there. Dead Pool's is a counter, and as rumored, he hits you with the lifebar.

They took out universal double jump and air dash.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It was a rumor that he hit you with his health bar. I should also note that he walks forward while waiting for the counter hit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Seeing videos off the new build and after replaying MvC2 again, I take back what I said earlier from the thread and hope for universal air dashes again. Plus, I don't trust Capcom by trying to find alternative ways in order to compensate those without air dashes. :laugh:

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I would have wanted universal airdashes, however they CAN compensate for this by simply giving other characters Better Options to simply deal with the Air Dominance that will obviously occur within the Marvel vs Series.

That's been a significant problem here which simply seems to elude Capcom in the entire Marvel vs Series. They can simply make certain characters being, super, super dominant on the ground, having a ridiculous ground game. Take for example Strider in MvC1..if you even spent 5 seconds on the ground, he could destroy you for it, now something like that would be interesting again.

However we'll see what goes down in this game with more updates from the Evo Build by peeps who have access to it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not sure what Capcom's going for anymore. I'm confused if Air Dash will be out or not now. Seems like they're kinda just gauging reactions from the fans. Plus the "X Factor" ability doesn't have to be activated when you only have one character left now.

Seems like we won't get a solid idea on how MvC3 will be like until a build or two later.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Probably not even then. We still have at least 9 months to wait until the game is released, and from this build to the last we've seen some pretty big and weird changes.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
MvC3 won't change a whole lot from this Evo Build, I'm very, very sure on this, other then a few tweaks, I really am not seeing a whole new "change for the better" mentality. This MvC game is already looking to be weaker from a depth, strategy standpoint in contrast to MvC2 already, so unless they do some serious overhauls, your not going to get a whole different game from what's being seen here for Evo because this is the so called "Secret MvC3" that nobody has played.

Fundamentally this game will not change a lot, also LoL at the X-Factor ability, like I said, it was stupid to have it in, and it will make the game feel even more WTF now.

I'll do my best to post up most of the information pertaining to MvC3 at Evolution after the tournament is all over and when we finally get up to date info.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wtf X-Factor can be done when you have more than one person left?

If they keep that then make it be used up a lot faster. I know that the only reason people that are good at the game will be using it is for canceling to finish a match, but srsly.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@Mic pretty sure there is, let me get it for ya...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16lsJREj9vY
Haha, awesome :D

Wtf X-Factor can be done when you have more than one person left?

If they keep that then make it be used up a lot faster. I know that the only reason people that are good at the game will be using it is for canceling to finish a match, but srsly.
What is this? I've looked around a bit and can find people talking about it, but not what it is.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
When you hear a CLING noice and the character turns red they're in x factor. It boosts attack, replenishes red life, and lets you cancel moves (even supers) with it.

Basically, some TvC ****, in a Marvel game.

Do not want.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's not just some TvC **** in a Marvel game. That kind of **** was also in Melty Blood.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Was talking to a few heads on MvC3 at Evo2k10...

Some notes that were never addressed in MvC2 but somehow made it into MvC3, due to again, poor programming.

Character points, will get blocked alot of times by assist who'll stand out in front of them, making it nearly impossible to see where your point character was at. If anyone played MvC2 at all, you would have known that this was an issue that was problematic many times, that should have easily been avoided and fixed in MvC3, however it's still there.

Another thing is, that Holding Back+Assist to tag is no longer it, however it's just as stupid with holding the assist button down in order to Tag. There's a slight delay which makes it rather hilarious to say the least, so the option to tag a character on reaction is no longer, basically putting you into a guessing prediction mode to do so. Never understood why they simply couldn't a Two-button tag feature which would make this problem go away completely.

Everyone stating that in the Evo build, all of the Assist felt very weak and many of them, or nearly all of them felt almost useless, because they didn't have priority and were very slow. Anti-Air Assist doesn't work in the same way, because now you have to call in advance, however if you are blocking you are left with only the only option to push block.

Dante's Jam Session was stated to be a good Assist because it covers the screen in a way like Commando's AAA in MvC2 but hits multiple times and moves slightly forward, and is supposedly really good with IM currently.

I will not even go into the X-Factor garbage as I feel that's one of the most stupid ploys put into this game for MvC3. It's as I stated and predicted earlier that limiting buttons was going to cause more problems then solving anything, and thus far, after two different builds, it's still wrecking havoc.

For a last statement, MvC3 is definitely stated to really, really benefit rush down characters alot at this very point. So anyone who can't rush down in this game are going to be having some serious issues, considering I don't know how they'll get alot of help currently when the Assist System is much, much weaker then in MvC2.

Imo, if you don't give characters like Ryu more advanced rush down tactics, then at least give him Monster Over the Top Zoning capabilities so that he can be effective at something, otherwise he's going to suffer just like how he's been suffering in numerous other MvC games. I don't want this game to be a complete everyone just rush down tactics, because in MvC2, even the Big-4 played to different strengths, like Cable was as slow as turtle but his zoning was Elite-Tier and getting in on him was nearly impossible, while Mags was the rush down God, with Storm being runaway, etc, etc.

Maybe the "3rd" Build will be better overall yeah? :rolleyes:

kr3wman

Smash Master
They need to get rid of that last pixel needs one more hit to die thing.

that's my main problem with this. Just looks/feels stupid.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like how the image says "more characters" even though they said it would have maybe half as many as MvC2.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Depending on the final roster, I may be glad or mifted that devil may cry is getting two characters. Seriously.

Top Bottom