• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
Finally started playing this game again, online screws me up too much. New team is She-hulk, taskmaster, Arthur. Willing to replace Arthur with a better achor. Can't do the taskmaster bnb, but I am basically doing the magic series with a few mighty swings and an arrow lift in there for around 600-650k damage. Feels good to be back

:phone:

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

And if you have a PS2 controller, you should buy the xtokki 360 converter from Laugh's website. No lag and it's only 20 bucks.
I was actually talking to Wolfkrone about the xtokki PS2 adapters. They are all fine and dandy but for some reason on most PS2 controllers using the L2 and R2 buttons can take some getting used to. You have to press them extremely hard for the input to go through. I still have this problem but apparently after buying 3 different PS2 controllers he found one that doesn't have this problem.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was actually talking to Wolfkrone about the xtokki PS2 adapters. They are all fine and dandy but for some reason on most PS2 controllers using the L2 and R2 buttons can take some getting used to. You have to press them extremely hard for the input to go through. I still have this problem but apparently after buying 3 different PS2 controllers he found one that doesn't have this problem.
Hm, strange. I haven't had that problem before on my PS2 controller.
But I only own one so I guess I got a nice proper working one.

If this only happens on the converter, then yeah, I probably wouldn't know since I haven't ordered mine yet.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You play on pad Minato?
Nah, I play on stick. I have a PS2 and a 360 stick and an Inpin converter. I can manage on pad but I'd have to relearn combos.
I basically want a 360 converter just so I can have a friend use my PS2 stick if they ever need it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anyone think UMVC3's layout looks worse than MVC3? I hate the hp bars in the new one tbh.

Also, playing this all night Thursday. I finally get to work on Spidey/Ammy/Wesker with my friend again :D. He also helps me do missions, it's so fun being stuck on one with a friend. He was stuck on Iron Man 7 for 30 minutes, an I did 7~9 in 30 minutes last night.

>:D I can't wait to show him.

TL?

Smash Ace
The only problem with the new HUD is that your assist character's hp is too hard to see, which is something they could easily fix. I also prefer having the point character's HP bar on top, 2nd below it, and 3rd below that, but I could get used to the new order pretty quickly.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Any PS3 players that live on the west coast wanna play? I'm tired of getting second lag in player match.

Savon

Smash Ace
I played some really good mvc3 players in my region after not playing for a few months and I am BACKKKK. people gave me mad props for my She-hulk/dorm/ARTHUR team. I was actually legit beating people using mags, wolverine, doom and all of that. I was so proud.
People actually were afraid of my Arthur. The highlight of my night was when somebody tried to snap in my arthur at the very beginning of the fight. That made me feel good.

Also I figured out a way to open people up with Arthur when they activate x factor during my own to negate my chip.

I love this game again

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Niitsuma wasn't lying with the "Nemesis may be too gruesome" thing, he's like Disney PG-rated Nemesis, kinda hampers the feel of the character :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, a bit. They did what they had to though, I imagine.

Also, dem sound effects! HNNNNNNGH, GRRERRRGH, RRUUUUUNNNNNNNR, and the like. It's pretty funny.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I played some really good mvc3 players in my region after not playing for a few months and I am BACKKKK. people gave me mad props for my She-hulk/dorm/ARTHUR team. I was actually legit beating people using mags, wolverine, doom and all of that. I was so proud.
People actually were afraid of my Arthur. The highlight of my night was when somebody tried to snap in my arthur at the very beginning of the fight. That made me feel good.

Also I figured out a way to open people up with Arthur when they activate x factor during my own to negate my chip.

I love this game again

I don't blame them for trying to snap in your Arthur. That ****'s worse than my Dark Phoenix.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh my god.

Nemesis looks sick.

His Rocket/OTG hyper totally combos into HSF too.

I can tell already.

I like the way I called a bunch of his moves too :3

Him with those air rockets and Sentinel force assist is gonna be keep away heaven.

Savon

Smash Ace
Two chars I was super hyped for police up to my personal hype. Swag.......

I think with the x factor changes arthur is gonna be bad though.....I think they might get rid of his blockstun infinites

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Dr. Strange looks pretty cool. Same goes for Nemesis.
Two chars I was super hyped for police up to my personal hype. Swag.......

I think with the x factor changes arthur is gonna be bad though.....I think they might get rid of his blockstun infinites

I forgot, can Arthur keep the opponent in blockstun in level 3 without the gold armor?
http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/04/capcom-fight-club-in-new-york-city-on-august-18th/

So I'm not sure who here will be at this event but I will :D Gonna be in a line all day waiting lol.
Fight Clubs are pretty fun. But yeah, the waiting's not going to be fun.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I loved Dr. Strange trailer. I think he's incredibly versatile. Ghost Rider/Strange/Frank. I think I might try that team once UMVC3 comes out

I hope Nemesis screams, " STTTTTTTTTTTTTTTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZ" when he fights Chris, Jill or Wesker.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not gonna lie, as much as I woulda not had Nemesis in this game, seeing how he plays and the fact they made a brutal M-Rated monster WORK in this game and still be freaky? I'm impressed. The only way that the LVL 3 hyper any more brutal is if the blood was red instead. I don't think that'd push this game to a rated M title anyway. Sure as heck didn't for the original Ocarina of Time. lol

Savon

Smash Ace
Strange plays exactly how I envisioned him to play. I made an old post not too long back about how he vaguely reminded me of magneto in playstyle and it seems true in a lot of ways

Top Bottom