• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ehhhh, I've learned that Wesker and Viper don't really work. I mean they're okay but ehh. I'll prolly stick with Viper/Mags/insert character where Wesker used to be. I'm think about Dante, Tron, or Ammy. Idk yet.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well, I've seen a player in my region using Wesker/Viper/Task.

When he'd finish a combo with Wesker he'd counter DHC to C viper's Otg hyper. He makes that team so creative.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So I take it someone isn't going to buy sfxt. Might as well wait for fablous sfxt, right?
Stop. Now.

It's one thing to comment on the company's business model when it pertains to this game. It's another to demean someone and talk about another release.

I already have a 360, but yeah, I'll be picking up a 360 copy this time.
We can finally have some matches now once that's out.
PS3 players are going to miss you dearly. I've noticed that the game has a lot of framerate slowdown on my 60 GB launch model when there are too many effects on screen and when the camera zooms out before the match starts. Hopefully, they've optimized Ultimate a little bit better.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'll be playing more on PS3 when ultimate comes out, though I guess I could get some games going in the near future.

Currently working on mixups, Spencer is still fun on point, and holy **** you can do assists during Sent's cr.M

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Are you on right now? I can squeeze in about 16 minutes before I have to go to bed.

I don't see what I did but ok. Care to share your problem???
I explained myself. What you posted was slightly off-topic (Street Fighter x Tekken), and deliberately went back on a previous discussion to criticize someone's opinion. That could start another less-than-graceful eruption of anger. In this case, I'd rather kill the animosity before it starts.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
PS3 players are going to miss you dearly. I've noticed that the game has a lot of framerate slowdown on my 60 GB launch model when there are too many effects on screen and when the camera zooms out before the match starts. Hopefully, they've optimized Ultimate a little bit better.
Hopefully I'll have enough spare cash later this year. It was fun playing Marvel with everyone on PS3.
And yeah, the PS3 has some slowdown here and there. The 360 version is fine I hear.

I guess making identical ports is still difficult because of how the PS3 is.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Hopefully I'll have enough spare cash later this year. It was fun playing Marvel with everyone on PS3.
And yeah, the PS3 has some slowdown here and there. The 360 version is fine I hear.

I've never payed much attention to such things. Im surprised Evo supported PS3's then.

In other related news I just won Chicago Heart 3. Ill post up the winners and grand finals when they are up. Go me!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nice work, Brightside.

Also, James Chen made it to top 4 in the Las Vegas MvC3 tourney today. lol
That certainly was unexpected.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

With Marvel, it's because the MT Framework engine simply can't handle all the flashing lights and pretty colours, four characters being on screen at once, etc. It kinda breaks the game a little. Which, if I remember correctly, was one of the reasons Frank West wasn't in the MvC3 the first time. The engine couldn't handle all the zombies and stuff on the screen. If they made it for the 360 and ported it to the PS3, that makes sense. However, I've never noticed any slowdown on my fatty PS3.

It's kinda the same with SF and BB. Those run arcade perfect on PS3, but 1-2 frames faster on 360.

So, who knows?

Also, congrats Brightside! :bee:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I've never payed much attention to such things. Im surprised Evo supported PS3's then.
It's because the PlayStation 3 version doesn't have the exploit where you can block on both sides at the same time.

With Marvel, it's because the MT Framework engine simply can't handle all the flashing lights and pretty colours, four characters being on screen at once, etc. It kinda breaks the game a little. Which, if I remember correctly, was one of the reasons Frank West wasn't in the MvC3 the first time. The engine couldn't handle all the zombies and stuff on the screen. If they made it for the 360 and ported it to the PS3, that makes sense. However, I've never noticed any slowdown on my fatty PS3.

It's kinda the same with SF and BB. Those run arcade perfect on PS3, but 1-2 frames faster on 360.

So, who knows?
They were using the PlayStation 3 version of Ultimate at San Diego Comic Con, and from what I saw, it ran infinitely smoother. Given that they've also added spectator mode and Frank West, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they've done some optimization for the Cell processor framework. In which case, yay! No more framerate loss! It got really annoying when I was playing as X-Factor Dark Phoenix with Healing Field active on Hand Hideout and the game slowed to a crawl.

In other related news I just won Chicago Heart 3. Ill post up the winners and grand finals when they are up. Go me!
Yay! I'd go to more tournaments if the Masssachusetts scene supported the PS3 better. Which is funny, because when I went in May, the number of PS3 players dwarfed the 360 players by a considerable margin.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc63570ENUo

Your fights with Amando are the only ones I could find...

You go can MS to Stalking Fire to MS to Stalking Fire until you run out of meter.

Other than the lol moment @ 4:56 I guess I'm all ears.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4uByskF9NM&feature=related

@2nd match. inb4onlinejohns
hahaha I almost forgot about that set. The experience I got vs his Chris actually helped me a lot at some tourneys.

Just type in MMM MvC3 Brightside and you should find the WF and GF from GGA.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think that Sony helps out Evo which is why they're using PS3s. They help provide consoles and DLC (at least, I think I hear them bring that up last year).
Kinda makes sense since viewers could actually watch Evo through Playstation Home this year.

Actually it's 1-2 frames of lag for the PS3. I think it's because of something weird because of the USB ports.
I do know that the lag varies for each game since there was this one Japanese site showing the ms of lag for various games.
It's because the PlayStation 3 version doesn't have the exploit where you can block on both sides at the same time.

Yay! I'd go to more tournaments if the Masssachusetts scene supported the PS3 better. Which is funny, because when I went in May, the number of PS3 players dwarfed the 360 players by a considerable margin.
Hm, I didn't know that blocking both sides was exclusive to 360. Then again, I never tested it out on the PS3.

And if you have a PS2 controller, you should buy the xtokki 360 converter from Laugh's website. No lag and it's only 20 bucks.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It can happen on the PS3 too.

Just not on the controller.

Hitboxes allow you to block both ways too, on either console.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, i have neither a ps3 nor an xbox 360, and none of the controllers

i do, however, have a ps2 controller

looks like i'm off to a start

Top Bottom