• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
the issue is not the fact that the damage in mvc3 is high, its the fact that its TOO high. The game isn't going to be too hype when one basic bnb combo kills any character who doesn't have health like wesker and day one sent.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's not even that, in my opinion. MvC3 takes fundamentals and magnifies their importance times ten, since when you **** up, you're losing a character, or even your whole team. The high damage is a part of that.

You can't block? Get blown up. Slow reaction time? Get blown up. Bad footsies and spacing? Get blown up. Can't tech throws? You're screwed. Like to mash DP to get out of pressure? Poor you, learn to deal. In addition to fighting game fundamentals, you have to learn Marvel fundamentals as well.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
It's not even that, in my opinion. MvC3 takes fundamentals and magnifies their importance times ten, since when you **** up, there's always a backup option. The high damage is a part of that.

You can't block? Spam beams and supers invincible on startup. Slow reaction time? Mash Hulk and Sentinel super armor. Bad footsies and spacing? Run away. Can't tech throws? Super jump and camp in the air. Like to mash DP to get out of pressure? Teleport behind people and win. In addition to fighting game fundamentals, you have to learn Marvel fundamentals as well.

And above all of this, press four buttons with one character left.
What a wonderful world. :troll:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Thats my point, at least you needed a reset in Marvel 2 to KILL a character. But w.e, if everyones fine with you getting hit one time and losing, OH WAIT you have lvl 3 XF. :D Yayy easy comebacks. :DDD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Devil's advocate here

You can't block? Get blown up. Slow reaction time? Get blown up. Bad footsies and spacing? Get blown up. Can't tech throws? You're screwed. Like to mash DP to get out of pressure? Poor you, learn to deal.
Learn to deal? How?

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
It's not even that, in my opinion. MvC3 takes fundamentals and magnifies their importance times ten, since when you **** up, you're losing a character, or even your whole team. The high damage is a part of that.

You can't block? Get blown up. Slow reaction time? Get blown up. Bad footsies and spacing? Get blown up. Can't tech throws? You're screwed. Like to mash DP to get out of pressure? Poor you, learn to deal. In addition to fighting game fundamentals, you have to learn Marvel fundamentals as well.
THIS!
this is my exact problem with the game. as soon as you get hit you lose at least one character unless your opponent drops a combo
which I think is really dumb because most players can't go through a match without getting hit at least once.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Learn to deal? How?
How? By letting them kill off two characters and then X Factor. :)

Kidding aside, I've learned how not to get blown up by level 3 XF (unless it's a Phoenix) now.
So a reverse OCV happens a lot less. Still happens every now and then though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Learn to deal? How?
Learn how to deal with pressure. Learn your fundamentals of a fighting game, that's all it comes down to. It's an unforgiving game. Don't like it? Then don't play it.

THIS!
this is my exact problem with the game. as soon as you get hit you lose at least one character unless your opponent drops a combo
which I think is really dumb because most players can't go through a match without getting hit at least once.
See above.

Thats my point, at least you needed a reset in Marvel 2 to KILL a character. But w.e, if everyones fine with you getting hit one time and losing, OH WAIT you have lvl 3 XF. :D Yayy easy comebacks. :DDD
X-Factor is a silly comeback mechanic, but it's kinda needed to counter the slippery slope of losing your assists, considering how it's almost impossible to make a 3v1 comeback without it. And yeah, some people say you shouldn't have let it come to that, but that's silly talk. When one hit leads to death, and the character coming in has to face and successfully block two or three 50/50 mixups in a row, which also lead to death before he can do anything... well then, it's pretty easy for XF comebacks to not even be a part of an equation in a match.

I still kinda hate XF, but I realized it was necessary to make the game slightly less unforgiving for the less hardcore players. If MvC3 had no XF, it would be the most ruthless fighting game out there (and I would probably like it more).

And there's lots of Marvel fans that like MvC2 more. The same way GG vets prefer their game over BB, or SF2 over SF4. Being different and being not as good as its predecessor doesn't automatically make it bad. MvC3 has its share of problems like any other fighting game out there.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That is what he says. It's some reference to the Skrull god.
He says. "He loves me, Inferno"

It was a something they referenced to the comic, when a skrull was about to kill someone they'd say God loves you. Or something along those lines
lolwut?

I just thought I was hearing it wrong, lol.

Gauntlet Hades = Guard my babies

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
He says. "He loves me, Inferno"
I KNEW IT!
I TELL EVERYONE THAT MAN!
THEY DON'T BELIEVE ME!!!
AHHH!

Atleast I know the origin of WHY he says that now though.

Also if franks in this I wanna see some OH MY GOSH, SAY CHEESE, and REAAAAAL MEGA BUSTEEEEEEEEER's. C:
Weird how everyone was going totally bat**** insane for the dood in TvC days, but now its all about phoenix. Seriously, I wanna see em bust out the Phoenix wright gameplay vid!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I agree with Twist. Plus everyone here that follows Marvel pretty much knew they were going to release a new version way back, so it's dumb for people to feel shocked and cheated over this at this point.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah

it seems that everywhere i go, no matter what, everyone is complaining. the age of instant gratification is turning the masses into irritated consumers. ah well, people more forward anyway. and businesses be makin bank.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
This business model of theirs will backfire eventually. It's only a matter of time. Until then, we're going to have to put up with it.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I agree with Twist. Plus everyone here that follows Marvel pretty much knew they were going to release a new version way back, so it's dumb for people to feel shocked and cheated over this at this point.

Yet most of us still paid $50+ for vanilla mvc3...

Hell, why did you bother making a thread about the game if "oh they're gonna re-release it".

@ET. Cry more.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't see what's wrong in paying for more content. Sure it's a bit soon, but at least it's not 60 dollars.
I guess people are angry that they could've just passed on Vanilla and waited for Ultimate.
I think its gonna backfire on AE 2012. That **** better be free cause I ain't buying it. **** that.

:phone:
It's free.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm about to get on PSN for Marvel 2. So whoever wants to play me, feel free.
Also, I kinda forgot how crappy the XBL/PSN ports for Marvel 2 were.

TL?

Smash Ace
I kind of agree about capcom's business model backfiring. Ultimate/Super versions are really good deals if you never bought the originals. People keep saying boycott umvc3 which doesn't make sense to me. Umvc3 is the full game. If anything, it would be smarter to avoid capcom's unfinished initial releases.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hell, why did you bother making a thread about the game if "oh they're gonna re-release it".

@ET. Cry more.
You've officially passed being reasonably upset to being a little *****.

Ultimate MvC3 is the full game until AE is announced with Megaman and Venom.
AE is a good thing, this is where the game should have been to begin with.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yet most of us still paid $50+ for vanilla mvc3...
Heavens forbid we pay for actual content. Go get a job or something. 40 dollars isn't much and 40 dollars is pretty much what DLC would've costed anyways in the long run. If you do have a job but hate how companies try to nickle and dime people, then go find a cheaper hobby. Or maybe find someone who will pay you by the hour on how much you keep on *****ing.
First of all, I wasn't the creator of this thread. Second of all, I took control of this thread since I like the series and wanted to make everything organized in the first post for newcomers who had questions.

And why the **** not should someone make a thread about a game, even if it's going to be a re-released?
By your mentality I should be thinking "Oh crap, Ultimate is coming out and my thread is useless. I should've waited for Ultimate and then make a thread. Screw you Capcom." or something like that.

I'm done with this discussion anyways and I'm putting you back on my ignore list.
All you do is whine and contribute nothing to the thread. It's depressing that people like you aren't banned and people like Gates are.
I kind of agree about capcom's business model backfiring. Ultimate/Super versions are really good deals if you never bought the originals. People keep saying boycott umvc3 which doesn't make sense to me. Umvc3 is the full game. If anything, it would be smarter to avoid capcom's unfinished initial releases.
Game companies will always have ideas they won't be able to fit in due to a tight schedule, that's just how things are. Practically every fighter is unfinished since there are plenty of things they want to add and fine tune.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have never seen Minato mad. Lol

:phone:
This is what happens when mods won't let us talk about Aquapazza. lol
Kidding of course. I don't play that.
But yeah, I'll only get mad at people who deserve it and keep persisting.

On topic, I'm actually interested in making a weird team. Rushdown is my best strength but that gets stale on friendlies. I actually want to pick up Modok and maybe pair him up with Phoenix Wright if that works out.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This is what happens when mods won't let us talk about Aquapazza. lol
Kidding of course. I don't play that.
But yeah, I'll only get mad at people who deserve it and keep persisting.

On topic, I'm actually interested in making a weird team. Rushdown is my best strength but that gets stale on friendlies. I actually want to pick up Modok and maybe pair him up with Phoenix Wright if that works out.
Yeah man, I understand. Remember when I said I knew who you hated? I was def talking about him lol.

Anywayyyyys I need a new Viper team, since she's the only character I enjoy.

Top Bottom