• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
would anyone care to play me in this, i usually only play doromac from AiB but i'm bored of fighting the same person

anyone?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i play on xbox but i'm going to wait for my new arcade stick

the one i use sucks so much, the b and x buttons don't work all the time and reading the diagonals is like an art project for the thing

i should get it within the next few days, monday the latest

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, i'm a stick player but i have the real ****ty tekken 6 stick i got off of ebay for $40

if it works, it's fine, but at this point it's not guaranteed cause of previous abuse, so i'm just going to get rid of it

i managed to get a SFIV one off of ebay for $61, and those are much easier to fix and more reliable from the get go, so i'll see how that works out

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
yea, i'm a stick player but i have the real ****ty tekken 6 stick i got off of ebay for $40

if it works, it's fine, but at this point it's not guaranteed cause of previous abuse, so i'm just going to get rid of it

i managed to get a SFIV one off of ebay for $61, and those are much easier to fix and more reliable from the get go, so i'll see how that works out
I have the tekken, sf4 and BBCS TE one. All I can say is if you can invest in a TE it'll be good for you

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Decided to view the Strider thread earlier today on SRK. Some people on SRK are in favor of going to Unity and creating a petition to raise Strider's health lol. People should learn to just wait it out and deal with the low health.
Why are they petitioning that?

Why don't they petition a ****ing universal damage nerf. The ****ing damage in this game is retardedddddd. I swear, I might not even buy this **** considering they aren't fixing a damn thing, if anything they're making it worse. lol Air X factor and a health nerf to most characters (which basically means the same as making the damage higher).

And yes, before anyone says it, I'm ****ing salty.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Has any seen C.Viper's new move? I heard that its a beam?
No, but that has me interested. [mains c.viper]
Anyone have any info on this?

And lol, I doubt they'll raise Striders health from what I've seen. His mixups make him look like MvC3beta Wolverine on steroids. With a projectile game.

They should petition to remove his sliding properties after dashing though imo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
viper is such a godlike character lol

i watched marlinpie vs kbeast

ughhhh son

i also live in norcal where it is very easy to find chrisis wherever the scene is located. ahhh i wanna be more active in the marvel scene

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Justin Wong had the best commentary on that match. I especially liked when he talked about his totally straight relationship with Daigo.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Justin wong: "and strider is out, there goes the game" *doom comeback*

I've been playing TVC, I can't remember how much i've missed that game

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
what I don't understand is, why did MVC2 suddenly become obsolete the moment mvc3 came out as if the two are the same game?
didn't it take at least a whole year before 3rd strike was taken out of EVO when SF4 came out?
MVC2 is a great game with a good rep, I don't see how a game that was so popular got abandoned the way it did when most of the top mvc2 players said they weren't convinced that mvc3 would be good yet once the game came out no one stuck to mvc2

Minato

穏やかじゃない
what I don't understand is, why did MVC2 suddenly become obsolete the moment mvc3 came out as if the two are the same game?
didn't it take at least a whole year before 3rd strike was taken out of EVO when SF4 came out?
MVC2 is a great game with a good rep, I don't see how a game that was so popular got abandoned the way it did when most of the top mvc2 players said they weren't convinced that mvc3 would be good yet once the game came out no one stuck to mvc2
This year was different since Evo wanted all the main event games to be games that were new and in HD.
I could be wrong, but 3rd Strike wasn't originally in the main line up year and was in the poll on which game to vote in (Melty won it, but they did 2v2 3rd Strike anyways also). As for the years before it, 3rd Strike was still only on since we didn't have a flood of new fighters coming in yet at that time.

The FG community usually tries to move on and play newer titles while putting older ones as side tourneys.
As much as I like the older games, it's kinda nice to see players try to adapt to the newer titles and support them.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Most of the Marvel 2 players are playing Marvel 3 to support the scene, most of them have the same complaints as me but they still play it just because it's Marvel and they don't want to, I can't think of the word, they just want to support it, bad game or not.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Most of the Marvel 2 players are playing Marvel 3 to support the scene, most of them have the same complaints as me but they still play it just because it's Marvel and they don't want to, I can't think of the word, they just want to support it, bad game or not.
I figured this was the case but I don't even hear about mvc2 side tournaments.

TvC was alive?
this. not only was the game not on a good system for fighting games, its also really similar to mvc3's playstyle so a lot of people moved on
especially marn seeing as though the character he played that matters was put into mvc3 almost exactly the same lol.

Savon

Smash Ace
I am new to the marvel series to be honest, but if a newer game comes out that is more accessible why would people not play it? I personally just do not have fun playing mvc2. It is hard to get into a scene of a game that has been around for years when you can just get into the newer game with a growing scene with fellow newbies just like you instead of 10 year mvc2 vets.

:phone:

Top Bottom