• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
73 missions to go, but I'm moving a lot slower now that I've given up analog. I know D-pad will be more helpful in the long run, but ugh it's hard right now.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It's a fighting game.

More people are going to go for the stronger characters rather than the weaker characters. Pros and new people alike are going to use the better ones, complaining about it or saying only bad people play as them is pretty...Ignorant might be the best word.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
73 missions to go, but I'm moving a lot slower now that I've given up analog. I know D-pad will be more helpful in the long run, but ugh it's hard right now.
I'm assuming you're going for the platinum.

After you get it just sell the game unless you still have time for our friendlies this week.

EDIT: C'mon guests. Become a member of Smashboards. We don't bite...much. :laugh:

cutter

Smash Champion
Random thought, but is MODOK's s.M now the only attack that can beat Hulk's buffed s.H head-on? Morrigan's j.S might still be able to beat it, but its multihits are kinda slow... and it's also still part of Morrigan's hitbox, whereas MODOK's s.M is a projectile attack independent of MODOK's body. Maybe MODOK's j.L can still beat it too; the baby kicks hit stupid fast.

I'm also looking forward to this new buff of MODOK's... if I'm reading it right, it means that he can now airdash cancel his attacks :troll:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, what are the easier missions in MVC3? I'm trying to get the 320 without killing msyelf.

Spiderman isn't too bad since I play him a lot.
Sentinel
Hulk
Hsien ko

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Magnetos are easy.

Ryu's are too.

Akuma, Spencer, Wolverine, Storm, Dante, X-23.

All easy.
Yeah, I'm stuck at 9 on Wolverine, 8 on Ryu.

As for Spencer, Storm, Dante, X-23, I dunno.

Morrigans don't look bad, but idk.

Amateratsu is impossible. i can't seem to do weapon change in a combo.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
After years of Wolvie being ****ty in every game I've played as him, I couldn't give less of a **** about how ridiculous he is in MvC3.

I sympathize...sure...but srsly...no ****s given.

Now if only VJoe could refrain from sucking so hard in all of his games.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
He was top tier in MSHvSF and MvC also (and Children of the Atom too?). MvC2 was like the only game where Wolvie was bad.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Not talking about those games.

The only other VS game I had ever played prior to MvC3 was MvC2.

I was talking more along the lines of X-men legends, Ultimate Alliance and Rise of the Imperfects, lol.

No excuse for ignorance tho, I suppose. I didn't know he was top in all of those other vs games.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, Minato. He was tops in xmvsf, cota, and MSH also. He was plain ******** in MSHvsSF. He was really good in MvC but only tops with Strider.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Rise of the Imperfects was so unbalanced you can't even compare that game, X men Legends? Really? He was the best in Legends. If a Cpu controllered him I promise you he will never die once his healing factor is maxed out. Wolverine ALWAYS Lived on my team.

and My team was

Wolverine, Cyclops/Storm, NightCrawler, Jean/Iceman

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow x-men legends LOL. that game was broken. i figured out the best team for mass killing and damage, it was

jean (sp absorption + whatever specials she wants to use), psylocke bolts (best damage in the game), and any other characters that you want to use for AoE damage. storm was good at it, and just add cyclops there for the extra leadership combo exp. you could take out cyclops once all your characters were maxed out on exp

the final danger room challenge became easy as heck

basically jean's sp absorption skill broke the game lol. same as x-men legends 2, except scarlet witch could do it too.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wolverine was pretty good in Ultimate Alliance. Not as good as, like, Mr. Fantastic, Deadpool, Iron Man, etc. but still pretty good. Not that it really matters in a SINGLE-PLAYER GAME.

Rise of the Imperfects doesn't count because that game was ***.

Also, did you play the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game? It was really good.

I really hope Hulk doesn't have 3 hits of armor on his standing H like they say. That would be pretty ****ing silly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha hey now, ultimate alliance was made to be a co-op beat em up game. (both UA and UA2 are trash compared to the two x men legends games haha. easyyyyy! and short)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
umm, the X-Men Legends games were also designed to be co-op, especially XMLII.

I didn't like Ultimate Alliance at first because I thought it was kinda stupid that you couldn't control your stats as you leveled up, but looking back on the X-Men Legends games it was pretty broken how you could level everyone's Strike up so that all the enemies would die in one hit. From a design perspective, it makes sense to kind of restrict this aspect of the game. And besides, you can switch around costumes to upgrade different attributes, so that's kind of nice. The quick-time events they had in the game also seemed to kind of be shoehorned in. It was still a good game overall though.

UA2 sucked though, but everyone knew the game was going to be crap once word got out that it was going to follow the story of Civil War. The Deadpool boss fight was fun though.

So Virgil can summon swords huh? I'm listening.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm excited for Vergil just because of the swords plus him playing like Dante.

I actually like Dante now.

I hope he works well with Strider.

cutter

Smash Champion
Apparently with Dante now you just double tap the button if you want the "style change" version of the move to come out instead of doing double motions.

So instead of QCF + L then QCF + L for the Hammer, you just do QCF + L then L again.

It looked like it applied for his other moves since I saw people on some UMvC3 vids trying to mash Hysteric but instead they were getting the "Get over here!" grapple.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
His games? Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 are great in my opinion. Not sure about Red Hot Trouble though.
Pretty sure he means fighting games

Apparently with Dante now you just double tap the button if you want the "style change" version of the move to come out instead of doing double motions.

So instead of QCF + L then QCF + L for the Hammer, you just do QCF + L then L again.

It looked like it applied for his other moves since I saw people on some UMvC3 vids trying to mash Hysteric but instead they were getting the "Get over here!" grapple.
Yay let's make Dante more accessible :troll:

I haven't seen AngryJoe mentioned this much since the Geoff Keighley incident, and after that I thought he lost all credibility. Then again TGWTG is a cult of personality so they'll never truly leave anytime soon....

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I can't find anything wrong with AngryJoe's complaints.

I'm not really interested in UMvC3, Phoenix Wright and maybe Strider plus some balance changes isn't worth a new game yet imo. I would have been happier with DLC.

I still kind of want to see where it goes though. I really don't mind new editions for fighting games, but UMvC3 doesn't seem like it's doing anything that needs a new disc.

Well no matter, just some oppinions. :/

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
wow x-men legends LOL. that game was broken. i figured out the best team for mass killing and damage, it was

jean (sp absorption + whatever specials she wants to use), psylocke bolts (best damage in the game), and any other characters that you want to use for AoE damage. storm was good at it, and just add cyclops there for the extra leadership combo exp. you could take out cyclops once all your characters were maxed out on exp

the final danger room challenge became easy as heck

basically jean's sp absorption skill broke the game lol. same as x-men legends 2, except scarlet witch could do it too.
That Leadership bonus is SMEXY. Oh did this happen to you guys if you go to that one New york mission with the sent's and you save Kid Bishop with Nightcrawler you'll fall through the stage and die, all the time.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You guys are making me want to take out the PS2 now lol. I never even finished the first one, I think I saved after I broke a path or something in a level and I couldn't advance.

Could you imagine team bonuses in UMvC 3? Ugh, I can see it now, putting Wolverine and Akuma together upgrades them to Vanilla status :awesome:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah PTZR. that happened to me before, my gambit would die sometimes too. the game had madddd glitches hahahahaha.

Savon

Smash Ace
It does not do chip, and to be honest all it seems to do is lock the opponent down for a mixup, but that seems pretty sucky for a level 3. Why not just use his other level 3 that seems to be actually useful?

Talking about ouroboros obviously. Debating with gamefaqs people about it. They talk about it opening up for combos.
Assists help open combos just as much though. It seems like a level 3 for a mixup is just too much when you look at he assists that help open up combos in mvc3. Also the jump from being a level 1 to a level 3 is huge. Most level threes might only do 400k damage but don't forget that you can combo Into them for massive damage without scaling.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Decided to view the Strider thread earlier today on SRK. Some people on SRK are in favor of going to Unity and creating a petition to raise Strider's health lol. People should learn to just wait it out and deal with the low health.
It does not do chip, and to be honest all it seems to do is lock the opponent down for a mixup, but that seems pretty sucky for a level 3. Why not just use his other level 3 that seems to be actually useful?

Talking about ouroboros obviously. Debating with gamefaqs people about it. They talk about it opening up for combos.
Assists help open combos just as much though. It seems like a level 3 for a mixup is just too much when you look at he assists that help open up combos in mvc3. Also the jump from being a level 1 to a level 3 is huge. Most level threes might only do 400k damage but don't forget that you can combo Into them for massive damage without scaling.

Yeah, I agree. I'd rather just do a hit confirm and end it with Ragnarok instead since that does a crap ton of damage. The only reason I'd use Ouroboros is if I had no assists to get in and I still had X-Factor. That's how things are looking anyway.

Top Bottom