• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Minato I want to say this. I know you said DHC to DT. It's funny cause Wesker with No x Factor can still combo in slow. Like it's so stupid. He'll probably be at X factor 1 speed if you Slow him down at X factor 3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato I want to say this. I know you said DHC to DT. It's funny cause Wesker with No x Factor can still combo in slow. Like it's so stupid. He'll probably be at X factor 1 speed if you Slow him down at X factor 3
The slow is there just to buy time and to easily lock him down/mix him up with Dante...
With Wesker, it's hard for him to even catch a runaway Dante anyways.

Edit: Well, of course he can catch him. But it can be difficult if a Dante is doing it right.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
c. M also has a hitbox that dominates moves like Dive Kick. Alright.

Now let's flip the scenario. I have a health lead and I'm running from your solo lv.3 Spiderman.

inb4teleportsheninigans

EDIT: Super jump > Samurai Edge > Teleport M > Samurai Edge > Teleport H

Rinse and repeat until you decide to get at me.
Then I lose. Why would I even let myself be put in a scenario where I would be using lv.3 spidey? He's horrible with X-factor.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
This is literally just you. Keep in mind the 10s of people who lead with phoenix dont make up for the thousands who anchor Dark Phoenix. And until lvl 3 X Factor Dark Phoenix isnt the most lolbroke thing in the game why would they ever buff normal phoenix?
Seen this recently?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Considering you have so much trouble against X-factor lvl 3 chars I doubt your ability to pressure and actually land a hit is very good either.
Considering I cannot find where you got the idea that I have trouble with lvl.3 X-factor (except D. Pheonix) I doubt...

...seriously Bright, I never actually said that. :urg:

@L, I'm not buying it at launch.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There once was a stupid post.
Someone thought he mattered the most.
It killed the thread dead,
So here comes the red!

Get the **** back on-topic.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So time to get back on topic.

Viper got a blast rather optic.

Will this buff

Even be enough?

Who the hell plays zoning with Viper anyway?!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Man, Capcom-Unity's poll is pretty much the exact same thing as last time. Seriously, Capcom went to Marvel for Venom, Cyclops, Gambit, and Psylocke already, some of them even more than once, Marvel said no each time. Just let it go. Also, THREE symbiotes in the top ten? wtf

EDIT: btw a link from gaf had someone on gfaqs (lol) tally up the votes so far, but I decided to stumble through the actual thread

[COLLAPSE=""]
araceli said:
Here is my list of characters for UMVC3.

Captain Commando

Cable

Cyclops

Omega Red

Mega Man

Venom

BlackHeart

Roll

Jin

Gambit

WarMachine

MegaMan x

Ken

Dan

Sean

Alex

M.Bison

Gill

Jill Valentine

Cammy

Charlie

Sabretooth

Juggernaut

Magneto

Zangief

Hugo

Yun

Yang

Sakura

Shuma-Gorath

Iceman

Hayato

Thanos

Sliver Samurari

Colossus

SonSon

Guile

B.B. Hood

Amingo

Dhalsim

Spiral

Psylocke

Marrow

Rogue

Anakaris

Cyber Akuma
Watashi Wa ANON Desu (DAN-004) said:
Hey, you can only vote 3 character from each company...
araceli said:
why is there a limit for a videogame?
Watashi Wa ANON Desu (DAN-004) said:
Hey, this is a poll thread. If you want to request many characters, this isn't the place. Read the rules in the first post.

If you still don't understand I don't know how to explain it to you...
araceli said:
Only 3 what 3 that's stupid im shock at this Capcom.
-----
This is Madness.
-----
Here is my list of characters for UMVC3.

Captain Commando

Cable

Cyclops

Omega Red

Mega Man

Venom

BlackHeart

Roll

Jin

Gambit

WarMachine

MegaMan x

Ken

Dan

Sean

Alex

M.Bison

Gill

Jill Valentine

Cammy

Charlie

Sabretooth

Juggernaut

Magneto

Zangief

Hugo

Yun

Yang

Sakura

Shuma-Gorath

Iceman

Hayato

Thanos

Sliver Samurari

Colossus

SonSon

Guile

B.B. Hood

Amingo

Dhalsim

Spiral

Psylocke

Marrow

Rogue

Anakaris

Cyber Akuma
[/COLLAPSE]

WHY DOES THIS SITE EXIST

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
In fairness that website is pretty bad.

I went there once just after Sent was patched.

The ignorance/idiocy displayed by some of the users was startling.

So I never went back.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I just went into their actual main MvC 3 board. I kind of want to make a profile just to call some people out on their obvious ****, but I also don't want to waste the time lol

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Seen this recently?
lmao really? you're going to use that as evidence? Like, first off, iirc he's literally the only one he went lead phoenix in the entire tournament. Second that entire strat hinged on his opponent being pants on head ********. Literally, it's not hard to NOT throw out an attack+assist at the beginning of every match when your opponent is throwing out random super.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
lmao really? you're going to use that as evidence? Like, first off, iirc he's literally the only one he went lead phoenix in the entire tournament. Second that entire strat hinged on his opponent being pants on head ********. Literally, it's not hard to NOT throw out an attack+assist at the beginning of every match when your opponent is throwing out random super.
You should've seen another match of his. I think the player really hates using Dark Phoenix.
I've seen him throw out random supers when he had 4.5 meters twice in one round. lol

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
According to that ScrewAttack interview with S-Kill, Rocket Raccoon was not only Marvel's idea, but they were "confident" in that choice.

Deal with it haters.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
lmao really? you're going to use that as evidence? Like, first off, iirc he's literally the only one he went lead phoenix in the entire tournament.
Point being that people who play Phoenix on point do go to nationals and are more common than "only ten in the world."

Second that entire strat hinged on his opponent being pants on head ********. Literally, it's not hard to NOT throw out an attack+assist at the beginning of every match when your opponent is throwing out random super.
wow LOL @ deathwish's phoenix strat
Watch round three. He doesn't immediately use Phoenix Rage at the start of the match every time.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
You should've seen another match of his. I think the player really hates using Dark Phoenix.
I've seen him throw out random supers when he had 4.5 meters twice in one round. lol
that was my thought also
when he was losing he could've switched strategies so that he could use dark phoenix since he had the time, meter, and other characters for it but he just kept throwing out random supers with phoenix
I think he could've made top 8 if he adapted instead of sticking to one strategy the whole time.

also wtf@ all this theorycraft arguing, just MM already.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Point being that people who play Phoenix on point do go to nationals and are more common than "only ten in the world."
Yeah, an 8 year old kid who spams Hulk H also goes to nationals, and just like deathwish, managed to win because he tagged a lot of assists. None of this however takes away from my original point though that PHOENIX DOES NOT NEED A BUFF. Again, you are in the super minority, deathwish was literally the ONLY on point Phoenix player at evo, and one of the only ones I've ever seen in tournament unless you count J.Wong getting that yellow card. Dark Phoenix is extremely overpowered, she deserves the nerfs she gets. Capcom made the right choices in nerfing her and other characters that definitely needed some kind of nerfs, like Wolvie and Wesker(and then also threw in Tron nerfs cus **** tron)

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
You shouldn't buy it at launch.

EDIT: I lost twice to a guy sandbagging with my Hulk/Pheonix/Wesker team. I consider it sandbagging since I kept using meter.

He teabags then leaves.

I simply switch to Wesker on point and meet him again to destroy him twice.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Yeah, an 8 year old kid who spams Hulk H also goes to nationals, and just like deathwish, managed to win because he tagged a lot of assists. None of this however takes away from my original point though that PHOENIX DOES NOT NEED A BUFF. Again, you are in the super minority, deathwish was literally the ONLY on point Phoenix player at evo, and one of the only ones I've ever seen in tournament unless you count J.Wong getting that yellow card. Dark Phoenix is extremely overpowered, she deserves the nerfs she gets. Capcom made the right choices in nerfing her and other characters that definitely needed some kind of nerfs, like Wolvie and Wesker(and then also threw in Tron nerfs cus **** tron)
but the point is that DARK phoenix should get nerfs but NORMAL phoenix shouldn't
your point is aimed at dark phoenix because thats normally what you encounter in phoenix teams mainly because normal phoenix may be a good character but she's nowhere near OP in my opinion, if dark phoenix didn't exist normal phoenix would be extremely low tier like people thought she would be at first.
I personally like phoenix as a character and would rather they just nerf dark phoenix to a point where she's not that big of a threat and maybe give normal phoenix a bit of a health buff or something like that so she can actually stand a chance against the higher tier characters.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Regular Phoenix, as she is now, is still a good character, and doesn't need any buffs, regardless.

If they took DP away, and gave her higher health, she would still be good.

Top Bottom