• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im pretty sure tron's H can still be combo'd into drill? haha. not sure but at least it's still a combo. just gnona have a lot more hit stun deterioration

also she can still approach with air L, M, and C. just cuz H leads into easy combos doesn't mean the other air moves don't too. H was just the one that was used to crossup, and i'm sure it still can.

also, she still has a great approach that still NOBODY uses. (i tried utilizing it myself but it's still kinda hard to execute.) and that's tiger knee DRILL, which is safe on block.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
also, she still has a great approach that still NOBODY uses. (i tried utilizing it myself but it's still kinda hard to execute.) and that's tiger knee DRILL, which is safe on block.
Only problem is there's no mixup potential since I think air drills are still blockable when crouching. (I could be wrong)
And is it possible to punish air/ground drills during pushblock? I always wondered that.

And I remember back in MvC2 when Tron was punishable by Cable with drill on hit. :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL viper's optic blast

that just looks funny

and regardless of whether or not tron has mixup potential, tiger knee drill is still a reliable full screen way to get in quickly. i think overall her mixup potential is pretty weak already, but at least she can go for a low attack or a command grab after the drill

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
They hit Dorm with some dumb nerfs in UMvC3. It's bull****. Flame Carpet goes away when he's hit and Chaotic Flame's start-up is actually slower.

On the upside, I guess he can store spell charges in the air now (he can't do anything else in the air after her does it, though) and the rest of his projectiles' recovery frames (Dark Hole, Purification) have been quickened. Not quite Ryu-level recovery (he can't spam the ****), but definitely better than it was in Vanilla MvC3.

*sighs.*

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not to mention Air x factor takes away Dorms free Chip damage from stalking fires
Derp.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

****ing Capcom. Ah, well. I'll be sticking with him anyway. I don't think he's been completely nerfed to the ground with these changes.

Ghost Rider/Dorm/Deadpool is my "Fantasy Team" atm. If Ghost Rider's zoning game is going to be as good as I'm thinking it is, he's going to work well with Dorm and Deadpool.

Team Two Flaming Heads in a 'Pool.

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Ghost Rider has Dante-Cap Health and has I think Spencer damage Output. He's probably gonna be like no DJ can only Jump or S. jump. I think he'll have some good dhc things.

X factor Penance Stare

Savon

Smash Ace
Crap. Gotta figure out what imma do with Dormammu with nerfs like that. Ghost Rider gonna be fun. Eff air x-factor

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
and regardless of whether or not tron has mixup potential, tiger knee drill is still a reliable full screen way to get in quickly. i think overall her mixup potential is pretty weak already, but at least she can go for a low attack or a command grab after the drill
Yeah, drill does help her get in fast. A low or command grab afterwards is unlikely due to push block though.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
stop complaining about dormammu, he didn't get nerfed that bad

just use him on point and deal 750k with him, no big deal

GreenAce

Smash Ace
A **** load of people from sfl went to evo. So when they came back I heard a LOT of changes.

Wesker still good, striders broken, Dormammu is amazing get that **** out of here.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Was thinking to myself earlier, there is something I haven't considered in all of my support for Brood Ryu (Breath of Fire). He never speaks and has never spoken. That is an issue as characters talk in the Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 series. So it got me thinking, "well what would he say and what would his demeanor be"? After thinking about it I could see his demeanor as being an innocent/laid back kind of guy, this after modeling him upon his BoF3 incarnation. You guys can see them for yourselves, this is all I've come up with at the moment.

Brood Ryu general opening: Have you come to slay a dragon too?
Brood Ryu to Zero: Must be one of Momo's creations...
Brood Ryu to Arthur: So, what land do you come from?
Arthur to Brood Ryu: That boy has dragons blood?! What devilry is this?

Ryu winning: Nothing personal, it's just I'm the last of my kind.
After win quote: That's what happens when you mess with a dragon, you get burned.

It is difficult for you guys to interpret the quotes as I hear them, but hopefully by keeping the demeanor in mind you come close.

Top Bottom