• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sentinel needs to be able to fire lasers in the air.

So he can then S.H>CR.H>kara cancel flight>air laser>whatever

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
*insert arbitrary balance suggestion that REALLY won't fix anything about the game in the long run*

:phone:
X-Factor 3 is the only thing that needs fixing in MvC3. It's ********, it's why people somehow equate "Dark Phoenix" with "most broken anything ever" ignoring the fact that without X-Factor 3 she's significantly more manageable. Still probably top 3 in the game, but not "I CANT CONTROL IT->Win"

Hell, you could remove Phoenix from the game completely, wouldnt change the fact that you could just throw out X/X/Wesker or X/X/Wolverine and have basically the same results, "x-factor 3->win"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahahaha man sooooooooooo bad.

kudos to him for making it so far.

ppl should know now after seeing his videos though.

just block and let him normal throw to no follow up, or block his random supers!

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
hahahaha man sooooooooooo bad.

kudos to him for making it so far.

ppl should know now after seeing his videos though.

just block and let him normal throw to no follow up, or block his random supers!
He actually punishes though, he caught a lot of assists and Gamma crush (whatever the **** it's called) to punish as well

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah that's fine. but to beat hulk you have to discipline yourself to not press buttons. people pressed MAD buttons. i noticed the only thing he did against blocking was either a super, a normal throw with no follow up, or jump S.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Good point.

I think if he learned to play Hulk more solidly, he could definitely be better. He also needs to learn to play Wesker outside of level 3 X-factor high damage form.

I'm sure he'll be glad to know Hulk getting more super armor, haha.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Mah people should've just stuck to laming it out vs him. Either way they where in a bad situation, 1 the beat up an 8 year old, 2. they lost to an 8 year old.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mah people should've just stuck to laming it out vs him. Either way they where in a bad situation, 1 the beat up an 8 year old, 2. they lost to an 8 year old.
Sandbagging shows a lack of respect anyways.

**** the crowd too...they were booing at running out X-factor? Are you dense??

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
If it where me, I'd bust out the Chris and just be on the other side of the screen during the whole match.

Edit they would've boo'd me regardless.

Cause I picked Phoenix. Chris/Dante/Phoenix Instant Booing already

Minato

穏やかじゃない
**** the crowd too...they were booing at running out X-factor? Are you dense??

All the crowd was doing was backing up Noah. They didn't boo because they thought it was a bad decision.
They did it to back up the kid and lower the guy's confidence.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
All the crowd was doing was backing up Noah. They didn't boo because they thought it was a bad decision.
They did it to back up the kid and lower the guy's confidence.
No offense, but I'm frowning upon this.

First of all this was a great example of how people inevitability express their bias at tournaments. It's bad sportmanship, and it isn't needed to this magnitude.

Second, Noah didn't need such support. From what I recall he took his wins and losses better than a lot of older people there (get at me Kelly, I'll try to pretend those matches didn't happen). He showed some independence despite his age.

Speaking of his age, that's the main reason behind this nonsense and I can't comprehend it really. As a competitor in the tournament (I didn't know this game was rated E) he should've been treated like everyone else w/ no special treatment.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
???!?

why WOULDN'T you show support for the kid? that was inspiring stuff

i woulda been cheering him on. lol.

bias? theres always gonna be bias, just like there's always gonna be trash talk.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Guys, off topic but can you send me names(or amazon links) for a good stick? This game looks easier on it but idk.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm pretty excited to try out x-23/hsien-ko/morrigan

i wonder what astral vision + gold pendulum looks like. HEHE

Pikaville

I'm kinda bored right now so I'm going to have a stab at what I think Nemesis' moveset will be like.

Nemesis will have an extendable arm attack that has huge range.

It will also be one of his assists.

Then I'm guessing he will be able to use rockets straight across the screen and also diagonally into the air.

He might even be able to use rockets in midair too, both straight and diagonal, this time towards the ground obviously.

One of these will also be one of his assists.

Rockets will OTG too I imagine.

I'm guessing a spit poison onto the ground move too.

Also guessing he will have a powerup super that regenerates his health at the cost of his offense or defense.

I think he may also have a Super Skrull like grab with extendo arms.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No offense, but I'm frowning upon this.

First of all this was a great example of how people inevitability express their bias at tournaments. It's bad sportmanship, and it isn't needed to this magnitude.
*Raises eyebrow* Ever been to a sporting event, or hell, almost any other competitive event? Everyone's cheering for someone or some team. I've never seen a stadium cheer "yeah everyone! Do your best! Have fun everyone! Rah rah rah!"

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
*Raises eyebrow* Ever been to a sporting event, or hell, almost any other competitive event? Everyone's cheering for someone or some team. I've never seen a stadium cheer "yeah everyone! Do your best! Have fun everyone! Rah rah rah!"
I was never referring to the cheering, so I apologize if that's how your interpreting this.

I'm talking about the booing. It just wasn't needed. Noah being the youngest one there doesn't justify it imho.

We're beating on a dead horse, so I'm going back to discussing character buffs and nerfs.

I really wish Spidey got a new move. -_-

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Was talking to my friend earlier yesterday after coming back from Evo. He played Ultimate and had a lot of time with it considering it was winner stays on. Seems like Dante got changed a lot. His combos aren't the same anymore due to characters being able to flip out of a lot of stuff early. He's still good, but stuff like Wild Stomp and long Acid Rain loops were changed. Hammer invincibility was nerfed, and sometimes opponents will fall out of Jetstream or Sky Dance combo enders midscreen due to hit stun decay so some variations of combos are corner only.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, what does your buddy think of the game in this early build? Just a general opinion?

Does it play differently from Vanilla?

Smooth Criminal
He likes it, but that's probably because Morrigan and Ryu got buffed in Ultimate.
It's not that drastically different from Vanillia besides character changes.
Also, he told me he almost made it to top 32. It seems that he had Fanatiq, Killer Kai, Combofiend, and PR Rog in his station though. lol

Also, I was listening to the Destructoid interview and Niitsuma was asked which was the hardest character to make due to creating a moveset. He said it's one not officially announced but their playstyle resembles a pre-existing character.

I can't see Rocket Raccoon being that difficult so I'm gonna guess Phoenix Wright. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as more Commando-esque than Viper. "Hold it!" could be the new corridor lol.

Savon

Smash Ace
Deadpools new UMVC3 win quote should be,

"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to petitioning Capcom to make Megaman Legends 3 (look it up!)"

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I asked Seth if there was any new hype for Vulpus 2. He confirmed that there was not. Well, at least not that he knew about.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Also, I was listening to the Destructoid interview and Niitsuma was asked which was the hardest character to make due to creating a moveset. He said it's one not officially announced but their playstyle resembles a pre-existing character.
Hes probly refering to Vergil. I could see it being difficult to give him DMC style combos that are different enough from Dante.

Pikaville

I wanna see Vergil have more teleporting ability than Dante.

Like literally mashing Dante into Wesker hahahaha.

It's hard to see how he will play out.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hes probly refering to Vergil. I could see it being difficult to give him DMC style combos that are different enough from Dante.
Yeah, you're probably right about that. Vergil slipped my mind when I was thinking of the roster.
The SF top 8 was more hype IMO and I hate SF.
I personally think SF is more exciting to watch than Marvel, but that's just personal preference for me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
SF is/was really fun to watch. Same with Marvel. I hold their most recent incarnations in about the same esteem, with maybe a slight nod to AE for this year's EVO (Poongko and Latif made it a very entertaining experience). I was slightly disappointed with Marvel because, as everybody else says, Phoenix is kind of the anti-hype. Not taking anything away from Viscant (he deserved that win) or any of the other Phoenix players out there, but I just don't get excited when I see a DP pop X-Factor and just start running train all over people.

PR Rog's Tron, though...? ****ing clutch. Especially that Level 3 grab on Viscant's Phoenix.

MK9 was surprisingly very, very hype. I was actually on the edge of my seat for that, like I was for AE. REO's Mileena was just unbelievable. Perfect Legend managed to pin him down after the reset though (even forced REO to try and throw him for a loop with Cyrax). The fruits of Tom Brady's labors ripening, it seems.

Tekken...**** me running, I know NOTHING about Tekken so maybe that's why I sat there like a dullard and was totally neutral when it came down to GFs. Footsies are so sporadic in that game. Lol. "Weave in and out, in and out" is, like, no different from other fighting games (on paper) but there's really a whole 'nother dimension of movement to consider, making it a tad bit trickier.

(Stealth edit: I didn't watch Blazblue at all. D: )

So, yeah. That's my opinion on EVO this year.

Smooth Criminal

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Everything about EVO was hype except Tekken. Too many Bob players made it mad boring, and it was just like watching the same match over and over for two hours.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was never referring to the cheering, so I apologize if that's how your interpreting this.

I'm talking about the booing. It just wasn't needed. Noah being the youngest one there doesn't justify it imho.
Ah. That I agree with.

Top Bottom