• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty sure Twist said it too. In MvC2 you could almost never raw tag because it was so unsafe. Now raw tags have invincibility for days.
I think the only times people used it in MvC2 was out of desperation when you knew your opponent couldn't block, or just be a jerk and pass through Captain Sword lol. I'm actually still surprised seeing people not blocking raw tags against Phoenix players though, it's just so obvious.
Isn't Brightside Clockw0rk? If so, hi.
He's not.

Sariku

Smash Master
Brightside being Clockwork? That would be absolutely sick, but I'm guessing not just because it would probably be too sick. And the locations don't match up.

But anyways, Evo was outstanding, and Marvel was absolutely crazy. Justin's comeback left me in awe. Combofiend's comeback left me in awe. Noel Brown just felt inspirational with him beating Kelly with a perfect. Same with PR Balrog. And Viscant/Clockwork are both my favorite MvC3 players. Not because they play Phoenix (I don't care to play her myself), but because they do things right and do make things interesting. They're both crazy knowledgeable about the game and they have a desire to make others good as well. I learned a lot from both of them. Due to this, I was crazy excited about Viscant's win. I think he deserved 100% of it.

Also, ever since Revelations I've been a huge supporter of PR Rog, and I'm extremely excited to see him place so well at Evo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ever since the Sent patch, I predicted top tiers/overused characters were Phoenix, Wesker/Mags, Dante, Ammy in that order.
Looking at the Evo results, I was pretty close. Wolverine just flew under the radar for me at the time.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lol at Gates calling somebody else a ****ing *******.

For UMvC3, the only confirmed character that's staying on my team is Zero. I'd hafta play the game to see how the others feel before deciding my team though. I'm tempted to use Wesker though for that awesome OTG.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
People use Sent for essentially the same reason Haggar was seeing use: Dat assist.

The idea of people talking about a definitive tier list or or where a characters position is outside of maybe the best and the worst is silly.
Especially considering that's all changing in not too long.

Wolverine is stupid but not as stupid as Dark Phoenix.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's okay, I'm really good at math! :bee:

I'm not really worried about all the buffs and nerfs, to be honest. That's what patches are for.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
They need to stop patching things all the time. Just take your time in making the game guys and stop grabbing our money. Wait until its perfect or something and THEN release it. sheesh.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So... who's getting Ultimate for 360? Anyone that's not like far like East Coast or anything?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'm probably getting it for 360 despite my better judgement.

MvC3 raw tags are scrubby, lmfao.

:phone:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd wait till Christmas, there may be a price drop for the 360/PS3 later this year or a good bundle.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd wait till Christmas, there may be a price drop for the 360/PS3 later this year or a good bundle.
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I might end up possibly buying a new one since my current PS3 has other problems as well.
But of course, there's no rush since I like the 360 as well.
Felicia/Arthur/Cap?
Don't say that. People are going to bring up Arthur being the best anchor again lol

TL?

Smash Ace
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I might end up possibly buying a new one since my current PS3 has other problems as well.
But of course, there's no rush since I like the 360 as well.

Don't say that. People are going to bring up Arthur being the best anchor again lol
But if you play arthur as an anchor then you'll miss out on his awesome intro quotes. :bee:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Look at all those Sents in Top 32.

What a great guy.

The solution to Dark Phoenix is Sentinel with all his health back.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*insert arbitrary balance suggestion that REALLY won't fix anything about the game in the long run*

:phone:

Top Bottom