• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
LOL at people saying Phoenix won him EVO.

Wesker misxups, haggar assist, and dark phoneix won him the finals. If he didn't have Phoenix on his team, he had multiple situations where he could've killed Rog.

If anything, Phoenix let him beat Justin Wong >.> but still, mad respect to Viscant.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Viscant was probably the only Phoenix player that I liked. He earned the win, imo.
PR Rog was amazing though. I wanted him to win in GFs. Especially considering he used Dante and Tron.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Wesker misxups, haggar assist, and dark phoneix won him the finals. If he didn't have Phoenix on his team, he had multiple situations where he could've killed Rog.

If anything, Phoenix let him beat Justin Wong >.> but still, mad respect to Viscant.
In Marvel, if you beat Justin Wong at Evo, you've basically already won.

Savon

Smash Ace
Nobody can take it away from Viscant. He is a GOOD player. He has a very good Phoenix and he is not nearly as lame as some other people are with Phoenix. Nonetheless, **** Phoenix and everything about her.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, at least Phoenix won't be a problem next year. From what I remember, she can't even do 2 actions in a jump in UMvC3, so fireball to teleport mixups won't work anymore. It'll be nice to see Viscant play a different team in Ultimate.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
3 billion Wolv/Akuma's in top 32. A few elite phoenix players make it out and one wins.

"GAH PHOENIX IS SO BROKEN!!!"

It's amazing how people literally ignore the most auto-pilot character in existence. It feels like 2006 and the Marth and Fox debate all over again.

Savon

Smash Ace
Eff wolverine too. The reason people hate Phoenix so much is because of how extreme she is when it comes to her overall influence on a match and how hopeless things end up being once she is out.

People hate Wolverine too, and that is reflected by the nerfs he will be receiving in UMVC3.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
3 billion Wolv/Akuma's in top 32. A few elite phoenix players make it out and one wins.

"GAH PHOENIX IS SO BROKEN!!!"

It's amazing how people literally ignore the most auto-pilot character in existence. It feels like 2006 and the Marth and Fox debate all over again.
People aren't ignoring Best Friends Forever though. It's just natural that people talk about the winner's team at the moment.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Eff wolverine too. The reason people hate Phoenix so much is because of how extreme she is when it comes to her overall influence on a match and how hopeless things end up being once she is out.

People hate Wolverine too, and that is reflected by the nerfs he will be receiving in UMVC3.
this is the smartest thing I've ever read on this thread.

umvc3 : wesker is also nerfed. x factor nerfed. x factor in air is good believe it or not??? prevents chip. zero buff level 3 blaster by it combo even more lol. dante same ish. sent has faster assist. and x 23 seems improved?? she hulk low hit range nerfed.

facts from evo 2011: let me know if there anything you guys want to know. realiable source

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ So.. my team has been changing.

I've realized you can't OTG assist in the corner, and I -really- need to learn the WEb Zip > S thing. I'm getting it down, so I thought about returning to Shuma. I'm not though(yet), because he is hard to play, an I'm not there (yet)

So I ran Spidey/Sent/Wesker for a while, but Sent ruins the team. I seriously suck with Slow sluggish large hitbox characters. In any game. it's always this way =/.

So I'm Trying Spidey[Web Ball]/Dante[Jamz]/Wesker[OTG] and I have to say I'm really liking this team. I spent a good month a while back on Dante, so I have his moves memorized, and his movement suits me. I'm also hoping when Strider comes out to run Spidey/Shuma/Strider or Spidey/Strider/Wesker (Or Dante, maybe)

Anyways my question is this: Is this team okay, an if not, who should my middle man be?

Also, where are good Arcade Sticks for MVC3. I need decent price ranges, sites, etc.

Turazrok

Smash Master

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I need tips for the 320 missions trophy. Everyone is 5+ done, most people are at mission 8, that seems to be my limit. Amaterasu[sp], Chun li, Doom are giving me the most troubles though. Weapon change combos are rough...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Not gonna john for JWong, was rooting for him to lose actually, but

Didn't he ONLY lose to D.Phoenix?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I wanted x-ray to win personally.

He was amazing all through out the 1st day.

He seemed off in top 8 unfortunately.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I would've **** bricks if Justin could've actually timed out Phoenix. I've never seen that strategy actually work.

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Phoenix and Dark Phoenix is worse than Wolverine/Akuma because it's so easy to fix the latter two with patches. You really only need to do a few things to do it: reduce Wolverine's overall damage, reduce Akuma's invincibility on Tatsu, take away the damage boost of Berserker Charge to make it only boost speed, and make Berserker Slash not invincible. I don't even know where to start with Dark Phoenix because nearly everything about her is a bad design decision. Reduce damage, reduce speed, reduce chip damage on feathers, reduce teleport speed, reduce life gained from Healing Field, reduce meter gained by Dark Phoenix, and nerf X-Factor and you're left with a character that's still pretty ****ing ridiculous. Wolverine and Akuma also don't decide games by themselves. I've never seen someone completely outplay their opponent only for Wolverine to make a comeback by himself the same way Phoenix does. Same with Akuma, except for that one time.

I don't see how this is like Fox and Marth at all. Those characters both had matchups where they were at a disadvantage or could go even with characters. They were very dominant against most of the cast, but that's the way it usually is in poorly balanced games like Smash.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Phoenix and Dark Phoenix is worse than Wolverine/Akuma because it's so easy to fix the latter two with patches. You really only need to do a few things to do it: reduce Wolverine's overall damage, reduce Akuma's invincibility on Tatsu, take away the damage boost of Berserker Charge to make it only boost speed, and make Berserker Slash not invincible. I don't even know where to start with Dark Phoenix because nearly everything about her is a bad design decision. Reduce damage, reduce speed, reduce chip damage on feathers, reduce teleport speed, reduce life gained from Healing Field, reduce meter gained by Dark Phoenix, and nerf X-Factor and you're left with a character that's still pretty ****ing ridiculous. Wolverine and Akuma also don't decide games by themselves. I've never seen someone completely outplay their opponent only for Wolverine to make a comeback by himself the same way Phoenix does. Same with Akuma, except for that one time.

I don't see how this is like Fox and Marth at all. Those characters both had matchups where they were at a disadvantage or could go even with characters. They were very dominant against most of the cast, but that's the way it usually is in poorly balanced games like Smash.
All these changes are horrible you just want to make her into a unusable character. Why not just take her off the user select screen? All those changes would pretty much have the same effect. The UMvC3 nerf of 1 fireball jump is a big enough gimp that nearly destroys her entire run away game. Snaping her in and killing her will be 10x easier now.

Also all those changes you listed that akuma and wolv needed were pretty big and easily comparable to Phoenix. Get rid of that bias. The problem with Wolv/Akuma is that they are just as big of a threat as DP from the start and hardly need any meter to function properly.

A lot of you are misunderstanding what I meant about the Marth/Fox debate. In 2006 when Marth was winning all the tourneys (Ken) they failed to realize the hundreds of Fox's and Falco's placing 2nd and below and they would of course complain about Marth. This is the same garbage all over again.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why not just take her off the user select screen?
Another perfectly reasonable solution.

The UMvC3 nerf of 1 fireball jump is a big enough gimp that nearly destroys her entire run away game. Snaping her in and killing her will be 10x easier now.
I won't believe that until I see it. Raw tags are scrubby enough in this game that Phoenix can just block and tech throws on her way down before eventually tagging out for free. If this is the ONLY nerf Phoenix is getting then they should nerf raw tagging too so that it's not so unbelievably safe. In fact, they should do that anyway.

Get rid of that bias.
What ****ing bias? My only bias is that I think the whole damn game is stupid. Phoenix is just the stupidest part aside from X-Factor.

I think what you don't realize is that there are a bunch of characters who are as threatening as Wolverine is when paired with Akuma assist. Wesker is ridiculous because he also deals a ****load of damage and has ridiculous teleport mixups. Same with Dante, and more or less the same with Magneto, Zero, and Amaterasu. Akuma's assist is just retardedly good and nearly any character in the game can benefit from it. It's the best projectile in the game. I know that Wolverine is strong, but he's strong within reason. Phoenix is unreasonable.

Also, since you want to bring up results:

Top8:
3 Phoenix
3 Wesker
2 Wolverine/Akuma
2 Dante
2 Magneto
1 Wolverine w/o Akuma
1 Amaterasu

Top 32:
9 Magneto
9 Sentinel wtf?
8 Phoenix
8 Wesker
5 Akuma w/o Wolverine
5 Wolverine w/o Akuma
5 Dante
4 Wolverine/Akuma
3 Amaterasu

Yeah, the fact that there were twice as many successful Phoenix players as BFF players definitely shows that those two are more of an issue.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Gates, Sent isn't bad, he's not the best, but seriously, he's good. Why do you keep bringing him up as bad?

Also, you're the only one I could imagine saying raw tags are scrubby :v

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Another perfectly reasonable solution.

I won't believe that until I see it. Raw tags are scrubby enough in this game that Phoenix can just block and tech throws on her way down before eventually tagging out for free. If this is the ONLY nerf Phoenix is getting then they should nerf raw tagging too so that it's not so unbelievably safe. In fact, they should do that anyway.

What ****ing bias? My only bias is that I think the whole damn game is stupid. Phoenix is just the stupidest part aside from X-Factor.

I think what you don't realize is that there are a bunch of characters who are as threatening as Wolverine is when paired with Akuma assist. Wesker is ridiculous because he also deals a ****load of damage and has ridiculous teleport mixups. Same with Dante, and more or less the same with Magneto, Zero, and Amaterasu. Akuma's assist is just retardedly good and nearly any character in the game can benefit from it. It's the best projectile in the game. I know that Wolverine is strong, but he's strong within reason. Phoenix is unreasonable.

Also, since you want to bring up results:

Top8:
3 Phoenix
3 Wesker
2 Wolverine/Akuma
2 Dante
2 Magneto
1 Wolverine w/o Akuma
1 Amaterasu

Top 32:
9 Magneto
9 Sentinel wtf?
8 Phoenix
8 Wesker
5 Akuma w/o Wolverine
5 Wolverine w/o Akuma
5 Dante
4 Wolverine/Akuma
3 Amaterasu

Yeah, the fact that there were twice as many successful Phoenix players as BFF players definitely shows that those two are more of an issue.

Stay free.
9 Wolvs is still 9 wolvs.

But please keep crying about Phoenix in a game you don't even like or play.

hurr durr Stay free. (do I look cool yet?)

Gates, Sent isn't bad, he's not the best, but seriously, he's good. Why do you keep bringing him up as bad?

Sent is horrible. I wtf'd at that to

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yo

tron bonne and haggar won the tournament

you idiots

:)

showin akuma who's boss

yo you flail your ARMS in a circle, not your legs.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Brightside, why are you always such a ****ing *******? You're one of the rudest people I've seen on these boards, and coming from me that's saying a lot.

Sent isn't unplayable bad, but he's not good enough to justify 9 people in the top 32 at Evo using him. It's like someone using Felicia, you could do well but there are usually better options for what you want to do.

I also tend to blow weaknesses of my characters out of proportion. Ask me what I think of Dedede.

I'm pretty sure Twist said it too. In MvC2 you could almost never raw tag because it was so unsafe. Now raw tags have invincibility for days.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
from what i hear he's mostly used for drones assist, right? still a great assist

on point he seems pretty mid tier. but doesnt mean people won't get caught by crouch M's in tourny heat every now and then

shoutouts to Noah making top 48. LOOOOL.

Sariku

Smash Master
Only because I want to say something without giving any actual input to the thread in attempt to make this guy look dumber than he already is (it's tough, I know).

Nice grammar, stupid. :troll:

Top Bottom