• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Marvel was Hype, SF Omg POONGKO THAT SETH IS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG, Blazblue was so terrible, like LK just couldn't do anything to take a match, Tekken was boring as usual. Im hyped bout tag though seeing a Lili **** on stream made me soooo happy. MK, OMG, MK, Such diversity in the top 8, Mileena is so amazing. Props To Reo, though for beating Chris G, that made my day.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The first time i heard of Poongko was at Shadowloo but i hadn't watched him until EVO. incredible.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I am part of a private MvC 3 group on another site, and maybe we're just crazy, but I think we found something.

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-all-new-characters/4309415/#/0

Take a look at the new characters. Firebrand, Strider Hiryu, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye all have this whitish/silverish outline and tint.
[COLLAPSE=""]
[/COLLAPSE]
Obviously, it's just a style effect, right? I didn't give any thought to the matter until I saw Rocket Raccoon next to Phoenix Wright. Both of these characters definitely have a strong presence of yellow.
[COLLAPSE=""]
[/COLLAPSE]
Looking even further, Nova and Frank West share the colour red
[COLLAPSE=""]
[/COLLAPSE]
Finally, Doctor Strange and Nemesis share turquoise-ish blue/green, and Iron Fist and Vergil share purple.
[COLLAPSE=""]

[/COLLAPSE]
This leads me to believe that characters that share the same tints will be revealed together. To further prove this using a past and unrelated theory for characters being revealed together, look at the character select screen.
[COLLAPSE=""]
[/COLLAPSE]
Above Chris and Dormammu are two blank slots. Above Chris would be Nemesis and then DLC slot by him is Jill, and above Dorm would be Doctor Strange and then there would be DLC Shuma-Gorath. This strikes me as no coincidence at this point.

Like MvC 3 at least two characters, one Marvel one Capcom, will be revealed a month until release. Two a month until November would reveal the remaining eight characters. Rocket Raccoon & Groot are getting a new comic released this month and has plans to show up with other Cosmic Marvel figures in upcoming episodes of the new Avengers cartoon show (or just Marvel shows in general, I forget which one). Like X-23 being revealed close to her new series and Shuma-Gorath's recent appearance in the Invaders close after he was revealed for DLC, this leads me to believe that we are likely to get Rocket Raccoon this month, most likely at Gamescom, with Phoenix Wright.

While at first I thought Phoenix Wright makes more sense to be revealed at TGS for obvious reasons, there were also rumours of RE 6 with a returning antagonist being revealed at TGS, leading me to believe that Nemesis and Doctor Strange will be revealed there. Beyond that it's really up in the air, but NYCC is in early October where we got four character reveals last time. With only four characters left I doubt they'd reveal them all with over a month until release. EDIT: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is released October 11 US and 14th EU, so I think Frank is a safe bet with Nova. After that reveal Vergil and Iron Fist in early November and there you go.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's actually pretty clever. I never paid any attention to the outlines until you brought it up. Makes a whole lot of sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd go with Phoenix and Rocket Raccoon being revealed last.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well don't worry, you've made it all the way to Neogaf.
Cool, but I'd at least like to have known that first :urg:

I'd go with Phoenix and Rocket Raccoon being revealed last.
We'll know in a few weeks. Even if RR and PW aren't revealed this month, if ANY of the pairs I presented are revealed, then another after that, I'ma feel real satisfied with myself. :awesome:

you know id never go to *shutters* gamefaqs.
The perfect cover-up :troll:

-------------------

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=437950&page=175

Sweet.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
That is a really nice theory you have there man.

Makes sense to me.

My mind can't rest until I see some nemesis.

cutter

Smash Champion
*epic post with epic detective work*
Wow, good ****! I never would have paid attention to something like this.

Also, that wasn't me on GameFAQs :p

And for some reason, I feel like Phoenix Wright is going to have the essence of CapCom in him. Hell, they both have the same hairdos. Maybe it's just me wanting the Corridor to return SO ****ING BADLY for this game. I don't even give an F if it's a big pilllar of OBJECTION!. Just give me my goddamn AAA back so keepaway teams get what they have been dying to have had since the beginning of MvC3...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For PW's moveset, I'm going to guess Objection! is a level 1, the judge is another level 1 super, and the Magatama/Psyche Locks is a level 3.
Hold it! will be an anti-air, and he'll throw random stuff or have his friends show up.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
In Ace Attorney there's an in-universe tokusatsu show called Steel Samurai which Wright is a fan of. Steel Samurai, Silver Samurai, you can see where this is going now?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, just curious, is this game going to have it's own achievements/trophies? No Arcade mode, so... that limits trophies a bit.

Or a game without that?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure they'll add more trophies, like "win a match with three cosmic characters" for Skrull/RR/Nova, "win a match with three creature characters" for Nemesis/Ammy/Firebrand, Dr. Strange vs Dorm/Shuma, Jill vs Nemesis, Arthur vs Firebrand... wait no arcade mode? **** move.

I can forgive that if they add Baby MODOK colours for MODOK tho :D

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm pretty sure they'll add more trophies, like "win a match with three cosmic characters" for Skrull/RR/Nova, "win a match with three creature characters" for Nemesis/Ammy/Firebrand, Dr. Strange vs Dorm/Shuma, Jill vs Nemesis, Arthur vs Firebrand... wait no arcade mode? **** move.

I can forgive that if they add Baby MODOK colours for MODOK tho :D
Worlds of Warcraft? :troll:

Savon

Smash Ace
It really just occurred to me how effin epic doctor strange is. What is funny is that I could totally picture him having a moveset identical to magneto that would fit him. Just change the visuals on a move or two. Either way I am do pumped about these DLC chars. Sadly I just know that somebody I like is gonna be terrible like with the first mvc3. (skrull, Arthur, Jill, joe.)

:phone:

Top Bottom