• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nemesis seems awesome. I know Dr Strange does cool stuff but I think his low health will keep him back.

Firebrand looks like he's going to be a bit too good if you ask me.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Low health doesn't really mean a thing in this game unless you're like a capcom girl. Nemesis has Cap America health and is the same size as Sentinel maybe his height will be a problem too, judging that people can do an aerial combo then land a do a launch combo

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
hm, what makes you think that??
Well strange countered like Hyper sodium Force and some other Beam supers.
This^^

And because of this image.

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2011/aug/16/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-aug-16-screen-shot-12/

I'm pretty sure thats the startup to the hyper.

Nemesis seems awesome. I know Dr Strange does cool stuff but I think his low health will keep him back.

Firebrand looks like he's going to be a bit too good if you ask me.
Stranges health doesn't look low.. It's just that Nemesis hits like a damn spaceship.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hmm well I like all of the new characters apart from Firebrand so far. I thought I'd hate Hawkeye because of Taskmaster but I think it's just Taskmaster I hate seeing as though Hawkeye looks awesome.

cutter

Smash Champion
Nemesis is what I expected. Rawket lawnchair, grappling goodness, and hitting like a freight train. I am very tempted to try him out now.

Strange likely has below average health. Probably around 850k. I think his one assist that was shown where he summons the discs could be a nice complement for MODOK or some other zoning character.

And speaking of zoning, I am still chomping at the bit for Rocket Raccoon. I love my obscure WTF characters and this guy is one I have been dying to see ever since the leaks. When you see him doing standing fierce x4, jumping fierce gunshot lockdown, and AHVB x3 in his reveal trailer, you'd better be ready to hail your new raccoon overlord :troll:

Savon

Smash Ace
Either way these new chars with totally original movesets **** on the old mvc2 era characters with their boring *** movesets.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Either way these new chars with totally original movesets **** on the old mvc2 era characters with their boring *** movesets.

:phone:
Not saying you're wrong, but what's unique about them? IMO, the veterans and the newcomers aren't that much different.
Although Hawkeye's various effects is rather new and cool.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I agree. What makes MvC3 movesets "less boring" than MvC2?
I think his main complaint is that there are so many re-skinned characters with similar moves in the New Age of Heroes roster that the "diversity" in play becomes hollow and artificial, making the game more boring to watch and play to him, whereas every character in the Fate of Two Worlds roster has a completely original moveset. I still have fun with both, but I think that's what he's trying to say.

L__

Smash Master
does anyone know changes regarding dante and his combos?

edit: besides the simplified double inputs

L__

Smash Master
okay I never really learned the names of his moves but I think that's his j.qcf.h right?

doesn't affect me too bad since I never used that move lmao

fkacyan

Smash Hero
okay I never really learned the names of his moves but I think that's his j.qcf.h right?

It makes me kinda mad that I know both that shorthand and the other:

j.236H

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why does it make you mad? lol

hcb is easier to read than 63214

but dp motions

how do ppl describe that with letters haha

just dp?

L__

Smash Master
I knew j.236H too

qcf just came into my mind first loool

I'm really excited to try out a lot of characters in umvc3. dr. strange is jumping up on my radar as well as vergil doom phoenix wright maybe phoenix

hmmm

decision decisions

hi andre

Minato

穏やかじゃない

It's not just affect that, a lot of his other specials might not work together.
Comboing into Volcano, jC Airplay jC doesn't work. I think Beehive to Jetstream doesn't work now (not sure).
Enemies fall faster in Acid Rain so Acid Rain loops are limited but still work.

Hammer invincibility seems nerfed. He's gain a triple jump and another air dash in Devil Trigger.
Basically his combos are a little different but people will find workarounds.

L__

Smash Master
holy crap a triple jump? running away is going to be so fun in dt lol.

I'm interested to see what combos come from his additional/removal of some of his previous resources

I heard magneto's air dash and disruptor was slowed down, can I get a confirmation? do you guys also know what else was changed for him? thanks for the info guys :bee:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ouch haha those are some interesting combo nerfs

i like how they made characters like wolverine and dante a little more reliant on meter. even though their regular attributes got nerfed, berserker charge still looks incredibly fast and devil trigger got mobility boosts.

yes magneto's air dash and disruptor were slowed down, but he (as well as storm) got a new push/pull/gravity. it's really quick too. it should make for both excellent keepaway and anti-keepaway.

pulling people into haggar... i can see it now... LOL

Top Bottom