• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, when I was doing some missions (especially Felicia's 10th one... ugh), sometimes when I try to do an a.M -> a.M -> a.H -> a.S it would come out as a.M -> a.M -> a.S because I was doing the inputs too fast. I think what happened is that I inputted the a.H before the second a.M even connected, which made the air string not cancel into the a.H but the a.S instead, if that makes any sense.

I like Brawl's buffering actually (I'm a Brawl player, so yeah lol).

Another question (I like learning about the games I'm playing lol), I heard that you can't block during the first 3 frames of your jump. Is that true? It would explain why I get hit by random beams when I buffer a jump during a beam hyper's start-up sometimes. It's weird...

Lol you can edit out the phone icon.
You know there's an option for taking it out in the User CP, right?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
That's exactly what I'm talking about... But whatever =p

And yeah polter, as I said above, the first 3 frames of a jump while holding back count as a standing guard; you are vulnerable to lows, but should be able to block anything else

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
"Marn, aren't you going to go first?"

"**** THAT!"

Shoutouts to walking

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
GODDAMN IT.

I just found my collector's edition booklet containing the free download code for Shuma and Jill. I thought I lost it so I ended up buying the DLC characters outright when I had extra cash.

Anybody who wants to use my code just throw me a PM. First come, first serve basis.

Smooth Criminal
Once again, thanks for the code. <3

I'm trying to find a way to include Jill on my team. Her execution is ridiculous, but she builds meter like crazy.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Did you get both codes or only Jill?

If you didn't I want Shuma sooooo bad.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Once again, thanks for the code. <3

I'm trying to find a way to include Jill on my team. Her execution is ridiculous, but she builds meter like crazy.
use her arrow kick assist with pheonix on point as you are OTGing a TK shot, free wall bounce into another ground to air to ground combo

that assists is amazing since wall bounces are difficult to come by in assists.

also jill is good if you have assists like phonex overdrive that break projectiles.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^One of the most amazing GIFs I've ever seen.

Still, there's no way that could have been a real match... could it?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No way! XD

Why is Iron Man so baaaaaaaaaaaad...

EDIT: What's "online warrior" again? It sounds so familiar...

Savon

Smash Ace
Some guy called Maxamillion has a video series with tips, tricks, and online fights. The guy uses doom and wesker

sanchaz

Smash Lord
sanchaz47 . add me

zero, dante, sent. I need a challenge.

iron man sucks, there are 15 characters better then him

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Iron Man is so underrated in this game. Sure he's lacking the tools to make him top or high, but he's still pretty good, imo.
sanchaz47 . add me

zero, dante, sent. I need a challenge.

iron man sucks, there are 15 characters better then him
Um... you should post whether you're on XBL or PSN before asking people to add you.
And if you're on PSN, I guess I can play you, but only if you're on the west coast or something. MvC3 online is so terribad.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I don't think Iron Man is terrible, but he definitely has like the worst beam super in the game. I can punish it with my own beam supers on block or even Maximum Spider. The only good thing about it is that the initial hit before the beam shoots out comes out fast and has decent range.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Marvel 3 online isn't even good in the same state, much less the same coast >_> Mvc2 online was wayyy less lag overall

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Gonna have to disagree on iron man being bad his assist is fine pared with people like wesker and zero. <______< There's an Iron man in my region he does pretty fine in tournies

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
LOL you guys making assumptions about iron man when you guys have zero knowledge on the character
Still doesn't change the fact that it's the worst beam super in the game that's punishable on block by quite a few characters. Find me a worse one and I'll take back what I said.

ss118

Smash Master
Iron Man is a pretty good character.

However, in a game with so many "great" characters, being a "good" one transfers into being a "bad" one.

Iron Man no doubt has a decent keep away in the air as well as having the best Beam assist in the game [for Wesker]. The problem just comes in that the way his basic combos work combined with his ways of getting in don't work too great. For some reason he has one of the most inconsistent basic combos in the game.

Who knows. When flight turns out to be broken in this game he'll have a chance; at the moment he's best known for his assist.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Still doesn't change the fact that it's the worst beam super in the game that's punishable on block by quite a few characters. Find me a worse one and I'll take back what I said.

I never like it when people use that as an example. Lots of supers are used during combos anyways, not when they know the opponent will block. And if a character dropped the combo causing the opponent able to block, then that's their fault.

GreenAce

Smash Ace

So I assume you like to do random supers. How punishable a super is shouldn't decide if a character or the super itself is bad lol.

Iron is mad legit and I would mind explaining why. But i'm busy atm.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Only if it can chip a character to death. The problem with Iron Man's beam is that if it doesn't he can just throw out another one, and he can even get punished during the cooldown by a lot of characters.

I'm not saying Iron Man is bad, it's just that his beam is bad. Everyone else with a beam super can use it safely for chip while he can't. =/

@Minato: Yes, I know it can be comboed into, but that limits it's use as a super overall. Although, I guess it can also be a pseudo-counter if you time it right and hit them with the gun, but if they block it then it's totally unsafe.

Top Bottom