• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I have no idea. It just seems it. Anywho, can anyone point me in the direction of some decent Jill combos for me to try? I'll be getting on PSN shortly.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Personally I find online way too inconsistent to judge skill sometimes. But if you want to find a way to just improve yourself, I suggest you do what I do and just face the CPU in training mode. I can't say much else besides that or just take a short break and see if that helps.

I remember I couldn't pull off any Dante combos correctly until I took a break for a couple of days.
It was even worse than my online Dante which was quite sad.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I have no idea. It just seems it. Anywho, can anyone point me in the direction of some decent Jill combos for me to try? I'll be getting on PSN shortly.
i saw a video with the basics of jill combos (her strings) and how to put them together if i find it again i'll let you know. just get her loop down at first. and know to try comboing crouching into standing alot as well.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Jill mission 10. Good lord. How do they expect humans to do this? I got the rest of them in fairly short order, but this is murder.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Oi, Jill's Mission 10 is ridiculous. I got about two of the flipkick strings in during the Mad Beast combo and when I tried to do the next one, she dashed instead. Fml.

I wonder if there's a way to manipulate it so that she doesn't dash. Kind of like... if you want to get closer to someone without having to teleport during Mad Beast, you can M+H to do her short step / wavedash.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I did that haters gonna hate on someone yesterday xD. I was like, Wesker wave dash in. PROTON CANNON. *walks towards him, stares at my friend* "HATERS GONNA HATE" *L, M, H, QCFL, Wavedash in, OTG H, Cr.L, Cr.M, H, -> H, Cr.M, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, s, OTG H, X factor, Level 3.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So Wolvie/Sent/Akuma is utter desruction.

Logan really is so very very good.

Berserker Slash assist is actually awesome for Sent when it hits.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Clockw0rk's Phoenix seems like it's gotten less crafty than it used to be. Hopefully, that changes tonight.

Oh, and I've improved against Wolverine. That trial and error process was fun.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Uh, any tips?

make him do overheads to open you up, since wolvies overheads are well broadcasted. also backing up every time he advances and punishing works as well. he has a few dead spots that he doesn't hit well from certain positions. so you can do alot of stuff. when haggar is fast enough to dodge your advances and punish, you definitely have big holes.

thats not to say wolvie is bad. it's just all about finding those spots.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I picked up Ammy, I use the Valley of Mist for the C loop combo's LOL

I went Ammy, Wesker, Dante.
Wesker, Akuma, Chris
And Trish, Zero, Task I live these teams

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
...but... wouldn't the main type of overheads wolverine would be doing be instant overheads? Which are the complete opposite of broadcasted? Idk, I don't really see how you can force someone to use a certain approach in that sense either....

Polter, use your counter as ammy a lot vs wolverine, just be aware of akuma. What happens when hulk assist meets akuma assist? If you can pick out the times that akuma can't get to you (either because he's on cool down and can't be called, or because hulk assist is in the way) then all of wolverine's beserker slash nonsense doesn't work since your counter hits behind you. If the wolverine is dive kick happy, learn to dash back/under him and whiff punish it; ammy has some pretty good range with cr M and f+H so she shouldn't have much trouble whiff punishing. Another trick is to be in the air when you block dive kick (this is the equivalent of hitting a tall character in the head... but ammy's too short for that); by the time wolverine (and you) get to the ground the blockstun from dive kick has ended a lot of the time, and you can just mash out standing light to hit him before he can do any moves. I think in the marvel guide they even say something about punishing high dive kicks etc

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Uh, any tips?

Basically, keep yourself up in the air as much as possible and do Advancing Guards whenever you block. TK Shot H, Air H for spacing. Phoenix loves her air H. The hitbox is huge. Even if you short-hop it, it'll still deflect a good number of Wolverine's approaches... except his dive kick. They exchange hits, and he gets out of that stun faster than you. Teleport M whenever he uses Berserker Slash and punish it with a TK Overdrive. Bait dive kick in the air and punish it with Teleport H to Burn Out Beak to whatever combo you can string after that. If a dive kick is coming towards you and you're not in the air and mid attack, DHC out (unless you don't play her on point like I do) or use TK Shot L, if you're trying to conserve meter. If you're not, Phoenix Rage.

Vwoooooop.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh, yeah. I don't play her on point. =P

Anyways, I'm afraid to also go in the air beccause of Wolverine's air-throw. I'm not good at reacting/predicting throws yet, so I guess I'll have to work on that...

Top Bottom