• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
That's silly. That's like saying Storm's super is the most viable because it does a bunch of chip damage (Phoenix's firebird is the only thing I can think of that might do more)

Also, most supers are used in combos. Polt, you so silly.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It's not about the chip damage, but how safe the move is. I mean, if you have the meter, wouldn't you rather just chip your opponent to death and not risk having to approach them where you can make a mistake and get comboed to death? Iron Man doesn't have that luxury with the way his beam works. :<

And yes, I am silly.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The one thing that's really difficult for me on Iron Man is that it can be tough to capitalize on unexpected hit confirms compared to other characters.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Iron is mad legit and I would mind explaining why. But i'm busy atm.
His dash can't be cancelled making for awkward movement and pressure, combo's are extremely technical and character specific, damage output is average, weak run-away game, low health, larger then normal hitbox, bad anchor.

What does he have going for him besides a good level 3/assist, and a decent triangle jump? Even his triangle jump is gimped by the fact that he can't do any up close pressure due to his janky dash. He's an assist that can't anchor well.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Iron Man is iffy. The main reason people use him is for the Unibeam assist because it keeps grounded characters that it hits grounded. Easier to follow up on hit confirm because people won't have the option to tech. He's got some nice pressure options but they're... really awkward imo. lol

Good Iron Mans are pretty rare though.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I made a 100% combo with Dark Phoenix! =D

a.S -> M -> c.M -> H -> f.H -> S -> a.M -> a.M -> a.H -> af.H -> a.S -> Air TK Shot L -> H -> S -> a.M -> a.M -> a.S -> Air TK Shot L -> TK Overdrive H -> Phoenix Rage

The amount of damage varies due to the feathers, but it averages out to about 1,210,000, which is enough to kill any character. I tested this on Viewtiful Joe, so I think this combo is universal.

This combo has a lot of quirks to it, actually. For one thing, during my first ground series I can't do H -> c.H -> f.H because sometimes the f.H feather interrupt the S, so I omitted the c.H. Another thing is that on smaller characters I need to jump straight up (not diagonally) during the first air series or else the a.S won't connect after the af.H. Yet another thing is how during the second air series I can't do an a.H because the a.S doesn't come out in time after the a.H hits, which is weird because I expect the a.H to have more hitstun than the a.M, but whatever.

So yeah, I'm excited to discover my own combo for once instead of copying what I've seen others do.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Iron Man is iffy. The main reason people use him is for the Unibeam assist because it keeps grounded characters that it hits grounded. Easier to follow up on hit confirm because people won't have the option to tech. He's got some nice pressure options but they're... really awkward imo. lol

Good Iron Mans are pretty rare though.
Iron Men :troll:

_Dice

Smash Ace
I made a 100% combo with Dark Phoenix! =D

a.S -> M -> c.M -> H -> f.H -> S -> a.M -> a.M -> a.H -> af.H -> a.S -> Air TK Shot L -> H -> S -> a.M -> a.M -> a.S -> Air TK Shot L -> TK Overdrive H -> Phoenix Rage

The amount of damage varies due to the feathers, but it averages out to about 1,210,000, which is enough to kill any character. I tested this on Viewtiful Joe, so I think this combo is universal.

This combo has a lot of quirks to it, actually. For one thing, during my first ground series I can't do H -> c.H -> f.H because sometimes the f.H feather interrupt the S, so I omitted the c.H. Another thing is that on smaller characters I need to jump straight up (not diagonally) during the first air series or else the a.S won't connect after the af.H. Yet another thing is how during the second air series I can't do an a.H because the a.S doesn't come out in time after the a.H hits, which is weird because I expect the a.H to have more hitstun than the a.M, but whatever.

So yeah, I'm excited to discover my own combo for once instead of copying what I've seen others do.

have you tried spacing pheonix so the air h hits with the end of the move, it has alot of hitstun it's just it takes a while to finish the move so if you start from the beginning you have to cancel after the move hits (after the feathers which ruin alot of DP combos)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
If I were to play dark phoenix, i think i'd just go for basic ground string --> infinite traps... for some reason the infinite traps are just hilarious to me >_>

Nice job comin up with the combo though :D

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Ammy vs. Dark Pheonix epic staredown.

Serris shall bow down to my Amaterasu!

And Hulk stinks -_-
That was a pretty hilarious ending. My Jill is so free. Good games.

EDIT: Now that my PC's hard drive crapped out, I have more time to play Marvel while my replacement is en route. Whee.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I'm about to get on PSN... I'm in GA so if anyone's near enough by to play without terrible lag, lemme know through post/PM/whatever.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
have you tried spacing pheonix so the air h hits with the end of the move, it has alot of hitstun it's just it takes a while to finish the move so if you start from the beginning you have to cancel after the move hits (after the feathers which ruin alot of DP combos)
Yeah, I'm assuming it's because of the feathers, but at that point in the combo the hit stun deterioration gets pretty ridiculous, so I don't think I can delay the hits between the a.M and the a.H.

If I want to add a move, I think I can add a f.H right before the TK Overdrive H, but the timing is a little hard for the f.H to connect and the TK Overdrive H afterwards.

If I were to play dark phoenix, i think i'd just go for basic ground string --> infinite traps... for some reason the infinite traps are just hilarious to me >_>

Nice job comin up with the combo though :D
Isn't that only possible with X-Factor, though? I made this combo for when X-Factor runs out, because up until yesterday I was just doing super basic combos with her that only reached to like 600k max.

Thanks for the compliment. I was actually only able to come up with this combo after learning what tiger-kneeing meant lol.

Ammy vs. Dark Pheonix epic staredown.

Serris shall bow down to my Amaterasu!

And Hulk stinks -_-
Hey, all three of those characters are my main team! =D

EDIT: DruggedFox, play me again. I want to see how much I've improved since CEO (still learning Ammy, though). PSN: Poltergust_3000

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Yup xfc only for the traps xDDD That's just like, the most hilarious thing to me though =P

Hmm, hulk really is bad >_> He needs an OTG

edit: mkay i'll send an invite now

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
poltergust that was awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry, I g2g now to go do some stuff =P

GGs they were fun, we'll play more another time

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm getting on PSN, if anyone wants to play. ID is Herple-Derples, for those of you that don't have me added.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, good games. I feel so slow with my team, though. =/

Yup xfc only for the traps xDDD That's just like, the most hilarious thing to me though =P

Hmm, hulk really is bad >_> He needs an OTG

edit: mkay i'll send an invite now
He does have an OTG. I showed you that plenty of times. XD

Polt you have a 360?
Yes, but I don't have Marvel for it.

EDIT: Serris, I'll add you in a bit. Have a small errand to do.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He does have a self OTG. :confused:

Besides, without assists he can do much off of an air-grab any way. The best can could do by himself is a Gamma Wave -> Gamma Crush (which also works mid-screen, but is really hard to time).

I think he can do resets in the corner after OTGing with his Gamma Wave with the help of an assist, actually. For example, I do my regular corner combo, finish it with a Gamma Wave + Assist TK Shot, then go for a command grab after they get out of hitstun. I think that could work. I guess the effectiveness of the reset depends on the assist used.

Still, he can't do much with his command grab other than a Gamma Tsunami if he throws the opponent away from the corner, so meh...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Poltergust and Serris. Two Phoenixes in a lobby left me frustrated lol.
Sorry for the lag though, guys.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Everyone can combo Gamma Wave into Gamma Crush lol. Or at least the decent Hulks can. I shake my head whenever I see people do Gamma Tsunami in the corner. What a waste.

GGs Poltergust and Serris. Two Phoenixes in a lobby left me frustrated lol.
Sorry for the lag though, guys.
Oh, that was you? Cool. Good games.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
*useful otg you can combo off of >_>

I didn't think i'd have to be so specific guys =P though yeah I guess I should have been. What I'm trying to say is that if hulk could consistently get full combos off his grabs the way wesker or magneto can, for example, he'd be a much better character.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Everyone can combo Gamma Wave into Gamma Crush lol. Or at least the decent Hulks can. I shake my head whenever I see people do Gamma Tsunami in the corner. What a waste.

Oh, that was you? Cool. Good games.

i do gamm tsu in corner, if you space it right, you get a cr L to gamma hurricane reset off of it. and it generally will do more damage than wave crush.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^^^ yo polt y u no show at zp.

Get some offline experience son.

Then get blown up by flash's iron man and tell me he's horrible. lol jk
I'll go as soon as I get a converter (or maybe you can tell one of your friends to get a converter in the meantime). I am NOT going to play on a 360 pad ever again.

i do gamm tsu in corner, if you space it right, you get a cr L to gamma hurricane reset off of it. and it generally will do more damage than wave crush.
Interesting. Maybe I should try that. Fool people into thinking I'm a scrub Hulk by using Gamma Tsunami in the corner then hit them with the reset. :awesome:

ss118

Smash Master
In the case of Dormammu's combo where you go:

Light, medium, launcher, medium, medium, heay, special, Wesker OTG assist, Launcher, medium, medium, heavy, special, call other assist, dash, flame carpet, [assist hits,] launcher, special, purification, chaotic flame.

What fills the slot for "other assist"? I know Iron Man's unibeam does, but that's it as far as I know. You can also do the "other assist" + flame carpet to launcher first I'm sure and it's probably easier. Regardless, I don't know what assists other than iron man would even let you complete the combo like that.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Top Bottom