• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wolvies funny man. =p No matter what skill level you're at whether it be online scrub, or tournament pro, you always see the same damn combo from wolverine every time. xD

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I don't play wolvie so like, feel free to jump on me if I'm wrong about this!

But I think wolvies BnB is just really good. Too the point where if he did any other combo it would be only slightly better, but would require alot more work. Take for example sentinel. Sure he has a ton of really long more complex combos, but most people even in tourneys just opt for the short and sweet ones because the damage on its just really good. The longer ones have slightly better damage but its just not worth the risk of dropping it. Only time I see any sent player go for the long combos are if phoenix in there team and they want to build meter.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
That wolverine combo gets you about 1 bar and 1/4th meaning if you land it first hit instant DHC to anyone with a Vertical Beam, or Dorm's Stalking fire to Purifications

_Dice

Smash Ace
Jill i think is the highest skill cap character in the game. holy hell it hurts to play her. physically hurts.

M, down down S, down down S, H, down down S, L, M, Down down S, jump, a.M,a.M,a.H,a.S, jump, a.M,a.M,a.H,a.S, jump, a.M,a.M,a.H,a.S, S, super jump, a.M,a.M,a.H,a.S, dragon punch light.

thats her very very beginner combo. if you are good you use one three times longer. with about 16 more feral crouch cancels.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wow, I can barely even do one down down M for an Ammy combo (it took me forever to finish Mission Mode with her, last character I did just because of the weapon change combos).

I can never play Jill. :laugh:

_Dice

Smash Ace
yeah the down down S's are to gain frame advantage so that you can extend the combo further by using a non scaling hitstun move much later on.

pretty much you HAVE to do the crouch cancels quickly or they are pointless.

jills combos have like 20+ 3 frame windows to do inputs in.

she makes up for being the most techincal by being the fastest character in the game, as well as having infinites on everyone (or in some cases, combos into one of her infinites) in theory if jill touches you (which she will, being the fastest character) you should be dead.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Her damage output is not all that high though, right? Still, the fact that she can start the DHC glitch would make that not matter. =P

EDIT: I want MvC2 Jill back (even though that fire shoulder charge move did not make any sense).

_Dice

Smash Ace
Her damage output is not all that high though, right? Still, the fact that she can start the DHC glitch would make that not matter. =P

EDIT: I want MvC2 Jill back (even though that fire shoulder charge move did not make any sense).

her damage output is directly scaling to her difficulty. her very easy combo (that i listed) deals about 420k. her difficult ones are 1 mil pre DHC or obviously once she starts her infinite or combos into it, it's til death on every character

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I still don't get how Viper is able to do like 3 Seismic Hammers per second. Can someone explain to me how you do that?

Yet people still don't use M.O.D.O.K....
Because he's so unconventional. I seriously think that he could be one of the top characters in the game because his damage output (if he has enough Analysis Cubes) can be insane and his Jamming Bomb is broken. I mean, who would think to hold forward to block? And even if you adjust to that, the Jamming Bomb will wear off eventually without warning and now you're not blocking anymore. Ridiculous.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
MODOK will be good in 3 years. I bet.

I still don't get how Viper is able to do like 3 Seismic Hammers per second. Can someone explain to me how you do that?
You cancel the seismo with a jump then cancel the jump with a seismo. Theres no timing to it, you just do it fast.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Wait, what? Don't jumps come out instantly?

you can cancel jumps into special moves pretty much you jump to cancel, and in the few frames that the jump is still on the ground you cancel the jump into a special move.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wait, what? Don't jumps come out instantly?

A good example would be spacies doing double shines in Melee. Do it fast enough and the next move comes out while the character's still on the ground.
This also applies to Dante's bold cancels too.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
and JC grabs in melee too. Where you would buffer a Grab out of a dash while pushing up on the grey stick, so it seems like your character is doing a standing grab but sliding.

Basically in terms of JC grabbing its -> Dash, then ^ and Z at the same time.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
GODDAMN IT.

I just found my collector's edition booklet containing the free download code for Shuma and Jill. I thought I lost it so I ended up buying the DLC characters outright when I had extra cash.

Anybody who wants to use my code just throw me a PM. First come, first serve basis.

Smooth Criminal

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
A good example would be spacies doing double shines in Melee. Do it fast enough and the next move comes out while the character's still on the ground.
This also applies to Dante's bold cancels too.
No, I know what jump cancels are. I just didn't think that you could do them in this game since I thought that jumps come out in frame 1. At least, that's what I thought because I could never ground-grab a constantly jumping character (and grabs come out in 1 frame, right?).

This brings up another question, though. How the heck can you cancel you jump into a Shoryuken motion in what's probably under 5 frames? That just seems impossible to me even though I've seen people do it. :dizzy:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You just do it fast. MvC3 is extremely lenient on your inputs. As long as you kinda do the motion you'll get a seismo. I remember I used to randomly get TKs though.

Now in SSF4, it's way slower, but way, WAY harder on the execution.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This brings up another question, though. How the heck can you cancel you jump into a Shoryuken motion in what's probably under 5 frames? That just seems impossible to me even though I've seen people do it. :dizzy:

There are pre-jump frames for characters. I don't know how many frames it is for MvC3 though.

And you know about tiger kneeing motions, right? Where you do whatever motion you want and then end in uf (up forward)?
So don't input your jump cancel before each seismo, do them after.

So f, d, df, L/M/H, [f, d, df, f, uf, L/M/H]xN. Just repeat whatever's in the brackets.
And if you already knew that, then there's nothing else to it. Like Etwist said, just do it fast.

Edit: BTW, I also think you can't be grabbed during pre-jump frames. I know this applied to 3rd Strike, so it should apply to here too.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
There are pre-jump frames for characters. I don't know how many frames it is for MvC3 though.

And you know about tiger kneeing motions, right? Where you do whatever motion you want and then end in uf (up forward)?
So don't input your jump cancel before each seismo, do them after.

So f, d, df, L/M/H, [f, d, df, f, uf, L/M/H]xN. Just repeat whatever's in the brackets.
And if you already knew that, then there's nothing else to it. Like Etwist said, just do it fast.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yes, that seems very possible to do. I thought that by jump-canceling you meant do the motion -> jump -> do the motion again, but it's actually do the motion -> do the motion again -> jump. Makes a lot more sense.

Another question, do this game have a buffering system? If so, by how many frames?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's possible to cancel Crimson Viper's special attacks (Seismic Hammer/Thunder Knuckle/Burning Kick) by pressing S near the startup anyway. I'm not familiar with the timing for Seismic Hammer's canceling to combo with it, but I like abusing her Thunder Knuckle H cancel loop now. You can even troll people by canceling her Burning Kick in midair over and over to stall over top of hypers.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It shouldn't take over two or three to pass over a character because of the distance it covers. But yeah, unless you include EX Burning Kicks, I think the max is three. I'll have to test it later and double check.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
This is why I dont use Viper. Also, TKing isn't as hard as I thought it use to be. You know what game has a weird buffering system... Mortal Kombat.

ss118

Smash Master
Has anyone researched exactly how many frames of buffering there is in this game?

Also drugged just won a tourney using the Chun Li/ Storm/ Wesker team. ^_^'

There was a stream somewhere. I'll find it when I'm on a computer.

Also I won a set. Funny thing is phoenix didn't win any of my matches because I kept calling her in as an assist/ hard tag her in when I wanted to use or bring in akuma.

:phone:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I think just saying there's a buffer in mvc3 and leaving it at that is misleading; if you're doing a ground string and you just go through lmhs inputs without really timing them, you can rely on the buffer. On the other hand, there are a lot of times where if you just go ahead and press all the inputs earlier, it'll skip inputs because you pressed them during the cool down of another one. I could be wrong, but that's what I've noticed, at least. If you want what feels like a buffer system, play in a few frames of lag.... now *that* feels like a buffer system.

Also, the first 3 frames of a jump still count as a standing guard, and on the 4th frame you have an air guard (high/low doesn't matter). I assume this is the equivalent to a 4 frame startup; becuase you can be hit low on the first three frames while your jump is still activating, I'd assume you can be grabbed as well, although I've never actually tried it. My inclination would be to say you're timing it wrong though, since you only have a 2 frame window for error, unless you spent an extended period of time trying it.

ss118

Smash Master
I think you can buffer directional inputs, otherwise things like the phoenix trap loop in lvl 3 x factor becomes harder since you move back slightly after each one.

Lol you can edit out the phone icon.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think just saying there's a buffer in mvc3 and leaving it at that is misleading; if you're doing a ground string and you just go through lmhs inputs without really timing them, you can rely on the buffer. On the other hand, there are a lot of times where if you just go ahead and press all the inputs earlier, it'll skip inputs because you pressed them during the cool down of another one. I could be wrong, but that's what I've noticed, at least. If you want what feels like a buffer system, play in a few frames of lag.... now *that* feels like a buffer system.
I'm a little confused on what you're saying here, but the game will store inputs for a certain amount of frames.
Another way the game will reset your inputs is after you input a special/hyper.
Also, the first 3 frames of a jump still count as a standing guard, and on the 4th frame you have an air guard (high/low doesn't matter). I assume this is the equivalent to a 4 frame startup; becuase you can be hit low on the first three frames while your jump is still activating, I'd assume you can be grabbed as well, although I've never actually tried it. My inclination would be to say you're timing it wrong though, since you only have a 2 frame window for error, unless you spent an extended period of time trying it.
If MvC3 is like other Capcom fighters, you can not be grabbed on pre-jump frames.
Everyone would just meaty command grab an opponent on their wake-up.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I haven't actually tried it, so I wouldn't know; I was just giving an initial reaction to the question, but okay, good to know.

Also, for the buffering thing... idk, I just don't think mvc3 has as high of a buffer as its being made out to be. Has anyone even tried brawl >_____> ?Also, what I was trying to say is that with things like doing basic light-->medium-->heavy strings, the buffer is very noticeable; on the other hand, the buffering system doesn't influence the game to the extent that you're just buffering all your movement options etc. Look at brawl, where certain things are possible almost solely through buffering... mvc3 doesn't really have that.

Aka, polter, don't treat it like brawl buffering =P It's there, but not nearly the same.

Top Bottom