• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ok Wolverine/Gouki/Phoenix is kind of worth playing.

Only until Wolverine and Phoenix are nerfed and Gouki is nerfed even worse for some reason

:phone:

"needed" lol **** the iPhone autotype

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I think i found something out.. for some odd reason, after I did a Chris L, M, H, -> H, Nade Super I DHC'd to Wesker with his counter, then I did another combo.. and the damage reset on scaling.. I don't know if had something to do with my timing cause I attack maybe like... I want to say 4-5 frames after the Counter whiffed.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Interesting... now can we please find a way to DHC glitch as Spiderman? :(

On another note, I seriously do not see why so many people hate Phoenix:

1. She's not the best character in the game. Her game plan involves too many risks to be the best character. She can get randomed out really easily at nearly any point she is on-screen.
2. She's not even like top 5 in popularity. I've seen twice as many Weskers, Magnetos, Zeros, Wolverines, Sentinels, Dantes, etc. Phoenix is actually pretty fun to fight against since the matches become more tense.
3. You should only really lose to Phoenix players that know what they are doing. Otherwise, snapping her in and killing her shouldn't be too much of a hassle because you are fighting a bad player, right?
4. In my opinion, she does have some pretty tough match-ups like Dormammu, Akuma, and Magneto if they have enough meter (and especially if they have X-Factor).

Yeah, it annoys me to heck whenever people say that others suck for using Phoenix. Sheesh, the characters I like are actually high/top-tier in a fighting game for once and everyone bashes them. >_>

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So many people hate Phoenix because of Dark Phoenix. I don't hate Phoenix, I don't hate Dark Phoenix, I -do-, however, hate XFactor Dark Phoenix. Also, the phoenixes that I hate ARE good players, and as time goes, the people that do use her will be good. Snapping back even a back Phoenix doesn't ensure she dies by the way.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
People hate Phoenix because she's a flip of a ****ing coin. She's really random and even if you're winning, you're not really winning.

That's why vets hate her. They feel like they're losing to PHEONIX, not the person playin her.

And no, they aren't way more Wolvies, Dantes, Weskers, Sents, Zeros, and Mags. Esp. not Zero. It sounds like you're speaking off of netplay. In tournaments Pheonix IS the best and she IS one of the most used.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I think i found something out.. for some odd reason, after I did a Chris L, M, H, -> H, Nade Super I DHC'd to Wesker with his counter, then I did another combo.. and the damage reset on scaling.. I don't know if had something to do with my timing cause I attack maybe like... I want to say 4-5 frames after the Counter whiffed.
Are you sure it was an actual Hitstun/Damage scaling reset? Magic series into super is probably short enough that Wesker could still combo without a reset.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
with dhc trick, magneto all around is big poppa. got that gravity squeeze, mad fast, meter builder not taker, can dhc trick into and out...but out for that meter *****.

phoenix is up there too but the nature in which she affects your team and the "gamble" u take imo makes her 2nd or maybe tied. wesker is like fox just hella good.

I like what u can do with x factor. no chip, instant block stun breaker, combo continuation.

I even like the time limits and the scaling reset. but damage out put is too high in lvl 3 imo. id like to see something other than 1 character being super strong for a third of the match.

:phone:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Are you sure it was an actual Hitstun/Damage scaling reset? Magic series into super is probably short enough that Wesker could still combo without a reset.
Possibly I'll run more test if it works im so maining, Chris, Wesker, Jill

She hulk is gay btw. Gawd she's so good. lol, oh and ammy too.. Both are so good.. Im trying out everyone in MVC3 cept phoenix.

ss118

Smash Master
Hey guys. I don't really post on this forum in general, but when I do I usually pop in here. I've read through the last ~200 pages of this, so sorry if this was mentioned in the initial ~349 or something.

I was looking around the cast for people to use on my team because... well, my first issue has always been that I've never dedicated myself to a team. I've generally always used Zero/ Wesker/ Dormammu, but I feel limited by Dorm and I feel limited by Zero since I don't find it easy to charge his buster and play at the same time(and even comboing is tricky). This is because I play on pad, but I've considered playing on a stick so that may change.

Anyone, I came across a character I found interested because of her mix-up game and general aerial-play. That would be Chun Li.

Now unfortunately if I want to get serious about this game at all I have to play Drugged Fox, whom I find more fun to watch play rather than play because of the skill difference(I'll take him in melee though ;P). I'm still working on the basic mechanics of fighting games, but he seemed interested in Chun Li once I showed him how you can instant overhead with down a.B, and cancel that into a jump into a dash to change momentum easily and slightly combat advancing guard. He became so fixated by her, in fact, that he has picked her up quickly and has so far perfected a standard combo(without looking for on online) that builds 1.8 meters by itself and can end with 740,000 on average(if he wants to burn 2 meter).

**** I gtg for a bit but I can put up the team and introduce some synergies.

Chun Li/ Storm/ Wesker.

Chun Li + Storm do really well THCing because Hail Storm picks up the opponent and Chun Li hits them, and since her super lasts so long and ends with a launcher, allowing for another full combo. Furthermore, you can actually do basic combo into team aerial combo down or up into wesker OTG for a DHC glitch back to Chun for a combo that does exactly 1.1 mil damage. Meaning Wesker dies if the user gets greedy enough. ^_^

Wesker with lvl 3 x-factor is always amazing, and even without Chun Storm + Wesker is an amzing combo, being able to create unblockables easily and the DHC glitch meaning one touch deaths.

Finally, Tornado assist is ok with Wesker and amazing with Chun Li; at the beginning of the match it does a good job in pushing the opponent to the corner, letting Chun Li do what she does best; pressure and mix-ups while being overall safe on block.

Please discuss and help us to make the team better; our only issue with it is while we think it does the best in bringing out the epicness that is Chun Li, we find it hard to believe that Magneto(who drugged uses on his main team) wouldn't do a better job, and that she herself is the weakness to the team(despite being the focal point).

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
ss118, Drugged Fox actually knocked me out of CEO lol. I'm thankful to him for letting me use his converter throughout most of my pools matches, even though it was a bit of a hassle to find another one when we fought each other. :laugh:

And no, they aren't way more Wolvies, Dantes, Weskers, Sents, Zeros, and Mags. Esp. not Zero. It sounds like you're speaking off of netplay. In tournaments Pheonix IS the best and she IS one of the most used.
What I said is based both on online and off my tournament experience so far. At CEO, I only fought like 3 Phoenix players in friendlies and I don't think I even fought one in tournament (and I played like 6 or 7 matches in the pools bracket). Just about everyone I faced was guaranteed to have at least two of the characters mentioned above on their team, including Zero.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Interesting... now can we please find a way to DHC glitch as Spiderman? :(
I think it's really dumb that he doesn't have one. Especially have DHCs that look like they should be initiating the DHC trick.
On another note, I seriously do not see why so many people hate Phoenix:

1. She's not the best character in the game. Her game plan involves too many risks to be the best character. She can get randomed out really easily at nearly any point she is on-screen.
I think she's the best. Sure she can get randomed out, but if I'm hoping to take her down solely based on trying to get a random hit (when she doesn't have 5 bars or isn't DP yet) that still sucks. And she's the best strictly due to how good DP is.
2. She's not even like top 5 in popularity. I've seen twice as many Weskers, Magnetos, Zeros, Wolverines, Sentinels, Dantes, etc. Phoenix is actually pretty fun to fight against since the matches become more tense
She's fairly popular, I'd say. And don't get me wrong, I like the uphill battle on fighting high tiers. I've experienced it a lot in BBCS1 and 3rd Strike, but facing Dark Phoenix isn't fun in that same tense way for me. She can random me out way more easily in DP than when I can random her out. It's not fun when it's practically a coin toss with little to no skill involved.
3. You should only really lose to Phoenix players that know what they are doing. Otherwise, snapping her in and killing her shouldn't be too much of a hassle because you are fighting a bad player, right?
Level 3 XF DP with jab combos and traps to teleports can go a long way, imo.
4. In my opinion, she does have some pretty tough match-ups like Dormammu, Akuma, and Magneto if they have enough meter (and especially if they have X-Factor).
People will always hate top tier characters, even if they have bad matchups.
That's just how it is. :ohwell:
Yeah, it annoys me to heck whenever people say that others suck for using Phoenix
Ignore them since they don't matter.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Hmm, poltergust I think there were a good bit of phoenixes in our pool... I just got them all (had like 4 in a row) >____> Btw, I ended up getting 3rd in our pool; I actually ended up beating song/akumamatata, kinda salty about not getting top 16 though :mad:

That said, I do honestly think there are way more magnetos and weskers than there are phoenixes, judging by the casuals and tournament matches I played. Btw, I'd suggest learning a 360 pad... having to deal with the lag that comes along with the converter really hurts your blocking game. I was getting hit by a lot of stuff that I don't normally get hit by solely because the block switch on crossups took that much longer to register. I'm probably going to ditch the converter and just deal with the 360 pad whenever I get access to learn one... or maybe I'll just go to ps3 only tournies =P

Random question for everyone... why does everyone get so salty about wolverine/wesker/ammy but no one cares when they lose to magneto? Specific tier list placing aside (I think mags is the best, but w/e its debatable) I think most people can agree magneto's roughly in the same (top) tier as those other characters, and whenever I play him I'm always like "damn I'm broken :awesome:". Nobody gets salty about dante either, for that matter. Does a tiny bit of extra execution required to play dante/magneto all of a sudden make it that much easier to not get mad about?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Magnetos just harder to play. That's the only reason. ROM isn't braindead easy like most combos in this game.

And he's MAG ****IN NETO

Dante on the other hand just isn't broken. He's good but he's easily beatable.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Rofl sentinel; I would by sympathetic with that, except that I play sentinel and always get mad at how much *** he is on point >_> Though i can appreciate the stupidity behind a couple bs guesses --> dead team.

@twists, yeah I figure its just the difficulty, its just that I feel that the execution difference between taking 2 days or 2 months to master a character's technical skill is negligible for any game that's going to last for a significant period of time; two months and two days are gonna feel no different when you've been playing the game for a couple years.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
People will always like the more technical character (except for Viper in SF4, people hate her). It's just more fun to watch these difficult things being done rather than things that you could learn in 10 mins. But even then Magneto is easymode compared to any other FG. lol

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
As mentioned earlier, I still believe Phoenix is the best character in this game. Yeah, she's a risk,-- a pretty iffy-ish risk if you ask me-- but there's no denying that she has some of the best tools to her advantage in this game. Problem with most Phoenix teams is the terribad players don't know how to manage with 'Phoenix' at all, just Dark Phoenix abuse. In fact, I'm sure about 70% of the players who claim to use Phoenix teams don't even know how to manage with her whatsoever aside from spamming TK shots. She's like the Meta Knight of Marvel.

Dark Phoenix has superior chip damage, damage output and pressure options when compared to the rest of the cast though.

That being said, I stopped using Phoenix in my primary team.

C.Viper : Blazing Kick
Wesker : Ghost Butterfly
Dormammu : Dark Hole

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Btw, I'd suggest learning a 360 pad... having to deal with the lag that comes along with the converter really hurts your blocking game. I was getting hit by a lot of stuff that I don't normally get hit by solely because the block switch on crossups took that much longer to register. I'm probably going to ditch the converter and just deal with the 360 pad whenever I get access to learn one... or maybe I'll just go to ps3 only tournies =P
I've tried, but I simply cannot get those stupid Shoryuken motions on a 360 pad (especially the left one). Heck, I can barely super-jump with a 360 pad. The control stick is just awkward to me.

With a PS3 controller, I can get all the motions almost consitently (with the D-pad being used for the left Shoryuken motion). I'm fine with the extra bit of lag as long as my execution remains good.

By the way, finally learning some sword combos with Ammy. Once I do that my team can actually be decent since Ammy was by far the weakest member compared to Hulk and Phoenix.

I also beaten Mission Mode 100% (minus the DLC characters). ^_^

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
At this point, I honestly think Wolverine is worse than Phoenix. High skill floor, low skill ceiling. There's just too many brain-dead inputs for too much damage. No, really. Play someone who doesn't just do Wolverine's BnB repeatedly and actually has somewhat of an idea of what they're doing.

Top Bottom