• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Personally, I found Weasel Shot a bit more useful than Crystal when it comes to Wesker's Phantom Move mixups, but I guess it just depends on what you feel more comfortable with. The timing with Weasel Shot seems more convenient to me for high/low mixups. lol

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Dark Phoenix mid-screen combo on fatties without X-Factor:
A.H > A.S > M > C.M > H >C.H > F.H > S > A.M > A.M > A.H > A.F.H > A.H > A.S > Jump > A.TK Shot L > TK Overdrive H > Phoenix Rage

Anyone who plays Hulk, Sentinel, Haggar, or Thor, I'm coming for you. Speaking of which, anyone want to play?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I keep hitting triangle and circle at the same time and it's screwing me over. Goddamnit.

EDIT: 7-6. Good games, Minato. You would have had me if you hadn't burned off your X-Factor with Ryu on Deadpool.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I keep hitting triangle and circle at the same time and it's screwing me over. Goddamnit.

EDIT: 7-6. Good games, Minato. You would have had me if you hadn't burned off your X-Factor with Ryu on Deadpool.
GGs, I thought I had more meter so that was bad on my part.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I am finding catching Dante's teleport easier and easier these days.

Also I've been catching a lot of peoples cross ups with Sents crouching M/S recently.

Especially Spencer, Wesker, Zero and Magneto.

Wolvie is still a pain in the ***, the hitbox on his dive kick is silly and every move he has trades :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm surprised I didn't lose more with Phoenix on point against Dante. Miracles.
I mashed too much at the wrong time and approached your characters unsafely.
It's a bad habit I do online. :(

Can't wait until WNF comes back. I want to actually enter something and see how I do.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I mashed too much at the wrong time and approached your characters unsafely.
It's a bad habit I do online. :(

Can't wait until WNF comes back. I want to actually enter something and see how I do.
Remember all those seemingly random Phoenix Rages that wound up getting me killed? Accidentally pressing triangle and circle at the same time FTW. Also, is it sad that I seriously didn't know how to air-dash diagonally until five days ago?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Air dashing diagonally to extend combos is the hardest thing to do on a controller , after backwards super jumping.

This is why my Padneto didn't work out too well :(

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I have a stick, I just suck at the game :(

Anybody wanna play? AE is already pissing me off, so why not get pissed off at MvC3 while I'm at it? I'll probably be on for another 90-120 minutes or so.

PSN: NiightShade-

EDIT: Last night, I went 4-10 against Minato. But really though, it was going to be 3-11, until Level 3 Dark Phoenix swept his whole team in like 10 seconds... GGs!

Those Dante combos take forever to finish. Your Zero is incredible also. That Akuma assist... Not sure how I feel about that.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

Also I've been catching a lot of peoples cross ups with Sents crouching M/S recently.

Especially Spencer, Wesker, Zero and Magneto.

Wolvie is still a pain in the ***, the hitbox on his dive kick is silly and every move he has trades :(
I watch for dante to crouch and I usually know he is gonna teleport...either full screen, or after some projectile or assist.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Also I've been catching a lot of peoples cross ups with Sents crouching M/S recently
Don't do crouching M/S against a good Dante offline though. Those moves aren't fast enough and will only catch a mashing Dante (after teleport). Dante's Hammer should go through those cleanly unless you did a psychic S or something.

I remember Savon doing Arthur's S whenever I teleported. That's actually legit since I tested it.
EDIT: Last night, I went 4-10 against Minato. But really though, it was going to be 3-11, until Level 3 Dark Phoenix swept his whole team in like 10 seconds... GGs!

Those Dante combos take forever to finish. Your Zero is incredible also. That Akuma assist... Not sure how I feel about that.
GGs, those are actually my short Dante/Zero combos XD. You don't want to see how long they really are lol. And I'm mad I pulled off Crazy Dance to DHC glitch but dropped the combo when I was Zero. :-/ Oh well, I'm still happy I got a one frame link on lag by guessing.

I honestly try not to use Zero a lot online though. His mixups are just dumb, online.
I'm done. I'm not even going to pretend that I still like this game :/

Back to good MvC 2
I'll start playing MvC3 a lot more if either Hsien-Ko becomes good, or Strider or Jedah makes it in.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Decided to mess around in training mode a bit today since I was in the mood. I went and added assists to extend Dante's combo in the middle like in AvariceX's video. Now it helped me get Dante in the corner which sets up an easier DHC to Rekkoha. Plus I'm gaining almost 3 meters this way while DHCing for at least a million damage.

Crazy stuff. Glad I'm able to do this since I don't like using the DHC trick with Dante and Zero due to its problems.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
SAME

Strider and Jedah were my biggest choices and I was the most hype for Sent and Lei-lei (but one sucks and ones boring).
God, two of my faves made unfun in the same reveal. I'm sure they would have ****ed over Cyclops and Strider Hiryu too.

Amusingly enough, Phoenix is actually one of the best things this game does right. <3 Jean

Savon

Smash Ace
Totally off-topic but I do not care. Friday was my 18th birthday and I totally got drunk for the first time and it was the best **** ever. No lie. I wanna see what it is like to play Marvel/Brawl drunk now.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I was drinking absinthe one night and completed 95% of all the MvC3 challenges effortlessly. That was before I felt comfortable with any of the characters too. Lol.

Absinthe makes you feel aroused and alert as **** though, so that's probably why.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Phoenix mid-screen combo against Haggar, Hulk, Sentinel, and Thor for 588,700:
Jump > Air Dash > Air M > Air S > Land > Crouching M > S > Air M > Air H > Burn Out Beak > Land > TK Trap L > Jump > Air M > Air H > Air S > Land > Jump > Air TK Shot L > Land > TK Overdrive H > Phoenix Rage

Phoenix mid-screen combo against everyone else for 571,000:
Jump > Air Dash > Air S > Land > Crouching M > Crouching H > S > Air M > Air H > Burn Out Beak > Land > TK Trap L > Jump > Air M > Air H > Air S > Land > Jump > Air TK Shot L > Land > TK Overdrive H > Phoenix Rage

Phoenix corner combo against everyone for 599,400 (1,338,200 at X-Factor level 3):
Jump > Air Dash > Air H > Burn Out Beak > Land > M > H > Flare Sword > S > Air M > Air H > Burn Out Beak > Land > TK Trap L > Jump > Air M > Air H > Air S > Land > Jump > Air TK Shot L > Land > Flare Sword > S > Air M > Air H > Air Phoenix Rage

They see me trollin'... they hatin'...
Frankly, I'm just impressed I managed to pull this off on a DualShock 3 directional pad. Tested against Sentinel, Wolverine, and Viewtiful Joe.

_Dice

Smash Ace
ALWAYS test a combo vs shuma, he flops out of the weirdest things. and you don't want to lose a game because of it. for instance he flops out of sentinels hyper sentinel force.

Top Bottom