• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You shouldn't be. Marvel 3 is pretty easy.
The thumb pain makes it less easy.

And has no execution barrier, at all.

Get more input buffer and doesn't afraid of anything.
That's what I did. Even so, jump to air TK Shot L is a ***** to pull off mid-combo.

ALWAYS test a combo vs shuma, he flops out of the weirdest things. and you don't want to lose a game because of it. for instance he flops out of sentinels hyper sentinel force.
I haven't bothered getting the DLC characters.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Marvel is pretty lenient on the execution, but so are most fighters nowadays.

I'd even say that it's probably the easiest fighter to pick up and play.

Smooth Criminal

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i still gotta get tiger knee tron drill down :\

its not even tiger knee motion lol its just weird ughh

i dont have the game so dont make fun of me if its actually easy

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Tiger kneeing is mad easy on stick so is like all the things you guys said xD. I lost my mojo on mvc3 cause I've been on Yun status since AE release.

So I noticed that in mvc2 I used Cable/CapCom in MVC3 I use Chris/Dante Jam session. LULZ

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
how lame is it if i watch mvc3 videos of falcomist and comment "that ain't falco"?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just got back from my friend's place after a session of MvC3. My win ratio with him is pretty much the same as last time (me losing 90 percent of the time). Each match pretty much ends after 3 combos on both sides with our teams. It's just that I keep dropping mine. :ohwell:

_Dice

Smash Ace
Just got back from my friend's place after a session of MvC3. My win ratio with him is pretty much the same as last time (me losing 90 percent of the time). Each match pretty much ends after 3 combos on both sides with our teams. It's just that I keep dropping mine. :ohwell:
whats your team? and i'm assuming he DHC tricks because of the 1 touch kills (unless your team is terribly low health),

which means you need to do short snapback combos more often to mix up the order and make DHC tricking alot more difficult.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
whats your team? and i'm assuming he DHC tricks because of the 1 touch kills (unless your team is terribly low health),

which means you need to do short snapback combos more often to mix up the order and make DHC tricking alot more difficult.
My team has low health (Dante/Zero/Akuma), but it doesn't really matter. His team will never run out of meter and everyone DHCs perfectly with each other for one touch kills or resets without the DHC trick. His resets and 50/50 mixups are top notch and I've posted videos of tourneys he was at in the past. I would not be surprised if he gets first at WNFs when that returns.

I just need to get better at blocking to be honest.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
*weird comic*
Jokes aside, Spiderman and Deadpool really do go well together in this game. I've actually managed to get that Katana-rama Assist -> Web Ball L -> Ultimate Web Throw reset down. Doesn't work against characters that can double-jump, though. I was shocked that I missed Sentinel. :(

By the way, I went to CEO for both Brawl and Marvel. I didn't have a converter, so I had to borrow one each time I played lol. I think I got 7th or 9th in my pool, which isn't too bad considering it's my first tournament and I've only owned the game for a little less than a month now. I had a lot of fun regardless. =)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Jokes aside, Spiderman and Deadpool really do go well together in this game. I've actually managed to get that Katana-rama Assist -> Web Ball L -> Ultimate Web Throw reset down. Doesn't work against characters that can double-jump, though. I was shocked that I missed Sentinel. :(

By the way, I went to CEO for both Brawl and Marvel. I didn't have a converter, so I had to borrow one each time I played lol. I think I got 7th or 9th in my pool, which isn't too bad considering it's my first tournament and I've only owned the game for a little less than a month now. I had a lot of fun regardless. =)

Sent can hard drive out of the reset 100% of the time. Never do it against a sent.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Got it, I'll just do a Crawler Assault or something lol.

What characters is it guaranteed on? Also, what characters is it almost guaranteed on without having to do some sort of complicated motion to escape it?

EDIT: I'm going to take a wild guess at what characters it can work on.

Captain America - Can't escape it.
Deadpool - Has a double-jump and can also DHC out.
Doctor Doom - Can DHC out.
Dormammu - He has an air dash and teleport, but are they fast enough?
Hulk - Can't escape it.
Iron Man - No clue. I'm guessing he can't escape it.
Magneto - Can air dash or DHC out.
M.O.D.O.K. - Can DHC out... I think.
Phoenix - Can air dash, DHC, or teleport. But why would you want to use a reset on Phoenix, anyways? >_>
Sentinel - Can double-jump or Hard Drive out. One of the few characters that doesn't even need to DHC their super.
She-Hulk - No idea. I'm going for not escaping it.
Shuma Gorath - This guy's weird. I can't tell.
Spider-Man - Can DHC out, or maybe he can just use Maximum Spider by itself...?
Storm - Can air dash or DHC out.
Super Skrull - Uh, how does this guy's supers work?
Taskmaster - Can DHC out.
Thor - Can air dash (maybe) or DHC out.
Wolverine - Can DHC out.
X-23 - I don't think she can escape it.
Akuma - Can DHC out.
Amaterasu - Can DHC out, or maybe Okami Shuffle works by itself.
Arthur - He has a double jump, but I don't think it goes high enough.
C. Viper - Can double jump out.
Chris Redfield - Can't escape it.
Chun-Li - Can maybe double-jump out? Same case as Arthur.
Dante - He could probably teleport out, but if it's too slow then he can't get out of it.
Felicia - Can't escape it... maybe. What about her wall jump?
Haggar - Can't escape it.
Hsien-Ko - Can't escape it.
Jill Valentine - Once again, I have no idea.
Morrigan - Can DHC out. Heck, she can use her Level 3 for the lulz.
Ryu - Can DHC out.
Spencer - Can't escape it.
Trish - Can DHC out.
Tron Bonne - Can't escape it.
Viewtiful Joe - I think Six Machine has enough invincibility to get through Ultimate Web Throw. Otherwise he can just DHC out.
Wesker - He has a teleport, but I think it's too slow. He can always just DHC out, though.
Zero - Perhaps he can use his "teleport"?

Yeah, that's what I think.

L__

Smash Master
http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/...rooooooow-everything-you-want-to-know.131660/

if you don't want to look:

ULTIMATE WEB THROW SETUP ESCAPES

Skrull - M_H Tenderizer (better) or Infernoooooo!!
Capt.America - UAD glitch, M
Taskmaster - UAD glitch, M or arrow hyper
Dante - Air qcf+L
Spiderman - Maximum Spider
Wesker - Maximum Wesker or teleport with L
Storm, Magneto, Dormamu, Doom, Ironman, Thor, Trish, MODOK - AD Up
C.Viper - AD Up (I didn't group Viper with the other Airdashers because it seems to only work if you tap Up,Up. if you mash u+AtK+Atk like you can with other Airdashers, it doesn't work, or at least I can't get it to)
Deadpool, Chun-Li, V.Joe, Arthur - Double Jump up
Zero - qcb+H (more consistent) or qcb+L (harder)
Sentinel - Double Jump Up or Hard Drive
Wolverine - Drill Claw towards Spiderman
Phoenix - Phoenix Flame Hyper (why are you doing this setup on Phoenix anyway?!)
Hulk - Air S (will hit spiderman into a S launch combo)
Ammy - Dive Kick
Jill - Air S
X-23 - L_M_H Talon Attack (the M and H one will hit Spiderman, but the L one lands you on the ground, avoiding the setup)
Shuma-Gorath - u+H (avoids the UWT and lands you on the ground) or Air qcf+M_H (hits Spiderman)

Spencer - qcf+L (semi-strict timing, hits Spiderman and gives Spencer free combo...BIONIIIC....!!!)
Morrigan - M_H Air Shadow Blade (semi-strict timing)
Chris - Air d+H (very strict timing, this moves Chris closer to the ground so he can land before UWT comes out, but most of the time, Chris is screwed)

Haggar - No escape found (if Spiderman catches with Weblock high enough, Haggar cannot escape at all. very rarely can use Air M if the height is too low, but pretty much not gonna happen..)
Ryu - Air Shinkuu-Hadoken (strict timing)(another note: the escape with Air S that you see in the japanese video is wrong. at the correct height, Ryu cannot escape with this option. must time the Air Shinkuu)
Akuma - No escape found (because Akuma's Air Shinkuu Hadoken tilts downwards, it doesn't hit spiderman like Ryu's does; Akuma cannot escape)
She-Hulk - No escape found (can UAD glitch, but doesn't have an attack fast enough to hit/avoid spiderman)
Tron - No escape found (Air Drill move and Air M come really close, but it never hits)
Felicia - No escape found
Hsien-Ko - No escape found

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
L, if Akuma has enough time to get his beam super out, shouldn't he have enough time to DHC out of it?

Also, what's the UAD glitch?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Unless you're planning on anchoring with Spider-Man, trade Amaterasu for someone with an OTG assist to get the most out of him. Deadpool's Katana-Rama assist is a fantastic choice, but X-23's Ankle Slice is passable, and she builds meter faster when she's on the field. The second option you presented has two meter hogs on the same team, which is never a good thing. Try switching it around a little.

Spider-Man (α)/Deadpool (β) or X-23 (β)/Taskmaster (β)

This team configuration would be ideal, because Taskmaster can already score 1,100,000 damage without X-Factor and end up with a net gain of one meter. Gives you a good anchor and the freedom to use hyper combos with Spider-Man and Deadpool/X-23.

Top Bottom