• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

_Dice

Smash Ace
I actually know plenty of UWT setups. The problem is a large majority of the cast can actually escape fairly easily. For the most part I already know all the chars I can kill in a combo without the use of UTW and in tourney situations its just personal preference but I would rather not take the chance just to save 1 meter.

He did get a lot of buffs. He's def not as abysmal as he was in MvC2. The problem is though unless you build a team completely around him he is a fairly sub-par. Poor assists, MS doesn't DHC well, overly reliant on OTG assists, etc.
at least web ball assist is a slow moving projectile allowing some characters to get in behind it. and you can get around using OTG assists with spiderman, he is one of the few characters with a ground bounce AND wall bounce and i've yet to see combos with him that combine the two.

for instance you can Dragon punch Light spider sting and continue a ground combo into qcf L web ball which combos into his crawler assault, which is a strong wall bounce, allowing him to continue the ground combo until he decides to launch in which case you can do an air string into maximum spider, which SHOULD provide quite a bit of damage and power, the same as an OTG + wall bounce (wesker) character or ground bounce + OTG (pheonix) character.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Im Chris Redfield... Boulder Killer...

ANY 360 player wants to mvc3 I got a friend who afked but left his room open for me so I can connect with people finally

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Thanks to my epic ingenuity, my PS3 is able to connect to the internet again. Smooth Criminal, expect a friend invitation from Herple-Derples. I think we should get a lobby together tonight. I'll be in the chat.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
at least web ball assist is a slow moving projectile allowing some characters to get in behind it. and you can get around using OTG assists with spiderman, he is one of the few characters with a ground bounce AND wall bounce and i've yet to see combos with him that combine the two.

for instance you can Dragon punch Light spider sting and continue a ground combo into qcf L web ball which combos into his crawler assault, which is a strong wall bounce, allowing him to continue the ground combo until he decides to launch in which case you can do an air string into maximum spider, which SHOULD provide quite a bit of damage and power, the same as an OTG + wall bounce (wesker) character or ground bounce + OTG (pheonix) character.
What are the numbers you are pulling with these combo's? The main problem I'm seeing is that it burns two meters and it doesn't incorporate web throws which does 150k unscaled damage per throw. In general I do 830k per meter with spidey (1mil with DHC) incorporating a OTG. I probably pull around 700k without an OTG which is a big difference in trying to 1 hit a 1 mil health char.

You are failing to see the much bigger picture. Without a fast OTG assist spiderman cannot set up 1 hit kill UTW setups (She-hulk and Tron cannot escape correct setups). Also you won't be able to combo off random air throws and say goodbye to throw related resets in general.

As far as his assists go if you can make the web ball is decent. I always preferred the webswing though because it works as a ghetto combo extender

_Dice

Smash Ace
Well i think the damage would be similiar if you do it right, and also I'm almost completely certain that you can DHC trick from maximum spider into a few supers which easily allows 1 touch kill combos, especially after a long chain of attacks. for instance if you deal 600k without assists and 1 bar, then the next character only has to deal 500k and if it's wesker, sentinel, pheonix, wolverine ect that hardly seems to be an issue.

and the difference between 830k and 700k when trying to 1 touch kill a character is not important, both are failing if they have 1 million health. and allowing your team flexibility to use DHC tricks and unblockable setups as well as just overall very strong character setups is probably more valuable overall.

thats not to say DON't use otg assists, but saying he NEEDs them is definitely untrue, considering he has the standard 2 combo extension methods key to most higher tier characters

To be honest the numbers i'm getting is about 500k without using the crawler assault into air combo into maximum. since i'm still working on the combo, i've only spent a couple hours on it :( i'll let you know exact numbers in a bit. but try that DHC trick, i know Maximum is a capture state, but i don't know what timing you need to DHC into another super to continue the combo.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Well i think the damage would be similiar if you do it right, and also I'm almost completely certain that you can DHC trick from maximum spider into a few supers which easily allows 1 touch kill combos, especially after a long chain of attacks. for instance if you deal 600k without assists and 1 bar, then the next character only has to deal 500k and if it's wesker, sentinel, pheonix, wolverine ect that hardly seems to be an issue.

and the difference between 830k and 700k when trying to 1 touch kill a character is not important, both are failing if they have 1 million health. and allowing your team flexibility to use DHC tricks and unblockable setups as well as just overall very strong character setups is probably more valuable overall.

thats not to say DON't use otg assists, but saying he NEEDs them is definitely untrue, considering he has the standard 2 combo extension methods key to most higher tier characters

To be honest the numbers i'm getting is about 500k without using the crawler assault into air combo into maximum. since i'm still working on the combo, i've only spent a couple hours on it :( i'll let you know exact numbers in a bit. but try that DHC trick, i know Maximum is a capture state, but i don't know what timing you need to DHC into another super to continue the combo.
I remember reading that MS is the only cinematic super in the game that does not trigger the DHC glitch. Maybe there is some convoluted way to activate it with him but so far I don't know anything. I would be extremely happy if I was wrong though.

The difference between 830k and 700k is huge. My DHC only need to do around 170k to kill yours needs to do 300k. With Dorms DHC you can do this.

The reason I'm putting so much emphasis on 1 hit kills is because Spidey has a hard time getting a clean hit. He's not like Wolv/Wesker who have powerful left/right games and who easily setup for resets.

Of course you can always try to run a team without an OTG assist. Maybe I'm overlooking something but for the most part you give up to much by not having one.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Take Dark Phoenix. Give her a level 3 hyper with invincibility frames. You now have Arthur with King's Armor at level 3 X-Factor.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I remember reading that MS is the only cinematic super in the game that does not trigger the DHC glitch. Maybe there is some convoluted way to activate it with him but so far I don't know anything. I would be extremely happy if I was wrong though.

The difference between 830k and 700k is huge. My DHC only need to do around 170k to kill yours needs to do 300k. With Dorms DHC you can do this.

The reason I'm putting so much emphasis on 1 hit kills is because Spidey has a hard time getting a clean hit. He's not like Wolv/Wesker who have powerful left/right games and who easily setup for resets.

Of course you can always try to run a team without an OTG assist. Maybe I'm overlooking something but for the most part you give up to much by not having one.
well as far as damage and combo time goes, there are three combo extension methods, all equally as good at raising damage output, however the situation you use it in differs.

Ground bounce, Wall bounce, OTG. you are using ground bounce and OTG, spiderman naturally has ground bounce and wall bounce, and if you use crawler assault mid combo to extend a combo (via the wall bounce on the final hit) its JUST as good as using an OTG assist as far as pure damage output goes, however it's BETTER than OTG since it's unrecoverable knockdown that allows you to link to heavy/specials/web ball heavy, so you theoretically should be able to deal even more damage because of that.

Um just try to use crawler assault as a combo extension before you would need an OTG.

And i thought i saw that maximum spider can DHC trick if you do it after all the random hits, but before the final kick There was like a window there.

and yeah arthur is THE single best anchor in the game.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
A good method is to combo a character into the level 3 xfactor during level 3 then golden armor, throw axe, then lvl1 bracelet or do one of arthur loops, . Arthur is a really good character, he just is a hard character to use efficiently and has some bad match-ups.

Arthur doesn't have a teleport, so his approaches are not really safe; however, he has amazing supers and the best projectile game. What makes him even better is that his assist are one of the best in the game. What keeps him from being high or top tier is that he doesn't have the speed needed to fight some characters and he has low health.

Phoenix is a broken character, but Arthur is a good character. Another good thing for Arthur is that, he is the worst matchup for a phoenix player. All of Arthur projectiles ***** phoenix and anytime phoenix approaches or mash a button, she dies to a level 3. (level 3 has invincibility during the whole super and 2 seconds after it ends.)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

And i thought i saw that maximum spider can DHC trick if you do it after all the random hits, but before the final kick There was like a window there.
No. It has the tumble animation like you would see from other supers incorporating the DHC glitch, but Maximum Spider does not trigger the hitstun/damage reset.

Savon

Smash Ace
Not when you jump and shoot arrows. Also, Arthur can punish pretty much any hyper with his level 3. Dorm has not given my Arthur any real trouble.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Honestly Dorm could just wait out gold armor and kill him in one combo if he has the meter. lol

I still think Arthur is 2nd worst in the game or so. He's just not that threatening (relative to the cast).
Anchor or not, it's not that hard to counter him if you played smart and kept your X Factor.
It's not like Arthur's going to mix you up anyways.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Arthur is pretty bad of a character, but that doesn't change that he is the best anchor in the game.

dorms ball doesn't go through arthurs lvl 3. but yeah arthur can beat any character in the game when anchoring, otherwise he does have issues.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
Arthur can keep away almost the whole cast. The characters that are bad matchups for Arthur are:
Akuma, Ryu, Dormammu, and Magneto.

Arthur have way to approaches, if he sends the sword and then super jumps he can create a crossup or an unblock-able. He can punish anything with lvl3 and Arthur with Xfactor gain a big speed boost. His medium attack blocks most projectile and physical all attacks even if they have super armor, and his shield opens up the person.

What arthur suffers is that he can't otg or super from his throw unless he has an assist. Ways to fight against laser is super jumping with the gold armor and sending the arrows and sword and approaching.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Graduated high school today! Time to celebrate with some Marvel. Anyone want to play?
Congratulations! How was the graduation ceremony? Did you sit outside in the blaring heat while the principle gives a ridiculously long speech that skews off to so many more topics than just the future of the students?

"I'm proud of these students... but RACISM IS STILL STRONG IN THIS WORLD."
-My principle on our graduation

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm not too sure about Magneto, but Wesker's a no brainer. Zero, possibly.

Dorm's got the Flame Carpet to help control most characters on the ground. And if they try to approach by super jumping in the air, he can punish with a Stalking Flare. Even if they guard it, you get a nice amount of chip damage and three more spell charges.

The way I see it, Dorm should be played around forcing the opponent into the air. That's the easiest way to set up options to help rebuild his meter. The only problem is characters who have quick diagonal air shots like Wesker making it difficult for him.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Subject: thank you..

for showing me a real phoenix gg!

I managed to get three friend requests and a complimentary message for playing Phoenix on point in a public lobby. Wat.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The things discussed in this thread confuses me as of late. It's like I'm playing a different game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Oh, so you are playing again? :V
Yep, just so I can get my *** handed to me when I go to WNF.

Serious answer though, kinda. I haven't played much lately due to concentrating on finals.
So I haven't played as much as I would like to help me prepare for a tourney.
That's probably because you're not playing Marvel, amirite? :cool:
That too. lol

Top Bottom