• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Found a Dark Phoenix corner combo that will zero-to-death the entire cast without X-Factor:

Air Dash > Air H > Air S > Air H > Air S > M > Crouching M > H > Crouching H > Forward H > S > Air M > Air M > Air H > Air Forward H > Air H > Air S > Jump > Air TK Shot L > S > Air M > Air M > Air H > Air Forward H > Air TK Shot L > Air Phoenix Rage

Comes to 1,298,400 damage.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Because it's extremely hard for me to nail the timing of the second air H unless I approach with an air dashing H.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's ground-to-air with a relaunch after the Air TK Shot L OTG. The air dashing H that starts the combo is an overhead approach.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Phoenix has difficulty landing her a.H without an air dash anyway. Most of the hitbox is behind her, iirc. It works really well after an airdash or if you go directly over them with a foward H. Pretty nice crossup too.

Then again, this is Dark Phoenix we're talking about. lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i was super impressed with jwong

too godlike at this game

i wanna see him play combofiend again

_Dice

Smash Ace
so spiderman has some awesome combosi can't execute it enough to see how long i can make it just yet but
Cr L, cr M, cr H, qcf L, L,M,H, Dragon punch L, H, cr L, cr M, cr H, qcf L, L,M,H, (it DOES link into launcher from here but i dunno how far i can take it in the corner while on the ground from this, my execution tends to fall apart here) i should see if i can go into another qcf L after the last heavy, would let me use a super to end it.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
so spiderman has some awesome combosi can't execute it enough to see how long i can make it just yet but
Cr L, cr M, cr H, qcf L, L,M,H, Dragon punch L, H, cr L, cr M, cr H, qcf L, L,M,H, (it DOES link into launcher from here but i dunno how far i can take it in the corner while on the ground from this, my execution tends to fall apart here) i should see if i can go into another qcf L after the last heavy, would let me use a super to end it.
looks like more hassle then its worth honestly. Seems like you'd be better off doing standard webswing -> spidersting -> launch combo's. Carries chars to the corner faster and sets up for easy OTG's.

Congratulations to Brightside for developing a fanbase on GameFAQs.
oh god. the second they find out I was originally a melee player I'll lose all my street cred

_Dice

Smash Ace
looks like more hassle then its worth honestly. Seems like you'd be better off doing standard webswing -> spidersting -> launch combo's. Carries chars to the corner faster and sets up for easy OTG's.

oh god. the second they find out I was originally a melee player I'll lose all my street cred
Day 1 spiderman btw. well actually 2 hours of spiderman practice discovered this combo and still working on it. since web ball hitstun doesn't decrease ever you can use it to link combos you couldn't otherwise. :) which is really awesome.

Does air web ball OTG?

Also was able to link into another web ball L -> L M H Web ball L into the crawler assault super -> a M, a H, a S, S, but i dunno his air string into his maximum spider.

since the combo builds 2.5 meters and can potentially spend 2 it's kind of neat :) though it seems really long and complicated for how much damage it'll be doing But man does it look awesome.

also, i don't know the standard combos T_T. i prefer long complicated combos tbh like my corner haggar combo that literally does the exact same damage as the air loop one but looks cooler to me. and is a low mixup

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Sorry for leaving so soon, Savon. My cousin showed up out of the blue. Good games. Your Arthur is the most potent anchor I've ever seen.

Savon

Smash Ace
Sorry for leaving so soon, Savon. My cousin showed up out of the blue. Good games. Your Arthur is the most potent anchor I've ever seen.
Thanks bro. I have pissed off quite a few people with arthur. When you have a fullscreen hyper with invincibility all through it, you will piss off lots of people

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Literally died. It was working fine up until I shut my PS3 off at 1:30 today. Turned it back on four hours later, wasn't working.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
good job

http://www.youtube.com/user/KenAdamsNSA#p/u/17/NzMFZJrOqoI

Implement that though :)

@Dice- web ball doesn't OTG
Man, I seriously want to get good with Spiderman, but it's extremely hard for me to do those Shoryuken motions in the middle of a combo. :(

Still, I wish more people played Spiderman. He's fragile and hard to use, but his pressure game is absolutely ridiculous in the right hands.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Man, I seriously want to get good with Spiderman, but it's extremely hard for me to do those Shoryuken motions in the middle of a combo. :(

Still, I wish more people played Spiderman. He's fragile and hard to use, but his pressure game is absolutely ridiculous in the right hands.

play jill, and then learn what difficulty really is T_T

oh i did a basic M or H move, i need to press down down special down down special before i press the next button in order to gain a frame or two. which will down the road allow me to extend the combo by about 5 hits.

BSP

Smash Legend
Thanks. too bad though on web ball. lol
That's spidey's biggest problem: no OTG by himself.

I don't have the game, but I've played it once and twice and I was like :urg: But it's Spiderman! Coolest character in the game IMO, so it's worth it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Don't know why, but I haven't really used Spidey much in MvC3. I used him a ton back in MSH and MvC1 and 2 though.
He got a lot better and all but I dunno. Maybe I should use him more when I decide to play MvC3 again.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I don't have the game, but I've played it once and twice and I was like :urg: But it's Spiderman! Coolest character in the game IMO, so it's worth it.
I know, but it's hard to use someone else when your Ammy/Hulk/Phoenix team gives you so much reward with so little input (still working on the Glaive and Hulk's command grab, though...).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dat crackfactor. I dunno, I'm of the persuasion that the X-Factor mechanic can be worked around if you're good enough. I don't necessarily like it either, mind you, but I can't shun the game entirely on that basis alone. I like the rest of MvC3 very much.

(Although I do have pangs for MvC2. I might download that at some point.)

Anyway. I have MvC3 now for the PS3. Alibi_of_Tyrants is my PSN screen name.

:3 I hope to play you guys soon.

Smooth Criminal

_Dice

Smash Ace
I'm really getting sick and tired of feeling like I'm the one at a disadvantage when I have three teammates to their one.
Go into Training mode vs a very hard computer, put the computer as a team of wesker/pheonix/sentinel set time for 60 seconds.

now avoid losing a character (without tagging) vs that team for 60 seconds, the exercise will repeat itself every 60 seconds. When you can do that, begin to punish on block. when you still don't lose a character, then move on to trying to move in. ect.

when you are able to be defensive enough to take on 3 characters with 1 without x factor then you can beat the x factor'd 1 character.

and it's not that difficult, the only hard one is pheonix because of how fast her TP is. but even that is moderately easy to do if you work on reaction time.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
good job

http://www.youtube.com/user/KenAdamsNSA#p/u/17/NzMFZJrOqoI

Implement that though :)

@Dice- web ball doesn't OTG
I actually know plenty of UWT setups. The problem is a large majority of the cast can actually escape fairly easily. For the most part I already know all the chars I can kill in a combo without the use of UTW and in tourney situations its just personal preference but I would rather not take the chance just to save 1 meter.

Don't know why, but I haven't really used Spidey much in MvC3. I used him a ton back in MSH and MvC1 and 2 though.
He got a lot better and all but I dunno. Maybe I should use him more when I decide to play MvC3 again.
He did get a lot of buffs. He's def not as abysmal as he was in MvC2. The problem is though unless you build a team completely around him he is a fairly sub-par. Poor assists, MS doesn't DHC well, overly reliant on OTG assists, etc.

Top Bottom