• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
matador, you should totally play me in SSF4 sometime. I gotta knock off dat rust.
Yeah, that could be fun. Im terribly rusty too though, and I lack fundamentals to make up for how consistent my links used to be. Once I found out that Arcade Edition wasn't coming to consoles (except it is...), I stopped playing.

But sure, just getting my pre-johning out of the way :awesome:

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No sir, I'm far from it, lol. I'm just good at doing random approach mix-ups in every game I play. Minato will tell you the same about my Guy in SSF4, lol.
But Guy kinda has to be random sometimes. lol

And don't worry, I'm pretty random too in SSFIV.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
With Ibuki, I can piss people off online with "psychic" neckbreakers.

Uh, on topic, been messing around with my new team more and figuring out some practical DHC glitch setups. Corner is pretty easy, I just do Acid Rain Loop combos and end with Volcano -> Bee hive -> Wild Stomp and Akuma assist -> Hysteric and then DHC to D-Loop with Zero. I have another version that doesn't use the Akuma assist.

Midscreen was tricky on figuring out since I had to do a different set up and Sougenmu combo.

But yeah, my corner DHC glitch combo barely goes over 1.25 mil (which will kill anyone) while my midscreen one does 1.1 mil, I think.
I figure I can just do a reset or spend an extra bar if I really want to kill one of the high health characters on my midscreen combo. So considering Dante builds close to two meters (or maybe it is 2), I can pretty much hit confirm to death each time if my execution is on point.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Not this one, or 2 for that matter.

Since there was like only 6 viable characters in 2.

There is virtually no counterpicking in this game.

People just stick with their teams and win, well at least they hope.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol...Listen to Etwist and Smooth Criminal...

Whatever you assume about Marvel 2 is prolly incorrect.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Heh, I was just joking. Heck, I barely play MvC2. My mains are Servbot, Megaman, Jill, Ken, Spiderman and other bad characters. XD

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well I have not seen an MvC2 tourney match consist of any characters outside of Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Cable, Psylocke and Captain Commando.

With the one exception of Clockwork.

Please please show me a tournament match where someone counterpicks in MvC3.

Justin Wong changing to one of his **** teams from one of his joke teams doesn't count either.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Well I have not seen an MvC2 tourney match consist of any characters outside of Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Cable, Psylocke and Captain Commando.

With the one exception of Clockwork.

Please please show me a tournament match where someone counterpicks in MvC3.

Justin Wong changing to one of his **** teams from one of his joke teams doesn't count either.
For MvC2 you're just wrong.

For MvC3 I don't really know because I don't really watch this game but I know for a fact that I've seen Floe CP before. That's all I can remember.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Played this with a friend the other night, and I realized why I don't like it xD. It moves too fast for me. Like on MK I input commands fast enough, but on here I can't keep up with them. Also some things are plain easy to do while some small things are soooo hard.

Still, something about this game is fun, lol. I guess it's the comic book appeal it has to me. I just wish Capcom made easier fighters, because when you work 40hours, go to college, play other things, do other stuff, etc. it's really hard to practice a lot to be good at them ;/

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Good games, Savon. Your She-Hulk is continuing to improve. Keep working on M.O.D.O.K. And, well... your game against X-23 in general...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
X23 was making me rage so hard. She was the bane of my existence in those matches

I hate X-23 players online. They always do that one air move which is hard to space and anti-air online sometimes.
Nothing else
except for that random command grab

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Sorry, Savon. I tried to get you to join my lobby, and after you invited me to join yours I went to go eat something lol.

By the way, Ammy/Hsien-Ko/Hulk is a surprisingly effective team. I managed to somehow win 10 ranked matches in a row with them. Shoryuken motions still mess me up though. :(

"NO HULK! DO GAMMA QUAKE, NOT GAMMA TSUNAMI!"
"DARN IT, HSIEN-KO! STOP DOING THAT SUCKY BLADE SUPER AND TRANSFORM!"
"Okay, I'm just going to forward-H with Ammy to combo into my Level 3... IT DIDN'T COME OUT! D:"

Yeah... execution is still my biggest weakness here.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I mean on bad lag. I know how to deal with it. Spamming Jam Session is a surefire way to counter it online, I know, but I want to just space normals to counter moves sometimes like I do offline.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Sorry, Savon. I tried to get you to join my lobby, and after you invited me to join yours I went to go eat something lol.

By the way, Ammy/Hsien-Ko/Hulk is a surprisingly effective team. I managed to somehow win 10 ranked matches in a row with them. Shoryuken motions still mess me up though. :(

"NO HULK! DO GAMMA QUAKE, NOT GAMMA TSUNAMI!"
"DARN IT, HSIEN-KO! STOP DOING THAT SUCKY BLADE SUPER AND TRANSFORM!"
"Okay, I'm just going to forward-H with Ammy to combo into my Level 3... IT DIDN'T COME OUT! D:"

Yeah... execution is still my biggest weakness here.

the blade super is great because it lets you hard tag in another character and then continue a combo.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, but I want my super-armor Hsien-Ko. Hulk can just DHC in and Gamma Tsunami/Gamma Quake for extra damage anyways. What's important is that Hsien-Ko gets out with her transformation.

Top Bottom