• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Y'know what'd be kinda awesome? A full Marvel comic arc that covered something like MvC3 or whatever, making Wesker one of the main villains trying to utilize the Phoenix Force or something. IDK something cool. oh, and with X-Factor involved. lolz

Wesker would make a kickass X-Men cameo villain.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, they had a cover for the comic made and all; I remember seeing it somewhere. Unless it was fanmade, but I highly doubt it. It looked pretty legit.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
That video made my day.

Jill's one of my favorite game characters of all time, but I *never* see anyone using her correctly on MvC3. So thanks for posting that.

brb going to main Jill now.

Savon

Smash Ace
Scrull can be annoying at times because he NEEDS meter to do good damage, but his command grab is great. She-Hulk is by far my favorite character, she just needs a good assist to go along with her to help with getting in

_Dice

Smash Ace
Scrull can be annoying at times because he NEEDS meter to do good damage, but his command grab is great. She-Hulk is by far my favorite character, she just needs a good assist to go along with her to help with getting in
well skrull has some super tight execution wise combos that build 1.5 bars and spend 1 bar. so his BnB's are at least positive meter building, though he is ungodly when sitting on full meter in terms of damage output.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Okay A got all my teams down now, all I need is names.

Chris-B, Zero-Y, Dante-A
Wesker-B, Taskmaster-A, Haggar-A
Wesker-B, Trish-B, Taskmaster-A
Zero-B, Wesker-A, Chris-A,
Wesker-B, Thor-B, Sentinel-A
Wolverine-Y, Dormmamu-A, Sentinel-A

Yeah I use Wesker a lot but I mean its free meter building lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

Chris-B, Zero-Y, Dante-A

2 Swords 1 Gun for the first one.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Been playing MvC3 again and just messing around with Zero/Dante/Akuma and been creating some nasty resets. I found some that are just plain ******** lol. I've been practicing since I'm planning on going to WNF now that classes are almost over. I just don't have a 360 stick to use so I might have to buy one first or at least borrow one there.

If anyone wants to know the resets, I'll post them later. First I need to go eat. lol

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Man, I need to work on my Chris more I got blocking down. Since that's what Chris is gonna be doing if they somehow get in past my Dante Jam session. I also got some nasty Option selects and Reset's. Im working on my reaction time. I've been hitting people with a Cr.M while they try to do a Cr.L or something like that. I gotta work on aggro air throwing more. I also need to work on my inputs so I stop whiffing a J.m instead of a Sj. QCFM. Other than that my Chris is Solid. Oh and Thor is Legit, Got all the Mighty Hurricane reset's down that kara cancel is so easy now.

Been playing MvC3 again and just messing around with Zero/Dante/Akuma and been creating some nasty resets. I found some that are just plain ******** lol. I've been practicing since I'm planning on going to WNF now that classes are almost over. I just don't have a 360 stick to use so I might have to buy one first or at least borrow one there.

If anyone wants to know the resets, I'll post them later. First I need to go eat. lol
I'll like to hear some. Also This Zero combo I did for trolling. L, M, H, -> H, Dante Assist Jam Session, QCFM, X factor, Genmu Zero.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll like to hear some. Also This Zero combo I did for trolling. L, M, H, -> H, Dante Assist Jam Session, QCFM, X factor, Genmu Zero.
They mainly involve either Dante or Zero paired with Akuma though. I haven't worked on Zero's resets much tbh, but I mainly do a corner combo, but end it with Sentsuizan OTG and call Akuma after a slight pause and just command dash for mixups. On another note, calling Akuma assist and then command dashing behind is a great way to catch an opponent coming in after their character died or was snapped out.

Corner reset I use for Dante is to lead up into an Acid Rain juggle, then bring them down with j.S. After that, do Wild Stomp -> Stinger -> Bold Cancel -> Acid Rain -> Akuma Assist and Teleport and Air Dash if you want. It's pretty ambiguous and leads to another combo. The Acid Rain will hit them when going up, but they'll fall out forcing them to roll when the Acid Rain starts falling back down. Depending on when you time it and where they roll, they're going to have to switch directions on blocking. One reset and any character is dead. It's a pretty good left right and high low mix up.

Midscreen for Dante I'll set up an OTG Volcano -> Beehive ->Volcano -> TK Teleport and call Akuma assist. This one's more of a guessing game depending on where they decide to tech.

I've been also working on other stuff like combos, Dante's Crazy Dance, DHC glitch setups and his Empty Cancel into Fireworks.
Seriously, Reverb Shock empty cancel to Fire works is ridiculously good. It's not too hard to pull off either since it feels just like a Force Roman Cancel in Guilty.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama

Chris-B, Zero-Y, Dante-A

Names:
1. Team "Why is Chris on Point?"
2. Team "Counter all your ****."
3. Team "Necrophilia."
4. Team "Zero wasn't in Resident Evil."
5. Team "Captain Falcon."
6. Team "Magneto's gonna Sqeeze us."

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^I'm surprised you aren't using Barrier for MODOK, since that team seems to be a total zoning team.

And Barrier makes for a better troll assist anyways lol.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I did have Barrier as an assist for the longest time. Then I realized I needed some sort of assist to help with extending Dorm combos when Deadpool can't be utilized. lol

Deadpool's out there only to harass/build meter. I always try and get Dorm out asap. Plus I can do DHC trick ----> siiiiiiiiiick Dorm combos that do lots of damage.

Edit:

Not saying you're wrong about the nature of the team or anything. XD It just behooves me to have a way to extend combos cause I can't spend the whole time zoning my opponent. Well, I could, but I don't want to.

Smooth Criminal

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Oh my, do I feel giddy over what I just did. I was on player match, against this guy who had a very crappy connection. His team was Wesker/Amaterasu/Shuma-Gorath. I was dropping combos because of the lag, so he won the first round. I then received a blank message with the subject line "n00bish." So, I played him again, this time losing by a narrow margin. The third round, he killed Deadpool and X-23. I X-Factored Phoenix and took out Wesker and Amaterasu in short order. X-Factor ran out, Shuma-Gorath came in. He used X-Factor and killed Phoenix... with five bars. Came back as Dark Phoenix, won without X-Factor, then left. He sent me another message, blank title. "***kin n00b, sorry u hav to use cheap chars." I decided to grace him with a response this time...

No X-Factor, no excuses.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Meh, who cares about scrubs? Their just ******* that never get good.
I only care when I lose to scrubs due to lag
I'm trying to make an all female team with phoenix and chun-li but I can't really decide who to use with them. my first choice was viper because I really like her and her burning kick assist is pretty good, but to use her effectively I'd have to use a lot of meter which is bad for a phoenix team, started learning jill, her mission combos are kind of annoying and still need to get used to that lvl 3, I'm thinking of maybe using morrigan and that meter building assit.
any ideas?

also is anyone on PSN playing tonight? we should set up a room

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I actually just like Phoenix as a character, and it just happens that I like her in this game too.

Too bad I don't like the rest of the game. :cool:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I have feelings y'know...

Matador is good and I've beaten him a lot.
No sir, I'm far from it, lol. I'm just good at doing random approach mix-ups in every game I play. Minato will tell you the same about my Guy in SSF4, lol.

But you're getting good, and you HAVE beaten me a few times, so kudos ^_^

:phone:

Top Bottom