• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
GGs, Lombardi. All of your teams are crazy good, lol.

Gonna have to hit the lab after that one.

:phone:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Level 3 isn't? You x factor after you otg then you can level 3 on the spot LOL
Oh, I thought he was still talking about Level 3 X-Factor there, not the Level 3 super. >.>

Anyways, I'll be getting on right now. I apologize in advance for my scrubbiness.

EDIT: Uh, can more people add me? Savon is apparently off now. =/

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Oh, I thought he was still talking about Level 3 X-Factor there, not the Level 3 super. >.>

Anyways, I'll be getting on right now. I apologize in advance for my scrubbiness.

EDIT: Uh, can more people add me? Savon is apparently off now. =/

Add me if you want. I don't have access to my PS3 right now, otherwise I would.

PSN: NiightShade-

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
So guys, has anyone else tried implementing aerial partner combos {switching characters} into moves that put you on the ground quickly? Character change > Get to the ground > ground string > relaunch? After I realized that characters are unable to come out of hitstun when the first hit of a character change connects, I decided to mess around with a couple of characters to test the options.

Wesker can Phantom Move H > ground string > relaunch > air string > Hyper Combo / Character Change Reset / a.S > OTG > whatever options you choose. It's best to finish it with a hyper combo as soon as possible though, since the hitstun rate is dropped drastically by that point.

Phoenix can just wait until she's directly overtop of a character > Burn out Beak {Down+H} > TK Trap L > S > Character Change Reset.

The best thing about this is, even if you decide to relaunch characters and air combo them until the hitstun lets up, they'll likely be airborne, which gives you an opportunity to punish with a grab. *Most* characters have better airgrabs than they do grounded ones, so that puts opponents in extremely bad positions.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Needs more 360 players ._.
I play on 360, and I might start playing online a little bit. Not enough people to play with in person.

So guys, has anyone else tried implementing aerial partner combos {switching characters} into moves that put you on the ground quickly?
The only problem with these types of combos is that the hitstun deterioration is often scaled really high afterwards, so it probly won't get you much if you tack it on the end of your normal combos. For all of mine the most I can get is just another launcher to exchange out.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The only problem with these types of combos is that the hitstun deterioration is often scaled really high afterwards, so it probly won't get you much if you tack it on the end of your normal combos. For all of mine the most I can get is just another launcher to exchange out.
Yeah, that's probably the biggest issue with it, but if you're comfortable with punishing characters with aerial grabs, that puts you in one of the best positions possible for guaranteeing one. Then you could just OTG and do another combo. By that point, the character who's out should definitely be KO'd.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So guys, has anyone else tried implementing aerial partner combos {switching characters} into moves that put you on the ground quickly? Character change > Get to the ground > ground string > relaunch? After I realized that characters are unable to come out of hitstun when the first hit of a character change connects, I decided to mess around with a couple of characters to test the options.

Wesker can Phantom Move H > ground string > relaunch > air string > Hyper Combo / Character Change Reset / a.S > OTG > whatever options you choose. It's best to finish it with a hyper combo as soon as possible though, since the hitstun rate is dropped drastically by that point.

Phoenix can just wait until she's directly overtop of a character > Burn out Beak {Down+H} > TK Trap L > S > Character Change Reset.

The best thing about this is, even if you decide to relaunch characters and air combo them until the hitstun lets up, they'll likely be airborne, which gives you an opportunity to punish with a grab. *Most* characters have better airgrabs than they do grounded ones, so that puts opponents in extremely bad positions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGIt_EvinOI

People just don't do it because using air tags in combos isn't always as reliable as just doing a combo that's already damaging and builds meter.

Savon

Smash Ace
Since PSN has gone back up my wins have dramatically increased. I had more than 40 losses than wins when psn went down. Since it came back up i have finally broken even with my wins and losses, canceling out the damage done to my record back when I was still learning and building a team. My MODOK still needs work so I drop combos less so that Arthur is not pressured so much when he is the last character left, but other wise things are a lot better. I have also gone up from being 9th lord to a 7th lord who is close to ranking up. Once I fix my MODOK issues things will be a LOT better. I finally feel a bit more confident playing this game against people.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I actually haven't improved much at all since the first couple of days of release...I've learned a few things here and there, but nothing substantial.

If Pitzer could see me play right now, he'd agree that I play no differently than I did when he saw me play at Pound 5.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGIt_EvinOI

People just don't do it because using air tags in combos isn't always as reliable as just doing a combo that's already damaging and builds meter.
Yeah, that's why I wouldn't bother switching back and forth between the characters too much. If you can manage to pull it off once, I would just try to get on the ground and extend the combo from the character that comes out-- then attempt an aerial grab to reset the hitstun. It's been working pretty well for me, at least. But I use Wesker... :|

GreenAce

Smash Ace
My list.

S
Phoneix
Magneto
Wesker
Dante
Wolverine
Ammy

A
Taskmaster
Dormington
Trish
She Hulk
Zero
Akuma

Honerable metions Spencer, Tron, Doom, Iron man

After that everyone is just mid tier.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
My list.

S
Phoneix
Magneto
Wesker
Dante
Wolverine
Ammy

A
Taskmaster
Dormington
Trish
She Hulk
Zero
Akuma

Honerable metions Spencer, Tron, Doom, Iron man

After that everyone is just mid tier.
God Tier

Magneto
Wesker
Dante
Taskmaster

Top Tier

Sent
She Hulk
Dorm
Ammy
Wolverine
Trish

cutter

Smash Champion
I don't see why people think Ammy is god tier she lost her C looping.

inb4causeshe'sthesunGod
You can still mash f+fierce with the disc, you just have to launch after 5-6 hits.

And speaking of tiers, Darky-Sama knows where it's at. Level 3 X-factor Dark Phoenix is SSS-tier in this game, every goddamn time I play against her I have to random her out with a blind Hard Drive, Killer Illumination, or Okami Shuffle to win. God help you if you don't have level 3 X-factor stored as well.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Really, all it takes is a random short and some meter...

I've done it with VJoe against a DP who was lightyears better than me. She's still made of paper.

Granted, extremely difficult to approach and hits like a truck...but yea

:phone:

GreenAce

Smash Ace
If I was a good player i'd be good lol. And I got exposed today. People find my worst matches coverting them to youtube video and then put them on eventhubs. Man was I salty

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok I might be using this team from now on.

Spencer/Sentinel/Doom

Spencer/Sent can kill anyone from 1 touch using DHC trick from the start of the match.

Spencer is also much easier to use than Magneto lol.

Top Bottom