• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
I was at the gas station today buying some snacks, and I totally saw a street fighter condom. The funny part was that the package had a very graphic drawing of Ryu smashing Chun-Li. I was gonna take a pic, but then I realized that I could not post it anywhere without getting modded/banned.

Funny ****

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i dont use condoms

i just saw today that it IS possible to do the full x-23 rage trigger combo DHC trick into dante's devil trigger

i can probably do the same with hsien ko's gold armor and continue combo

next time i play i'll experiment with it!!

also discovered u can aerial exchange into x-23, then down heavy immediately and continue the juggle with weapon x prime, then dhc trick! gotta love dhc trick LOL 100%'s all day with every char.

credit to 10stars!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha anyways! man filipino champ is so good at this game. i hate his team, and his character choices in general LOL but he's just so good at fighting games.

maybe i'm biased cuz i'm filipino... otherwise i might not like him that much LOL. respect though

edit: i'm watching viscant's tutorial... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMz3sHNv8Q&feature=feedu starts out with lots of basic stuff but man. i'm really liking this

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Everyone get in the chat when you can. We'll lobby it up and chat between rounds so we don't get bored.

EDIT: Jeez, Savon. Your Arthur is ridiculous.

Savon

Smash Ace
OBVIOUSLY. The PlayStation Network downtime was well-spent on your part.
Arthur makes such a beastly anchor. Block stun locking with Arthur FORCES your opponent to use their x-factor or lose a character. So nice. I found out what I was doing wrong with my MODOK, so next time we play do not expect to rip through him as easily as before.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Kind of confused as to what makes Arthur so good. I guess you can force them to use X-factor but then what? If you can't chip them what good is Arthur?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I ****ing hate MvC3. How do you approach in this game, man? Everyone walks the same speed and trying to use an assist to cover me only gets two of my characters killed in one long extraneous combo.

-______________________-

_Dice

Smash Ace
Arthur isn't good lol. That's like saying Chris and Hsien Ko are good.
chris is definitely way better than hsien ko and arthur. he is bottom of high tier a little above sentinel imo.

hsien ko and arthur are the two worst, but they are the best at what they do.

but arthur can lock you in blockstun if you are x factoring, and then get an unblockable with an overhead/low attack. so he can still get you if you are in x factor, not to mention that you can't call an assist if he is in because of his lvl 3.

_Dice

Smash Ace
...Chris?

Better than Sentinel? Even by a sliiiiight margin?

Reasoning, pl0x.

Smooth Criminal
chris' matchup spread is consistantly better than sentinel, chris having bad matchups be 1/3 of top tier and not many others. while sentinel is bad vs 1/2 top tier and about 1/3 the rest of the cast.

Chris' supers can initiate DHC trick where sentinel can end (initiate is stronger), chris has around as much damage potential as sentinel (slightly less) but better zoning, better meter building, better on point (due to the meter building) better size/crouch (not huge)

he pretty much ties sentinel in
damage
Assists

beats him in
meter building
defense
speed
DHC tricking

worse than him in
flight

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Chris high tier? This has got to be trolling
Appreciate the shoutouts, you douche! Next time we meet, we really should get some Smash in. I still have no idea how you play, but I hear you're definitely legit.

I ****ing hate MvC3. How do you approach in this game, man? Everyone walks the same speed and trying to use an assist to cover me only gets two of my characters killed in one long extraneous combo.

-______________________-
Have you been playing a Deadpool/Ryu/Dormmamu? Because that's the biggest turn off for me from this game. I mean, the game is already bad, but Deadpool alone definitely goes 8-2 against all 3 of my team.

Please tell me who ***** Deadpool, someone. I would guess Wesker or Chris?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
LOl wesker or chris cause I used em? Lolz Sorry I was gonna post shouties in the bbcs thread since you guys dont comment on this one so often.

Shout outs to Zero Gamer and X the Derp for the mvc3 matches. I got legitly salty at Deadpool so I go Chris lol

Shout outs to Felicia and Morrigan. lol

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just tried doing wekers OTG gun shot to low M. for like an hour with no success.

and for some reason Zero's qfc super doesn't hit after an aerial launcher for me. they always stand up and block. I've tried so many times trying to do both but they just don't work for me

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I just tried doing wekers OTG gun shot to low M. for like an hour with no success.

and for some reason Zero's qfc super doesn't hit after an aerial launcher for me. they always stand up and block. I've tried so many times trying to do both but they just don't work for me
Try low shot to Cr.L, Cr.M. I do that. Also, are you doing this combo? L, M, H, -> H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h (3hits), S, Rekkoha?

Savon

Smash Ace
Thanks, but I always panic towards the end of fights and my execution with Arthur's lances gets messed up, and because of those stupid short cuts the game put in if i try to spam a hadouken motion a dragon punch motion comes out instead, which is BADDDD.

Still working on not getting comboed so easily, but I feel like I am getting better. What do you think of my team as a whole?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've kinda lost interest in Marvel at the moment. But I'll play people if they want later this week.
Maybe I'll just troll with people with my Dante...
or Hsien-Ko.
XD

Edit: In reality, I'll just be trolled by MvC3's online :(

Savon

Smash Ace
So did you heard about Daigo's challenge to the U.S in Marvel 3 and do anyone think we should be worried or what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL7W3WzPUbo&feature=player_embedded
Nah, I'll just remain confident in knowing that I am still a member of the United effin States of America.

Hell, America created the cooler characters IN Mvc3. We gave the game such greats such as Magneto, Sent, Wolverine, She-Hulk, and the dreaded Phoenix.

Marvel>Capcom is just another analogy for America>Japan.

/elitism

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
!

EVO is in VEGAS?!

Oh ****. OH ****.

I could get...free housing! My girlfriend lives out there!

O.O I could enter and and and...

I need to get on this right away.

Smooth Criminal

_Dice

Smash Ace
the bad rap teamliquid got is mostly from the huge influx of WoW arena people to sc2, since teamliquid is literally the nicest discussion place for starcraft BW, but since the WoW bad mannered players came it's gone downhill a bit

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If i were a mod, I would ban people who had that kind of attitude described in that article. wouldn't care if it was smash.

it's a terrible attitude and it ruins the community.

I really liked the read.

Top Bottom