• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Faust is my nyucka.

I play Sol and Order-Sol in AC+, tho'.

In Midnight Carnival, I literally played everybody in the cast except for I-no and Zappa. I probably played Faust and Sol the most.

Smooth Criminal

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The only characters I used were Zato, Testament, Bridget and Johnny, so I wouldn't really know. I never got too into competitive GG outside of Zato though.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I got a 988,640K Chris combo that require three bars but no x factor.

Chris
Assist 1 Dante A

L, M, H, ->, H, S, J.m, J.m, J.h, S, Jump Air Magnum, -> H, S, J.m, J.m, J.h, S, P1, OTG, Wait a second, Combination Punch H, Satellite Laser.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I got a 988,640K Chris combo that require three bars but no x factor.

Chris
Assist 1 Dante A

L, M, H, ->, H, S, J.m, J.m, J.h, S, Jump Air Magnum, -> H, S, J.m, J.m, J.h, S, P1, OTG, Wait a second, Combination Punch H, Satellite Laser.
that can be extended a little bit not sure how though, because i've seen chris' do the same but it comes out to over 1 mil.

EDIT: i remember now, it was with spencers armor piercer assist + a couple more hits adding the extra damage.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I could be a jerk waste an X factor. Like I can flame Thrower XFC, Combination H then lvl3 that should do like 1,215,688. If not more.
OH i know what he did. i think he might have ended it with the combination super into flamethrower into another super instead of using lvl 3. that might be corner only though.

might be mixing 2 separate combos though.

i know there is a combo that ends in combination super into flame into another super.

and there is a combo into lvl 3. both should deal 1 mil

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Did everyone finally figure out that spencer is indeed the best anchor in the game? I won a tournament by bionic arming on block, xfactor cancel overhead then combo, **** was ridicccccccccccccc

_Dice

Smash Ace
Did everyone finally figure out that spencer is indeed the best anchor in the game? I won a tournament by bionic arming on block, xfactor cancel overhead then combo, **** was ridicccccccccccccc
arthur is a better anchor, but ONLY as an anchor with lvl 3 x factor.

he's 5x worse than spencer if snapped in.

arthur kills anyone full screen on a single touch regardless of block or not. and if you call an assist, you lose two characters.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
One of his Throwing **** pretty much locks you in infinite block stun or infinite hitstun. While in Level 3.

That being said.. A lot of people have infinites at level 3

Morrigan, Akuma, Dante, etc

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
But Eddie has legit, bad matchups. Testament has no bad matchups, granted Eddie has more **** matchups than Testament, but still.

It's like Meta Knight and Falco in Brawl. Falco ***** more people harder, but he has more bad matchups... oh wait, his only bad matchup is Meta Knight. :/
More like electric rodents man but that kind of talk is for a different thread.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah. Some of the death scenes are absolutely hilarious, though. My favorite one is when the Velociraptomorph (I don't know what they're actually called but they act like they're ripped right out of Jurassic Park!) kills you. Starts off with the headbutt (like it usually does), sending you sprawling on to your back, only this time it pins you down. You start beating on the mother****er with your gun like it actually amounts to something, and then it just casually rips off your arm with one of its prehensile feet. As if that wasn't enough, the Velociraptomorph then decides to bludgeon you to death with its own hard head, as if saying "NOT GOOD ENOUGH." I lawled so hard at that scene.

But, yeah. Dead Space 2 actually makes you jump at certain points. Definitely has the pacing of a good horror movie (at times).

I still want Marvel. lol

Smooth Criminal

Savon

Smash Ace
I wanna play somebody in Mvc3.......this thread is so boring compared to how it used to be. I want my PSN back. I have actually had time to make a totally new team from the ground up of Deadpool, Super Skrull, and MODOK. Not sure what assist to use for super skrull assist wise though.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Oh.

Well, yeah. That will do it. Lmaooooo.

: / I really need to get this game. Dead Space 2's good, but it ain't no Mahvel.

Smooth Criminal
gold armor lvl 3 arthur hits with 1 lance, and that character is stuck until death.

his level 3 super hits assists and is full screen hitbox (and does 800k to them w/o x factor) meaning ifyou call an assist, arthur can kill it ( in x factor) and the point character.

pretty much arthur as anchor = game becomes a 1v1 but the opponent can never EVER be touched by a projectile or he dies. pretty much turns into a platformer for the other person for 20 secondsish.

OH and his crossbow in gold heat seeks like pheonix's heavy, but does more damage (does about the same as dark pheonix). so even if he isn't doing the infinite lance you are being tracked, and once you get hit once by anything he can chain into one of many infinites he has in lvl 3, lance, bottle, scythe, infinite dagger juggle, ect.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I like how a metal door can kill you in that game
Cuts you in haaaaaaaaaaaaaaalf

Lol

And Savon, I would (grudgingly) take Stone Smite as an assist. Depending on whether or not you have Deadpool or MODOK on point, it's going to be one of the few ways you're going to extend your combos. If you had Skrull on point, tho'...

HMMMMM

Edit: Thank you expounding on that further, Dice.

Smooth Criminal

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm still convinced that Morrigan is one of the best anchors in the game. If you're really needing someone as backup to carry the team, you can Astral Vision and start spamming Soul Fists to get a bit of pressure in before approaching with a jump > immediate diagonal downward air dash > Drill Kick. The second Soul Fist should be hitting them around that time, so you'll have time to cross-up with a low or overhead depending on how they're guarding. If you don't manage to get a hit, use Deep Crescendo (her forward H) and jump cancel from it's low cooldown.

You can burn the X-Factor if you're about to get punished for something too. Not to mention she has a ridiculously easy infinite in X-Factor 3 that requires like... no skill whatsoever. Just keep mashing H until the character is dead. If they're guard it, mash it once or twice before Deep Crescendoing into a jump canceled attack. They'll probably end up using an advancing guard and wiff a hyper if not.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There is that. :/ His health kinda sucks.

Minato, I really wanna play you when the PSN comes back up. Seriously.

Hell, I wanna fly out to Cali and play you.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, let's play once PSN gets back up. I'm not worth flying to just to play though lol.
I'm still convinced that Morrigan is one of the best anchors in the game. If you're really needing someone as backup to carry the team, you can Astral Vision and start spamming Soul Fists to get a bit of pressure in before approaching with a jump > immediate diagonal downward air dash > Drill Kick. The second Soul Fist should be hitting them around that time, so you'll have time to cross-up with a low or overhead depending on how they're guarding. If you don't manage to get a hit, use Deep Crescendo (her forward H) and jump cancel from it's low cooldown.

You can burn the X-Factor if you're about to get punished for something too. Not to mention she has a ridiculously easy infinite in X-Factor 3 that requires like... no skill whatsoever. Just keep mashing H until the character is dead. If they're guard it, mash it once or twice before Deep Crescendoing into a jump canceled attack. They'll probably end up using an advancing guard and wiff a hyper if not.
I think Morrigan's really good as anchor too. Morrigan's mostly lacking in damage and speed which level 3 XF easily takes care of.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
stream was hilarious last night

salty cam, and girls

clockwork needs to learn how to block. his dark phoenix lost to viewtiful joe just cuz he challenged six machine twice.

i always watch streams to see more of my characters though.. which i didnt see much of this time. i wanna see more hori|tatsu!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
p.gorath was using joe instead of phoenix for a few matches.

he beat clockwork's phoenix with six machine spamming, cuz clockwork doesn't freakin block

Top Bottom