• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
I only hear good things about this character, excellent, sounds like I can't go wrong.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get the game until August 26th, on my 22nd Birthday, most expensive fighting game I've ever seen...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Just warning you, this game came off slightly misleading to me. It's far easier than SSFIV, but it's still hard (I fail at capcom games) What makes it hard is how everything is so fast. That and the damage output is insane. I wanted to be a pro-Spiderman so bad :3

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
1. viewtiful joe
2. X-23
3. CHun-li

get @ me

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Strider
Sent
Doom

LOL

well, i've been practicing it all morning. MAHVEL 2 is soo good baby. i miss SOOMIGHTY lol that guy was so godlike. his mags doesnt try to reset as much as yipes does and sooo solid/creative.

but yea

gotta love team clockwork

blockstring cat ORBS
doom assist teleport aerial blockstring cat ORBS
ORBS random mixups hitconfirm sent assist launch (otg on big chars)

ORBS ORBS ORBS

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Soomighty did appear on the WNF 2 weeks ago, or so. He didn't have a lot of experience with the game or playing MvC3 with people so he didn't do that well.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah i see, interesting.

man, i just miss the technical ability of mvc2 magneto players in general lol. mags is already great (and got a buff) in marvel 3, but i wonder if we'll ever see that kind of speed again.

maybe we will, once people start becoming more on point with things like wolverine/jill speed ups, and people actually landing longer and more difficult x factor combos

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Been messing around with my friend's team a bit (Dante/Ryu/Morrigan) for fun.
His team is too good and builds up so much meter in one combo. Dante already builds up 2 meters and you can call in Morrigan's assist during the combo for even more. Do a DHC and you'll end up with 900k damage and you can call Morrigan's assist again after the opponent's recovering from the Shinkuu.

I can do a 930k DHC combo with my team but I need to use both assists which kinda sucks.
I've also been trying to do better Hsien-Ko combos. Damage isn't too much of a problem, but I usually end up having to use 2 meters.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i suck at using gongs in the middle of combos lol

i really want the game -_-

i only have marvel 2

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Best assist in the game. lol ripple you play on 360 right? wanna go a few matches?
sorry, should have been specific. I just watched matches with him on point. terribly slow and boring games. plus he's the worst stand alone character IMO.

yeah, I play on 360 but I don't have XBL yet.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i suck at using gongs in the middle of combos lol

i really want the game -_-

i only have marvel 2
Play Marvel 2 with me then.
Can't you DHC glitch with dante to ryu's shinku Hadoken?
Nope, you can't. If you make the Shinkuu completely miss, the opponent will recover from the ground before the super is over, I think.
Even though the team doesn't utilize the DHC glitch, it's still pretty solid.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
I don't think I've mentioned it yet, so just in case any of you are curious, I'll be getting this game for PS3, when I am finally able to play it. Free online gaming is the way to go.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
:p

i don't have the game, can anyone help me theory craft!

is it possible for rage trigger to dhc glitch into hsien ko gold armor and still combo afterward? my team doesn't have an otg assist so i can't do regular combos into weapon x prime lol.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Hagger isn't bad at all imo. I've actually been debating on picking him up for resets. If you DHC his Body Press from a hyper combo that lifts the opponent (like Wesker's Phantom Dance or C.Viper's Burst Time), it hits quite a few times too.

And his Double Lariat is easily one of the best assists in the game. It works pretty well with Wesker because you can safely assist -> Phantom Move to cross-up because of the invincibility frames. That strategy works pretty well with other characters, but since people randomly wiff out supers when you do it consistently... yeah. rofl

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Hey His lariat goes through supers till his hurtboxes come out. If timed right it can be used to avoid Genmu Zero lol.
I can't remember if I was playing with you or someone else, but someone assisted with Haggar's Double Lariat when I used Dormammu's Chaotic Flames and Haggar was just spinning around in the fire the entire time. Lol

Top Bottom