• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
Felicia is a good character. She has command grabs, unblock-able setups without assists, and good resets. Her weakness is her health, and that you need high level execution to use her.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man

very inspired by WNF last night

richard n, marn, jwong, tatsu, p gorath, infrit

all these guys are getting better. great stuff. wolverine is godlike. no she-hulk/tron at this tournament either haha, felt slightly fresh.

richard n's air dashes are hilarious LOL

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Felicia is a good character. The problem is that most of the cast is great to excellent, which sadly puts her in the bottom 25 percent IMO.

It really seems like the game has progressed to a multitude of one-hit kills and my team isn't scary enough to compete. Back to the drawing board.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Felicia is a good character. The problem is that most of the cast is great to excellent, which sadly puts her in the bottom 25 percent IMO.

It really seems like the game has progressed to a multitude of one-hit kills and my team isn't scary enough to compete. Back to the drawing board.
That means she's a bad character. If everyone is broken, but you, then you are bad.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha

but marvel is marvel and every character can do stuff that looks cool

so even if felicia and arthur and joe can do cool stuff but don't stack up competitively

we can still say they're good, if we use this scale

bad < mediocre < good < great < excellent < godlike < broken

i think right now, marvel 3 characters have reached godlike scale but idk about broken yet.

though marn's zero + magneto combo is lookin soooooooooooooooooooooooo grimy now....

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
marn is the only player I know to abuse the DHC trick everytime he hits someone.

oddly enough, he's one of the only zero players I see

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
That means she's a bad character. If everyone is broken, but you, then you are bad.
You are right, but it's more of a technical definition. Or jargon, or whatever.

Essentially, while she may be bad compared to the rest of the cast, when you call a character bad it tends to mean that they don't have the tools to do anything. That is, if your opponent knows what he is doing you have practically no chance to win because all your options are ineffective.

In Felicia's case, she can do what she needs to do to win against any character IMO, but in general the rest of the cast can do it better. So it's a different sense of bad.

I hope that makes any kind of sense.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Felicia isn't that bad she just needs good assist to cover her. Like Chris. MVC3 is based on team Viability. I mean certain characters are godlike by themselves, but you need to have team work. Unless you're ****ing Wesker.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Wesker can definitely manage without assists. You just gotta be good at timing his c.M after the OTG Samurai Edge if you wanna do a lot of his solo combos.

Dante is Dante. He can manage well by himself, but he can't really take a beating. Catch him in a good combo or two and he's out of the picture.

Crimson Viper doesn't really need assists either, but her damage output is pretty low. She's got a lot of combo potential and crossups though. I like the fact that she has an overhead that she can use while grounded.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so I got X-23 and chun. need a starter character

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that Arthur is Mid-High tier. He has the tools to compete. The only lacking part is that he doesn't have a dash, but this is not a big issue after you get use to it and he has one of the best lvl3 in he game.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Unless you have a flight mode and can Super Jump. When he throws stuff he's vulnerable to any beam hyper. He can't guard if he throws **** in air. His Job is to Camp and zone, Yet I think Chris does a better job then what he does.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I play Arthur in my team. Chris is a better Arthur, but arthur capabilities are really good. He has projectiles for every situation. His xfactor buff makes him a monster zoning and a thread at approching, his combos deal damage, and his floatiness help him avoid must beam hyper. His super jump is pretty good too plus his double jump allow to block most beams hyper. Plus his lvl 3 blocks all attacks.

His assists are one of the best in the games. All of his assist help in combos and crossups.

Savon

Smash Ace
I think that Arthur and MODOK can make a decent team together. MODOKs shield assist is TOTALLY underrated. Set that bad boy up while Arthur is throwing **** and it makes it that much more annoying for your opponent. Get another assist for anti-air and you are all good. I might even keep She-Hulk on this team so that I can basically force people to jump over MODOKs shield giving me the perfect chance to do she-hulks anti-air hyper, or her regular anti-air command grab. This is all only during practice against the CPU however. What do you guys think of that. Any suggestions?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I baited a jump with a Thor Throw Super DHC to She hulks anti air grab. **** was lulz. Arthur is okay, Him teamed with task and Haggar makes it so ****ing hard to get in.. Lariat and Parabolic Arrow Up. It just ****s **** up. That's why I use Dorm vs Arthur

Edit: If someone can test this.

Modok Shield vs Bionic arm
Any counter Super vs Sent's Harddrive.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Don't have to test it. Counter supers work on hard drive.

MODOK's barrier doesn't negate hyper combos.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
After you do Felicia's OTG if you can TK the QCF and super immediately afterward. I think that's what he's referring to at least.
I guess that's what he's referring to, but I don't do jc Super after otg, I do assist+otg > jc ground bounce. 200k is nothing to scoff at and I've yet to see any actual oki pressure Felicia can apply midscreen. Tech rolling+assist > her.

cutter

Smash Champion
I find the barrier to be feast or famine when used defensively. There are many times where you can just get blown up easily by someone with a beam super on reaction. Or that character is very mobile to begin with. Other times you face characters like She-Hulk and Wolvie that have to get in and then the barrier becomes hella amazing depending on who your point character is.

That being said, never underestimate using the barrier as an offensive tool. It becomes a lot better when your opponent is cornered.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
Thought I would ask what my fellow Smash Bros. fanatics think of the character Amaterasu, since I love the game Okami (means "Wolf" in Japanese), so I will be playing as her probably as one of the three characters in pretty much every match, if not every match, because I think she is awesome. :3

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Have fun destroying big characters :D

Ammy is really good, definitely high tier.

Does anyone know if Dantes teleport move is always punishable with an air grab?

I would like to know the same for Wesker if possible.

Also, Dr Doom is probably one of the best characters in the game, he has a gigantic amount of potential for blockstrings and pressure in general,his damage is pretty damn good and his keep away is great too.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Thought I would ask what my fellow Smash Bros. fanatics think of the character Amaterasu, since I love the game Okami (means "Wolf" in Japanese), so I will be playing as her probably as one of the three characters in pretty much every match, if not every match, because I think she is awesome. :3
Ammy is easily one of the best characters in the game with her stupid height, high damage BnBs and really ****ing annoying level 1 hyper...

1. Opponent attacks
2. OKAMI SHUFFLE
3. Profit

She also has some crazy mix-ups too.

cutter

Smash Champion
Amaterasu is a top 3 character in this game, easily.

She's pretty easy learn too, yet she has a high ceiling. Her BnB is such a braindead combo yet it's quite good, probably moreso than Wolvie's BnB. Mash f+fierce 5-6 times in Disc mode, launch, MMHS, weapon change to Glaive, do the OTG dive, then the glaive chop, and cancel to Okami shuffle.

I play her myself, mainly because I like her Cold Star assist with MODOK.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mmmmmm

offensive barrier suonds legit

i needa learn combos with modok lol

i've had TWO dreams so far where i knew analyze cube combos, but i dont kno them in real life.

i'm serious

i got this.

Top Bottom