• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
in slow, on mid sized charaters ammy can do a crouching heavy jump cancel to air light which he can combo into a full combo where if they block low they are still in shield stun (due to the slow) and ammy is able to get the light in while they are in shieldstun from the crouching. I'm not sure if X factor lvl 1+ is required though tbh.
You do know that Amaterasu is actually female, right?

_Dice

Smash Ace
You do know that they removed her C locking right..? Have they tested this with the new patch?
yeah i know ammy is a *****, and i know lol at me saying shieldstun deal with it. :)

also not tested with the new patch. i haven't had MVC3 since the patch, but i saw it on a WNF a while back, tested it, and thought man ammy is dumb.

Savon

Smash Ace
Sadly that is a basic part of Ammy that will not/can't be nerfed. Mashing H is like doing a normal ground combo just really easy. Simple as that. My Spencer is getting a little bit better. I can consistantly do his magic series into 2 air wire grapples. I just cannot do his more damaging combos, but I guess x-factor+ bionic ARRRRMMMMMMMM is good enough.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Tried to do the Ammy unblockable thing Dice described. X-factor seems to be required, and even then it's difficult to avoid pushblocking and it's not easy to do. Not to mention if they know what you're doing they can react to the X-factor with a super or cross counter.

Even then, I think I'd be okay with Phoenix dying for my opponent using his x-factor and at least one bar of meter over something that's quite risky.

Trish is one of those characters that's extremely matchup dependent. Overall she's really good because there's no matchup that's terrible for her IMO but she can be a terrible matchup for your opponent. The main problem, however, is her low damage output which means she doesn't have that scare factor.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Well, despite some worrying circumstances that could have prevented me from getting a ride, I'm going to the Boston tournament tomorrow. I'll post the results in here and the Tournament Discussion thread when they're up on SRK. Wish me luck, guys!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
The X-factor is not for the speed boost and is necessary to cancel the pushback from the crouching heavy. Overall the setup is pretty ridiculous and I don't think I'll ever see it in a tourney match. I still think it's blockable, too.

If Dice could please show me where he saw this on WNF that'd be nice. Otherwise it'll be another case where I just should have ignored him.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The day has come. I hope my Phoenix is up to par. Registration supposedly starts at 12, but Marvel doesn't start until 5. I'm going to talk to the TO about it.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just got back from the tournament twenty minutes ago. Unfortunately, I fell out of the loser's bracket fairly early and didn't place, but I had a very good time. There are more details in the other thread.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My friend, Luvcheez, went to a tourney and got 3rd. Marn and Fanatiq got 1st and 2nd.
He did beat Clockw0rk later in the stream though. Here's the link http://www.justin.tv/kocast/b/284874493

His first match (against Foo) is 39 minutes in. And he's not a Smasher so this belongs in this thread. :p

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
That's awesome!

There is a strong chance I could be going to EVO to represent Ireland for MvC!

Tourney at the start if June.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just bought a 360 and MvC 3. played it for the first time actually. I tried doing the missions and failed terribly. it's a lot more technical than I though it was.

I think I'm gonna be playing X-23 but IDK who else. I like doom/trish/ammy/chun-li but IDK if they work out in any way.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I just bought a 360 and MvC 3. played it for the first time actually. I tried doing the missions and failed terribly. it's a lot more technical than I though it was.

I think I'm gonna be playing X-23 but IDK who else. I like doom/trish/ammy/chun-li but IDK if they work out in any way.
if you have Ammy you have a DHC trick 2nd half. if you have chun you have an infinite. if you have doom you have a good assist (and technical character). ifyou have trish you have annoying as hell traps.

So probably should have X-23, Ammy and then a semi-tank anchor pick from this list:
Ryu
Dormammu
Tron
Taskmaster
Spencer

and that would be a very solid team.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace

x23 on point (for dhc trick) or as anchor (otg assist/unblockables, silent kill and xfactor shenanigans)
ammy and trish have dhc trick capable supers, but I think if you got some of the advanced bnb's down with x, then weapon x prime into slow super with ammy and loop 236L sword you can kill any character, so probably the better choice
you could probably just play ammy on point for the heck of it too, she's a really solid character

doom rocks is really good for x23's mixup game, or you can probably play a really mean keepaway game with doom/trish or otherway around
chunli is also pretty sick as anchor and her legs assist locks down pretty well, but dont know much more about that character

I started with hulk/doom/x23 but trying to change it up a little to x23/(morrigan/dante)/doom because I feel hulk is a bit limited in use

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
got a lot of exp yesterday vs doom, storm, magneto, pre-patch sent

basically... magz and sent are not that bad lol

storm ***** my entire team

doom's combos are so long

i gotta learn how to get into storm...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I had a problem getting into storm with Wesker. So I switched to my Zero team and just wrecked her face in. Also MY TRISH <3. I love how her combos are. Anyone on 360 wanna throw down?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All of that floating JWong talk at that PowerUp tourney is bout to get crazy on SRK.

Top Bottom