• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

_Dice

Smash Ace
I disagree. What DHCs wouldn't work with zero/Dante/Sentinel?
Rico doesn't combo into dante's lvl 3 and million dollar misses alot, dantes supers are too slow to make zero safe off a DHC from the shadow, dante to sentinel is less of an issue though. it's just that sentinel to dante is better than dante to sentinel.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Wow. This topic has really slowed down since the PlayStation Network went offline. As previously stated, I'm going to a tournament this Sunday. My team will be Phoenix, Deadpool, and Iron Man. If any of you guys have advice that doesn't involve not putting Phoenix on point, I would greatly appreciate it.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Thing is, I don't know how to use Magneto, and I'm not confident in my ability to learn his combos to a level of competence necessary to compete at the competitive level in two days.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hmmmm, I guess so.

Magnetos approach is practically the same, lots of dashing and tri jumping.

His air game is totally different though.

I also just realized how **** blocking>x factor>Dr Doom's Lv 3 is today.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Serris it'd be nice if you had any specifics to address. Just general advice is usually unnecessary and can sometimes be condescending.

Magneto IMO is pretty easy to play. He basically has one combo that can be difficult, but you can even do easier versions of it for a little less damage and meter.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Basically, tips to increase my survivability against Dante, Magneto, Amaterasu, and Wesker. Those are my problem match-ups. I can handle just about everyone else.

Savon

Smash Ace
Those are not called problem matchups, those are called good characters that will ALWAYS be a problem since they are good.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Dante and Amaterasu are the biggest threats out of those. Magneto and Wesker aren't that difficult. I just need tips for staying out of reach of Magneto's loops and how to punish Wesker's teleport.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow. This topic has really slowed down since the PlayStation Network went offline. As previously stated, I'm going to a tournament this Sunday. My team will be Phoenix, Deadpool, and Iron Man. If any of you guys have advice that doesn't involve not putting Phoenix on point, I would greatly appreciate it.
Switch Deadpool and Iron Man, IMO. Deadpool has that easy XF infinite in level 3 if Phoenix ends up being the first or second to die on your team. Iron Man should be tri jumping in with Deadpool's low hitting assist for opening the opponents up.

I know you like Repulsor Blast assist but I suggest Unibeam. It doesn't knock the opponent down and it helps Deadpool's keepaway so he can shoot above. It also helps Phoenix because of Unibeam and her teleport.
Dante and Amaterasu are the biggest threats out of those. Magneto and Wesker aren't that difficult. I just need tips for staying out of reach of Magneto's loops and how to punish Wesker's teleport.
Watch out for Dante's range. His standing normals are also good anti airs. You can't really punish Dante on block (unless you blocked his launcher) since he can cancel safe moves like Reverb Shock to Fireworks. If someone has Dante as third, don't hesitate to punish their assist call and DHC for the kill if he's really a big problem.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well, I've seen maybe 3 people lead with Phoenix on Point... it wasn't pretty...

In other words.

I got 3 Teams

Chris, Zero, Dante B, Y, A
Wesker, Thor, Sent B, B, A
Wolverine, Dormmamu, Wesker Y, A, B

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Didn't say you were. I was just askin.

Nobody really does that but you, which is pretty interesting.
No one really expects it. It's an advantage and a disadvantage. If she lives, she takes out most of their health bar and I tag out. If she dies, my heaviest hitter is gone. High-risk, high-reward, just like everything else about Phoenix.

Well, I've seen maybe 3 people lead with Phoenix on Point... it wasn't pretty...
I used Phoenix on point every time I played Savon in our last set, and I think I did most of the time against Minato, but I'm not sure. I did okay, I guess.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I don't know why but Phoenix reminds me of Nidoking in Pokemon. Where if you had him lead it wasn't his strong point, but during mid game and late game he would be a good surprise mix sweeper. I mean he has the tools to be a lead, but he's not as good as anyone else who can fill that role, like Skarmory or Machamp. Thing is you can make him to anything you want, but you wanna keep him at his strong point meaning mid-late game sweeper. Kinda like Phoenix aka the comeback *****.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Phoenix is more like Samus in Brawl. She has the tools to do some pretty crazy **** and likes to camp, but doesn't have enough strong points to balance out the probability that you are going to lose. I happen to main both.

cutter

Smash Champion
I don't know why but Phoenix reminds me of Nidoking in Pokemon. Where if you had him lead it wasn't his strong point, but during mid game and late game he would be a good surprise mix sweeper. I mean he has the tools to be a lead, but he's not as good as anyone else who can fill that role, like Skarmory or Machamp. Thing is you can make him to anything you want, but you wanna keep him at his strong point meaning mid-late game sweeper. Kinda like Phoenix aka the comeback *****.
If you're going to compare Phoenix to any Pokemon, it would be Alakazam. Both of them have insane amounts of options, both of them can body entire teams, and both get pasted when someone breathes on them.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I absolutely love it when people know absolutely nothing about competitive Pokemon. :3 Zam bodying whole teams? This isn't Gen I anymore folks! :33333

Phoenix is more like Excadrill, early-game, it's never going to do a full-out sweep due to all the checks people save for it, but it always has an opportunity to set up or do massive damage even if it does come in. If you save it for late-game, the opponents can't give it any room to do what it wants at all now, if you let it get a single free turn when its checks are weakened or gone in the late-game, you're dead. If you're plain just unprepared for it, you're going to get 6-0'd (aka something like decimating all three opposing characters with Phoenix/Dark Phoenix).

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Decimate sounds like a destructive word, but it's not, UltiMario.

Also, so far I'm thinking of dropping Sentinel for Felicia, although MODOK/Morrigan/Felicia doesn't have any synergy at all. I'll probably end up dropping Morrigan for Storm or whatever good rushdown assists.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I absolutely love it when people know absolutely nothing about competitive Pokemon. :3 Zam bodying whole teams? This isn't Gen I anymore folks! :33333

Phoenix is more like Excadrill, early-game, it's never going to do a full-out sweep due to all the checks people save for it, but it always has an opportunity to set up or do massive damage even if it does come in. If you save it for late-game, the opponents can't give it any room to do what it wants at all now, if you let it get a single free turn when its checks are weakened or gone in the late-game, you're dead. If you're plain just unprepared for it, you're going to get 6-0'd (aka something like decimating all three opposing characters with Phoenix/Dark Phoenix).
Maybe he was referring to Gen I? Where Alakazam was pretty much unstoppable? Also, Phoenix/DP is nothing like Excadrill. :v

_Dice

Smash Ace
well to get an idea of how to punish weskers teleport go into training mode set wesker up to teleport and then attack repeatedly and just get used to blocking based on distance, his teleport going a set distance no matter what is what makes him predictable and much easier to block than other teleports.

and a GOOD mags should be able to start a loop or get close to it, unless you have him cornered, if he touches you. so just jump adv guard messes with mags a bit. but he's definitely a good character that is hard to deal with.

Ammy is a character that when you meet in the air you are going to want to mash forward heavy (since as pheonix this allows you to either get an air combo, or tech ammys insane grab range in the air) ground trap is also good vs ammy, as his air dash is slow if he uses it without cancelling he will get hit.

Oh yeah ammy can block out of air dash, don't try to punish it on reaction, since ammy often baits with the air dash (the flower tether thing) um, also when he slows, you are going to want to switch out of pheonix, or X factor to stay the same speed as ammy, since ammy 100:0's regular pheonix when she is in slow, (his heavy loop has an unblockable high low mixup in slow)

Dante, when he is far all dantes tend to have the bad habit of using missiles, try to get some distance, force him to use missiles, and then fly teleport aerial combo him to punish. up close dante should do very well vs pheonix, meaning you want to actually stay in the center of the stage, and not in either corner, to allow you to teleport freely to any side without putting yourself in a bad situation, once you punish a laggy move (dante's projectiles are almost all punishable on reaction with a fly teleport) reset the distance by using some projectiles and traps to get your spacing back, and repeat pretty much.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I haven't done anything competitive with Pokemon yet. It seems to take a while for the metagame to form, and the battle subway is really hard to finish imo.

I have a question (I don't play this anymore, but I'm just curious) wasn't/is Dante like OP or something? Just wondered because Sentinel got two nerfs, and I never saw dante get any...

_Dice

Smash Ace
I haven't done anything competitive with Pokemon yet. It seems to take a while for the metagame to form, and the battle subway is really hard to finish imo.

I have a question (I don't play this anymore, but I'm just curious) wasn't/is Dante like OP or something? Just wondered because Sentinel got two nerfs, and I never saw dante get any...
dante is just solid, he has crazy long combos good reach and pretty lagless moves (half of them are lagless half are not), but his ranged game is dependant on the opponent not having any beams or assists or teleports, and his supers are awful on block/ as random supers/ require specific setups to DHC into.

so if dante drops his combo he tends to get full combo'd as punishment, and with dante having 30+ moves, it's possible to mess up an input.

TL DR. dante can get zoned if you play it right, and if you know dante you can punish dante.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Dante's normals are actually pretty slow (his standing L comes out in 8 frames, compared to the majority of the casts 4-5), so while he can pressure really hard because of his crazy range and specials that're all plus on block, if you manage to get him under pressure its a little hard for him to get out. He doesn't have any aerials that hit underneath him, either, other than his slow j.S, so it can be hard for him to win a fight air to ground.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Oh yeah ammy can block out of air dash, don't try to punish it on reaction, since ammy often baits with the air dash (the flower tether thing) um, also when he slows, you are going to want to switch out of pheonix, or X factor to stay the same speed as ammy, since ammy 100:0's regular pheonix when she is in slow, (his heavy loop has an unblockable high low mixup in slow)
Explain this unblockable high-low mixup, please.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Explain this unblockable high-low mixup, please.
in slow, on mid sized charaters ammy can do a crouching heavy jump cancel to air light which he can combo into a full combo where if they block low they are still in shield stun (due to the slow) and ammy is able to get the light in while they are in shieldstun from the crouching. I'm not sure if X factor lvl 1+ is required though tbh.

Top Bottom