• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
why does everyone call for nerfs in this game? why don't people ask for buffs to characters? designers should buff instead of nerf
What's up with people always arguing that nerfs are bad and buffs are good? Nerfs are good if they make sense and are done well. You think we should buff everyone in Street Fighter II to stupid levels so they can stand a chance with the fundamentally broken design of Akuma?

Which brings up another thing: I hate the cliche of bringing up SFII Akuma in balance discussion.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Dear god no, nerfs all around, we buff characters any more and the entire cast is gonna be touch = death against everyone without meter.

Which brings up another thing: I hate the cliche of bringing up SFII Akuma in balance discussion.
Because he's a perfect example of what attributes make a character ban-worthy and therefore will inevitably come up in every balance discussion because he's relevant?

ss118

Smash Master
The timing is strict but I'm sure you can teleport out of anything after phoenix rising.

Also spell-check doesn't know the word teleport.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm pissed too. I'm just dealing with it by actually getting some use out of my Wii. Say what you will about Nintendo's online infrastructure (or lack thereof), but at least it hasn't failed yet.

When PSN comes back up, Savon, we're fighting.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
At least this time without online while sick in bed has been somewhat productive:

1) I actually got around to reading some of a book for an assignment.
2) I've gotten significantly better with my stick(no homo). My execution has probably become twice as good in the past three days alone.
3) I learned that Sentinel's OTG assist is godlike.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Rocket Punch is slow as hell though.

I'm starting to believe that Sent is like, completely useless against all the most popular characters.

Ammy, Wesker, Wolverine, Dante, She Hulk, Zero, Dormammu and Storm.

They all **** him and everybody uses them.

_Dice

Smash Ace

I'm starting to believe that Sent is like, completely useless against all the most popular characters.

Sentinel is high mid or bottom of high tier. he has no place anywhere near the top because of his bad matchups vs over a third of the cast.

Vlade

Social Outcast

I agree with this. To me it feels like that since everyone's learned what to do against Sentinel it's a really uphill fight for him against those characters. It's just so hard for him to get in and land a hit because of his poor ground mobility and predictability in the air. His only mixup is his command grab really.

The only reason I've found to use him lately is for drones assist :S

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I think Sents best option is to constantly jump and block while calling assists.

If one catches them....NEUTRALIZE.....DIE DIE KILL DIE!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I finally got this game on Easter. Can I have my bro and I added to the OP XBL list?

Zero_Gamer
XBL: Zhero Gamer

X_the_Derp
XBL: X the Derp

I'm really liking MODOK, Morrigan, Phoenix, and Sentinel so far and Derp is still messing around with Dormammu, Ryu, Amaterasu and idk who else. We still need to check out other characters.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
If y'all want y'all can play me and some of the other 360 people. It'll be good practice. As for characters. MODOK is gay lol. I played a MODOK, Dr Doom, Dormammu team. My God, my Shuma couldn't get in at all.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I feel like MODOK has a ton of potential. He seems to have good rushdown, keepaway, zoning, damage, and mixups + he has access to the bullcrap that is X-factoring out of blockstun into his command grab hyper. Also, it's nice to know his M attacks chip. I feel like the things that are holding him back so far are that his assists all suck and his hypers are pretty bad, excluding Killer Illumination.

I improved really quickly with Sentinel and Phoenix since I've seen them all the time on streams, but it seems I'm on my own with the less Poplar characters.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
His beam super actually isn't that bad if you get the Analyze Cube charges (451,000 damage at maximum charge is on par with some level 3 supers). Same with his battering ram super (300,000 with charges). As far as assists go, yeah, they kinda suck.

The key is getting those Cube charges. Fortunately, there have been enough players tinkering around with MODOK to discover various loops involving Analyze Cube. There's a few things scattered out about here and there on Youtube depicting the various loops. I can't recall any good ones right now, but definitely look 'em up.

Smooth Criminal

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
His beam super actually isn't that bad if you get the Analyze Cube charges (451,000 damage at maximum charge is on par with some level 3 supers). Same with his battering ram super (300,000 with charges). As far as assists go, yeah, they kinda suck.

Smooth Criminal
Wait, Analyze Cube charges his hypers?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Analize cube gets 9 levels of understanding. Every time you hit it the higher the level goes. If you use a bomb with the S button you use one LoU ang get a jamming bomb. If you use the hyper with lvl 9 LoU you get the really strong one.

You can also shoot a stronger normal beam and make a huge *** barrier with 1 lvl.

:phone:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What Twists said, too. I was just highlighting the fact that you can bolster MODOK's supers with Analyze Cube charges and make them not suck so much.

Smooth Criminal

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
What is your PSN, anyway? Might as well write it down so I can add you when the service comes back up.
Ah sorry Serris. I missed this and this was a while back. Its Silent_Zone7. I will add you when I can. According to my buddy I haven't signed in in 56 days. Thanks to work and the 14 to 17 hour work days.

:phone:

Vlade

Social Outcast
I cannot play MODOK for the life of me but it'd interesting to see what people can come up with for him in the future. That said I think there was a Wednesday Night Fight where there were a couple of MODOK mains in the top 8?

_Dice

Smash Ace
MODOK is really good, i'm torn between continuing to play jill or learning modok, my jill is *** atm though, so the switch wouldn't make me too heartbroken, although missing out on DHC glitching from jill to someone else is sad.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Jill is actually pretty godlike. After playing flash's I can say she's the most annoying character in the game.
she's the fastest and the most technical character. i feel like if i played jill i'd need to have 2 sticks in case one breaks.

Top Bottom