• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
why does everyone call for nerfs in this game? why don't people ask for buffs to characters? designers should buff instead of nerf
The only characters in this game that need to be buffed are Hsien-Ko and Viewtiful Joe. As they are right now, they aren't on par with the rest of the cast, especially Hsien-Ko. As for nerfs, there are some characters who stand out above the rest of the cast for their versatility and general usefulness on a team, Wesker being one of them. His health is far too high.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
why does everyone call for nerfs in this game? why don't people ask for buffs to characters? designers should buff instead of nerf
That's because the people who whine about things being too "cheap" are more vocal sadly.
Even if their mains got buffed, they'd still probably be complaining about characters like Dante just because they don't like putting time into learning the matchup.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The only characters in this game that need to be buffed are Hsien-Ko and Viewtiful Joe. As they are right now, they aren't on par with the rest of the cast, especially Hsien-Ko. As for nerfs, there are some characters who stand out above the rest of the cast for their versatility and general usefulness on a team, Wesker being one of them. His health is far too high.
I think everybody elses health is way too low.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think joes bad. I think he needs some buffing so you can **** with him. Like, RAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Chris, Arthur, and Cap need some buffing too imo.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Nerf Wesker Health, Nerf Sent damage output, Nerf Akuma Tatsu Priority, Nerf DP gaining health in X factor, Nerf Armor on certain moves, Buff Hsien-Ko to be able to compete in 1v1, buff Arthur's Air speed, buff zero's damage output by 1,000, remove ammy's C lock, Buff Thor's Jab to be -3 on block.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
she has technically 840,000 health with 5 bars. Her damage output is 72,000. She has a move that heals her, why does X factor help her heal, It would make dp have to resort on more than just spamming L, and TK shot H's and more focused on getting in getting a combo getting a meter than using it to heal or attack

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If the PlayStation Network is up tomorrow, anyone want to fight? I need to practice for a tournament next Sunday.
If your going to a tourney you should be having offline sessions and getting accustomed to playing with no delay. You should be avoiding PSN for now.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think joes bad. I think he needs some buffing so you can **** with him. Like, RAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Chris, Arthur, and Cap need some buffing too imo.
Lol, what's wrong with Vjoe? What needs buffing?

The only thing I can think of is his dmg output.

:phone:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That and his range, but could they really buff that?
Nah, I don't think so...it's a tad annoying sometimes, but voomerangs help close gaps that his stubby limbs often fail to...

Still, if they decided to buff his range, I wouldn't protest.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
she has technically 840,000 health with 5 bars. Her damage output is 72,000. She has a move that heals her, why does X factor help her heal, It would make dp have to resort on more than just spamming L, and TK shot H's and more focused on getting in getting a combo getting a meter than using it to heal or attack
Cause X-factor doesn't last long enough that she can do that anyway except in extremely defensive games where the clock's already run almost completely down.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So I've decided I'm pretty much done with this game online.

It's pointless after playing loads of offline recently.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
got some more exp today yay :D

wolvie ammy akuma

pri gud

man

my hsien ko assist is so freakin godlike

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I don't even see what the point is of eliminating her healing in X-Factor. If someone's going to be using X-Factor with her, it's likely going to be X-Factor level 3. Her speed and damage output in that raises her hyper bars quickly enough to use a random Phoenix Rage, even if her attacks are blocked. All she has to do is camp with TK Shot H long enough to lure them out of a corner and they're going to get mauled. Reason for that, it gives her the space necessary to cooldown from the Phoenix Rage without getting punished for it.

Besides, unless they go into X-Factor as well to prevent damage, majority of the roster can kiss about half of their health or more goodbye from chip damage alone.

They need to nerf Phoenix Rage if they're doing anything to her.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Judging by her being the last character and Her team doing whatever it takes to get 5 bars you're looking at the match being at probably 40-34 seconds left in the game when she comes out. Once she gets out early people are either gonna avoid her, do damage till she a has sliver of health then run the clock. Or kill her (which isn't a good idea).

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
They need to nerf Phoenix Rage if they're doing anything to her.
Which they can't do without making Phoenix worse. Dark Phoenix limits her to two level-1 hyper combos. If you change Phoenix Rage, you limit her offensive options. Given that she already has the lowest health and defense in the game, she needs everything she can get.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
DP doesnt need anything if she's a ****ing top tier wtf.

Making her a bit worse would ****ing make her low/bottom tier.

Get out of here with that loool

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't know how you guys stomach online MvC3 lol
You're missing the point, I'm not commenting on the absolute time it lasts, merely that it doesn't allow her to play keep-away indefinitely on it's own.
20 seconds is a very large amount of chip from Dark Phoenix =/

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah, I don't know how you guys stomach online MvC3 lol

20 seconds is a very large amount of chip from Dark Phoenix =/
I'm not sure you completely understand what Level 3 DP can do in 20 seconds.

I really wish I could play online right now... :(
No, I know full well. But nerfing HP regen won't change that, she'll still be able to zone you out, chip you to death with safe blockstrings, and obliterate you if she blocks or you whiff anything.

Hence nerfing HP regen for x-factor so her health is static (or slowly lost) does pretty much nothing, that's why if you wanna nerf DP, nerf something that actually means something to her.

TL;DR: lvl 3 x-factored DP is scary as ****, lvl 3 x-factored DP with effectively no HP regain/or slight loss really) is... no less scary.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
does doing an AE reset damage and hitstun scaling?

_Dice

Smash Ace
if AE is aerial exchange, no it does not. to test this, do a combo of wolvie, and on the second launcher try an aerial exchange into haggar, and try to do a simple medium medium heavy special aerial combo, on haggar that barely works with no hitstun scaling.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so by barely works, you mean it still does?

I'm willing to bet that eventually if you get a hit on someone you'll be able to kill them with 1 combo.

full combo with 1 character, AE into a second and/or third character finish with hyper then DHC glitch back into the first character but someone with a counter hyper and continue with fresh moves

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Aerial Exchange doesn't reset damage or hitstun for the whole combo, but it DOES reset the hitstun until your point character hits the ground again. Strangely, the hitstun doesn't scale at all either, so you can do some really strange (and sometimes silly) combos. Abusing this is how the Chun Li headstomp infinite works, and how Modok can do his crazy 9 cubes combo.

full combo with 1 character, AE into a second and/or third character finish with hyper then DHC glitch back into the first character but someone with a counter hyper and continue with fresh moves
Wesker/Dante can do this :colorful:

_Dice

Smash Ace
so by barely works, you mean it still does?

I'm willing to bet that eventually if you get a hit on someone you'll be able to kill them with 1 combo.

yeah it's a weird delay'd reset of the hitstun scaling. it barely works but when haggar lands it's all over.

er beaten out in responding.

EDIT: Modok, Magneto, Spiderman, Doom, are the best characters IMO to AE into.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I was playing a DP earlier yesterday and I got back into a corner. Tied a lvl3 hyper with C.Viper and killed her :D

Top Bottom