• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I suck but I would like to get some kind of practice in if people would like to teach me a bit.

PSN: Psychoace47

I normally play Wolverine, Akuma, Sentinel.
The whole Idea of the justin wong team was to use against sentinel players not have sentinel on that exact same team.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I just hate it when I see akuma wolverine. Then boom sent as a 3rd

It upsets me greatly.

I've been slacking on my dante, I only have day 1 combo's down with him. My Chris and Zero are amazing, but that dante is just slacking.. It's probably cause his my anchor and all I need is one hit go to combo, X factor, Jam session x268627

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man. the main thing against phoenix is dealing with super jump hard tk shots. freakin. what's the best way to deal with it? and why don't more characters have projectiles that will shoot upward at that angle? LAMEZ.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
man. the main thing against phoenix is dealing with super jump hard tk shots. freakin. what's the best way to deal with it? and why don't more characters have projectiles that will shoot upward at that angle? LAMEZ.
A friend of mine has told me that you can super jump, block the shot, and instantly grab her afterwards. I haven't tested it myself, so I dunno if its airtight or whatnot, but might be a good thing to play around with.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm. yeah i wanna try that out hehe. thanks!

so i was playing last night and i found out it IS possible for my team to DHC trick, but the character i'm dhc tricking into has difficulty killing characters.

i just gotta do an x-23 bnb, call hsien ko as soon as i land, use weapon x prime, then DHC to gold armor. sometimes it's ambiguous which way i gotta do the shoryuken motion, but i think after the 2nd slash, i do backwards shoryuken and gold armor activates, then i can combo. next time i go into training mode i'll keep practicing it. the timing of calling an assist right after talon dive is difficult... maybe i should use special rather than talon dive for the knockdown to make it easier?

idk. i'll test more stuff when i can practice more.

Ugg

Smash Champion
hm. yeah i wanna try that out hehe. thanks!

so i was playing last night and i found out it IS possible for my team to DHC trick, but the character i'm dhc tricking into has difficulty killing characters.

i just gotta do an x-23 bnb, call hsien ko as soon as i land, use weapon x prime, then DHC to gold armor. sometimes it's ambiguous which way i gotta do the shoryuken motion, but i think after the 2nd slash, i do backwards shoryuken and gold armor activates, then i can combo. next time i go into training mode i'll keep practicing it. the timing of calling an assist right after talon dive is difficult... maybe i should use special rather than talon dive for the knockdown to make it easier?

idk. i'll test more stuff when i can practice more.
The timing is much less strict for calling an assist if you do an aerial S for knockdown instead of L Talon Dive.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
A friend of mine has told me that you can super jump, block the shot, and instantly grab her afterwards. I haven't tested it myself, so I dunno if its airtight or whatnot, but might be a good thing to play around with.
wouldn't it just push you away though?

LuCKy

Smash Master
anyone on psn n live in socal or cali at least? i wanna play someone regularly with a good connection lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO.... IS THAT HIS DIVE KICK HITBOX? ROOOOOOOOOOFL

wow

i just watched the wnf recording. i'm SOOOOOO impressed with LLND. chris and hsien ko are a couple of my favorite characters. godlike stuff!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yeah but Clockwork doesn't block enough wit phoenix.

Edit: Best combo ever.

Chris Body blow H, Level 3, X factor, Flamethrower, Sweep Combo. LOL

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Word, I love Chris so much. He's like on every team I have now. Wesker B, Chris A, Haggar A. Team Name White ******s with over 1millionK health

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just applied to be a judge for MVC3 at EVO

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
He's only good with the right assist's and teammates as he says, "You know why you lost, it's because your team lacked the team work we have"

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I will tell you why.

Wesker

Chris A P1
Haggar A P2

Wesker Combo

L, M, H, QCFL, Dash in, OTG, Cr.L, Cr.M, H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, P1, OTG, (Air grab reset to OTG, Cr.L, Cr.M, H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, OTG, P2, OTG, X factor, Level 3 super) or a simple (X factor Level 3 super)

Chris's Heavy Combination Punch has no hit stun deterioration meaning if you get by his first swing you're getting hit by the 2nd and its a Hard Knockdown. Meaning I can OTG twice lol People sleep on it it's really good actually

_Dice

Smash Ace
I will tell you why.

Wesker

Chris A P1
Haggar A P2

Wesker Combo

L, M, H, QCFL, Dash in, OTG, Cr.L, Cr.M, H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, P1, OTG, (Air grab reset to OTG, Cr.L, Cr.M, H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, OTG, P2, OTG, X factor, Level 3 super) or a simple (X factor Level 3 super)

Chris's Heavy Combination Punch has no hit stun deterioration meaning if you get by his first swing you're getting hit by the 2nd and its a Hard Knockdown. Meaning I can OTG twice lol People sleep on it it's really good actually
chris having multiple moves that have no hitstun deterioration is what makes chris so good. if he didn't have that he'd be bad.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I like legitly made my friend rage so hard he went to bbcs2 and challenged me in that. Though I sold my copy of bbcs due to it being a boring *** game.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Okay, X-Factor needs to be removed. Wesker shouldn't be able to juggle you in mid-air with that pathetic pistol.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Okay, X-Factor needs to be removed. Wesker shouldn't be able to juggle you in mid-air with that pathetic pistol.
Pathetic pistol? That is a Samurai Edge, sir, custom made!

But in all seriousness, how is getting shot to death any different then shot -> forward teleport -> combo? Its silly, but so are a lot of things that have nothing to do with x-factor.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
He didn't teleport. He just kept shooting the pistol. I'm fine-tuning my Phoenix point teams to deal with Wesker. He will rue the day he ever crossed paths with the Phoenix.

Top Bottom