• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

_Dice

Smash Ace
that works too i guess, though i've SEEN someone sword super THEN gold armor super THEN DHC into another character and have it work. i dunno how tight the timing/spacing is for it though, since the swords can juggle alot or a little depending on distance.

Also, Haggar is a beast point character???????

L,M,qcf M,(dash if not corner) L,M,qcf M,S,SJ,aM,aH,Down H,M, dp L, QCF S. about 600k no meter used
timing a bit strict on the 2nd L M qcf M set, they have to be VERY close to ground so the S hits later the QCF S at the end CAN be a aL, aerial exchange if you want to risk it for a Touch of death on weak characters.

This combo being able to be used off of a Crouching light or standing light allow it to be a pretty great meter building combo that can be started quickly something haggar previously lacked

EDITed: took out a Light that i couldn't duplicate

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
For MvC2 you're just wrong.

For MvC3 I don't really know because I don't really watch this game but I know for a fact that I've seen Floe CP before. That's all I can remember.
ive seen cps. but they aren't generally MU cps. the game just came out so people are still learning. people right now have a main and secondary team. they cp to their better team when they lose.

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I 'm loving ryu right now, I love his odd type of pressure.

anyone know any assists that help ryu get in on his opponents?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
doom hidden missiles is a great assist to interrupt the opponent.
Magneto beam assist because he *****, and its a tight beam.
hsienko's swing thing...with gold armor is great for approach

sentinel force is uber good at getting inside but better for characters with teleports or more speed because u can cross up really really well with it.

Tron bonnes gustaf fire is an excellent defensive assist against ppl who rush down.

basically ryu isnt all that good lol, Id suggest using akuma instead, same **** but akuma is better and his TATSU is a good assist on top of akuma being ****

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
They changed the hitstun on his low tatsu. Its similar to amaterasu's L, M, H qcb+Attack loop. You use to be able to do a low tatsu loop. Now u need x factor to do it, same with ammy.

I dont think his assist was affected, but maybe they did change it a bit. But its still a decent assist, offensively and defensively. Its good to corner pressure and its good to back away and counter an approach....it goes thru weak projectiles still.

The "X factor infinite" isnt an infinite because u need to have X factor lol. Also its still there. You can touch of death with it still X factor Lvl 3. ALOT of characters have gay **** like that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ryu is so good. (not really, but I like him) I like how long of a range his c.M is.

btw I'm no pro but this is the best I can get right now

L, M, c.H, >H, S, M, M, H, S, Wesker assist, qcb H, M, c.H, >H, S, M, M, H, Hadouken, super hadouken

does only 700K sadly

kr3wman

Smash Master
L M f.H 236M M 623L j.MMH j.2H midscreen dashM/corner c.H 623L j.MMH j.2H corner S/midscreen 236S

thats what I use.

you can also do

L M f.H 236M M 623H

if you wanna go for a reset. delaying the 623H makes it so that haggar catches all three tech options in the corner, although if you tech neutral/backwards and mash jab you might hit haggar out of it, but if he doesnt delay it you'll get grabbed. dunno if it works midscreen... it should, but it probably wont considering the hitbox on those are on the screen for a ridiculously short time.

haha, haggar is such lulz.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
ryu is so good. (not really, but I like him) I like how long of a range his c.M is.

btw I'm no pro but this is the best I can get right now

L, M, c.H, >H, S, M, M, H, S, Wesker assist, qcb H, M, c.H, >H, S, M, M, H, Hadouken, super hadouken

does only 700K sadly
700 damage is pretty efficient for spending one bar. If your second DHCs well out of it thats even better, makes it so you can spend two bars to off the weaker members of the cast in one go.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yep, Jill's Raven Move, Thor's Mighty Punish, Thor's Mighty Tornado, etc.. Btw, Thor is Amazing, I've finally begun to tap into the Asgardian that's inside me and started to make everyone buy my fathers alcoholic beverage or else.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can someone explain to me why ryu's fireballs all do the same a mount of damage but they get more unsafe the higher input you put into it?

Hadoken :l:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 35
Advantage on Hit -2
Advantage on Guard -4

Hadoken :m:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 39
Advantage on Hit -6
Advantage on Guard -8

Hadoken :h:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 43
Advantage on Hit -10
Advantage on Guard -12

_Dice

Smash Ace
can someone explain to me why ryu's fireballs all do the same a mount of damage but they get more unsafe the higher input you put into it?

Hadoken :l:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 35
Advantage on Hit -2
Advantage on Guard -4

Hadoken :m:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 39
Advantage on Hit -6
Advantage on Guard -8

Hadoken :h:
Damage 100,000
Startup 10
Recovery 43
Advantage on Hit -10
Advantage on Guard -12
the heavy version has more hitstun, making it more useful at the end of a long combo right before a super.

EDIT: actually it just scales less with deterioration.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Some are easier to punish in terms of block stun. I know the some moves do the same damage not matter what version you use damage scaling not counted of course

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think im gonna run zero trish deadpool. play mad gay and keep away/zone using assists

Right now Im using zero storm ammy and b4 I was zero ammy deadpool.

get at my low life *****s lol

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Dorm is a beast in almost any team.
I decided to change my primary team around though.

Crimson Viper: Seismic Hammer.
Wesker: Ghost Butterfly.
Dormammu: Dark Hole.

I realized that in a team with Dormammu and Viper, Wesker doesn't really need his OTG assist. Dormammu has Flame Carpet and Viper has Seismic Hammer. So giving Wesker an assist that'll help deal more damage and give more options due to the wall bounce seemed more useful.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Dormamu is a meter *****, I dont really want to rely on using hyper like that, pool and trish are a bit more balanced in terms of rush down. To me it seems like trish/pool are a bit more mobile that dormammu....but im not ruling him out. I could replace trish with dorm, but Im already comfortable with deadpool and zero, and ammy but im trying to drop her

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The good thing about Dormammu with Dante is if you can call in Dante to assist with Weasel Shot, you can Teleport B with Dormammu > air dash down-forward > grounded crossup. He really is kind of poor without an assist though, but by the time that your other characters are KO'd, you should have stocked up some meter by that point to help him out.

It's not that he *needs* meter, he just has the best level 1s in the game. Especially Stalking Flare. Seriously, if you OTG with an assist and buffer Dormammu's Stalking Flare, you basically get yourself three free Dark Spell charges.

You just gotta be creative with him, really. People prefer to keep his as a spamable anchor though. lol.

Top Bottom