• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF smash club..(Super Smash Gaming Club) SSGC

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
UCF smash club sounds good to us.. but think about people looking at clubs, "smash club" something doesnt sound too good about that.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
lol ted you don't even go to ucf your opinion is no good here :)

I finished the constitution should I post it on here for you guys to read and change anything if necessary?

rx it's fine either one of us could of done it. And I'm trying to get it up in the month. Right now we need to turn in constitution for approval and 1 officer attend club orientation. After those two things get done we are officially a club.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
have you guys seen that dive club board? I think one for our club like that would be nice.. just the smash emblem by itself lol

join at ucfsmashers.com (or whatever website)

or something like that lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Do we get a website like that? We could totally ask SGA for the funding for a website.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
I'm more than ready for the club to start, but the banner should have something more badass than mario, maybe like a silouette of c. falcon doing the knee or his f-smash, who knows.

the smash logo is a yes though looks cool.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Indeed, the smash logo does look cool. I think all members of the club should decide upon a banner during our first meeting. Speaking of our first meeting... Mr. President? When are we to congregate? I say a night time, like 9ish, so that it doesn't conflict with classes, but that is just my opinion.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Well you can meet whenever but I need to get a date for when we can go to orientation. I have alot of work this week so I haven't been able to get a date on that. If any of the officers can do it for me that would be great. About meeting starting times I was considering starting 7 or 8.

And I heard some bad news. Someone told me that new clubs get less funding even if we make like a water tight budget so we'll have to see how that goes... hopefully that isn't the case.

Fenrir- Yea all the officers are decided.
Bane- Secretary
Rx- Vice Pres...btw did you find out about LCC? I know smashfest in there are allowed as long as no one reserved time for it.
QDVS- Treasurer
Me- president

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Lets think about having orientation sometime towards the end of next week, when all the big tests are over.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'll buy the zebra cakes with my own money, we need the funding for real things.

On a related note I think I have a really big suprise for everyone.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
we dont need much funding at first.. we still need to get our feet wet.. main thing is the use of the campus facilities. plus a little funding..

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
funding used for renting rooms most likely

mano- so far I haven't found anywhere on campus that allows money pots so that is highly unlikely.

It's not like we can request alot of money and get it. We have to give solid reasons why we need it and then hope the budget or whatever gets approved by sga

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
what would the funding be used for?
zebra cakes vericz
Increased pot size?
zebra cakes
I don't like zebra cakes, the brownies are better
Zebra cakes : )
funding used for renting rooms most likely

mano- so far I haven't found anywhere on campus that allows money pots so that is highly unlikely.

It's not like we can request alot of money and get it. We have to give solid reasons why we need it and then hope the budget or whatever gets approved by sga
The funding is NOT going to be used for Zebra Cakes or Cosmic Brownies!

If I have time, I will incorporate a way to have prizes for the first three places in tournaments, so that people are tempted to come anyway, and I am going to keep track of all the tournament placings, so that people will want to show up. It will probably end up as a seating chart like the one they have for Gigabits, except the points are just to show who is BOSS, and who is a sucker.

I think this will tempt people to come and place high so that they get the phat UCFSSB points. Also, I think it would be fair to either stop the points on Dec .3 and give a prize to the top three, or keep them ongoing into Brawl IF the physics are very close.

These are all just ideas, and I am typing all of this as I go, because I can.

Lets keep the UCF Smash Spirit going. Maybe one day we can get Smash Knights or some other UCF Smash related Tshirts. It could be a project of mine to ask Nintendo for permission to have shirts with real Smash logos and Characters made.

YAY BIG POST!!!!!!!

@Ryan: You better come and eat the friggin Zebra Cakes I bought you.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
The funding is NOT going to be used for Zebra Cakes or Cosmic Brownies!

If I have time, I will incorporate a way to have prizes for the first three places in tournaments, so that people are tempted to come anyway, and I am going to keep track of all the tournament placings, so that people will want to show up. It will probably end up as a seating chart like the one they have for Gigabits, except the points are just to show who is BOSS, and who is a sucker.

I think this will tempt people to come and place high so that they get the phat UCFSSB points. Also, I think it would be fair to either stop the points on Dec .3 and give a prize to the top three, or keep them ongoing into Brawl IF the physics are very close.

These are all just ideas, and I am typing all of this as I go, because I can.

Lets keep the UCF Smash Spirit going. Maybe one day we can get Smash Knights or some other UCF Smash related Tshirts. It could be a project of mine to ask Nintendo for permission to have shirts with real Smash logos and Characters made.

YAY BIG POST!!!!!!!

@Ryan: You better come and eat the friggin Zebra Cakes I bought you.

yay zebra cakes

on another note i like ur point system idea

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
lol good idea Rx, bane had a similar idea at the start of this you might wanna talk to him about it.

p.s. There seems to be even more paper work I had to do... and with tests comming up I might be a little delayed.

Top Bottom