• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF smash club..(Super Smash Gaming Club) SSGC

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Lucky for this thread, it gets to hold it's intrinsic value. I feel really confident, and I think the NT will be at least slightly impressed with the effort that I've been putting in. Plus I have Zebra cakes and Cosmic Brownies, and also Oatmeal Cream Pies for the people who don't prefer either of the formers. That always win's me votes.

SKRACHHH?!?!? I was wondering if Luis still wanted to learn a little bit of piano, so if someone could ask him for me, that'd be good.

Ryanz: I heard you were switching your main to Bowser. jk

Joe: Tru

Andy McQueens: Too bad you lost tonight. I'll rematch you anytime.

PureKorea: Good Job on the SSGC Thing

HungryBox: likes boys.

Proteus: WhoTF is Proteus, anyway?

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Heh. I'm pretty sure I played you 2 gigs ago (I think it was you anyway), but I missed the last one.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Any of the officers free to take the registration form to Guha today at 1-2 PM? If you guys wanna call me (407-625-8048), I'm not sure if I can make that time today or not, but I would still like to have this signed by today.

HEC is in engineering 3 building the harris side of things I think?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Huge props to purekorea and bane for doing most of the work to get this done. Less props to queenie and rx- for doing less work but still some.

zebra cakes for all

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Gophar, if you go to UCF, you should join the UCF SSGC. If you don't go to UCF, you should also consider joining the UCF SSGC, and we will hide you.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I read it, but don't understand what I need to help you do. I'm always willing to help you though. Maybe...clarify what needs to be done because I am r3t4rd3d.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, our club status is official. We also decided on a few more officer positions needed.
We need

Web Developer - Someone to maintain events and roster of officers and members on the web. As well as our own forum of some sort. Nothing extravagant, maybe a registration form, and a copy of the constitution, maybe some even records and video links on you-tube.

Bouncer - Keep volume moderate and somewhat clean(none of that stuff i heard at the tournament last weekend like "GOD **** MOTHER ****ING PIECE OF **** **** LICKING ****ING".. etc) I don't even know what it was even about, maybe an anti-stinking policy, of course any fights or roughhousing should be removed.

Cleanup Organizer - (not a sole responsibility) Get everyone to help clean up and make sure theres not stuff everywhere. We will get charged if it has to be cleaned by someone else.

Other than that, we need the president to announce our first meeting date, and get in touch with our adviser to mass email people. All people on the list will be contacted by phone.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering how everyone would feel our first smashfest being at gigabits? since I don't know if we can get a room all too quick.

edit- I'm gonna apply for a cubicle space tomorrow in osi

UCF SSGC

Smash Rookie
I think that the officers should have a meeting discussing this. And we should hold the meeting late enough that it doesn't interfere with classes. And there are other things that can be discussed at the meeting. And other people who want to come who aren't officers should also come. And there will be cosmic brownies and such. And there will be smash afterwards/during.

So basically the Smash club should hold its first meeting soon. So there can be smash.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'll double as bouncer if we need. I don't like offensive language very much. And Amber probably wouldn't mind organizing the clean-up. Men usually listen to women.... unless they're qwar. Web designer sounds too time consuming though...

Frames

DI
A cubicle would be cool for working and stuff, but I was looking at the application, and some questions seem like they might not apply to our club as much as maybe others (so we might not get it lol). Stuff like "How many awards has your club received in the last two years?" and "List the events/programs the organization sponsors annually and how many people attend each event/program. Also, please include meeting frequency and any events co-programmed with other RSO’s.", make it seem like this is geared toward clubs that have already been established for quite some time, so idk if we'll be able to get one.

It would be 133t though if we did, but they might not let us have a cube in there :p
(this is kevin btw lol)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
A cubicle would be cool for working and stuff, but I was looking at the application, and some questions seem like they might not apply to our club as much as maybe others (so we might not get it lol). Stuff like "How many awards has your club received in the last two years?" and "List the events/programs the organization sponsors annually and how many people attend each event/program. Also, please include meeting frequency and any events co-programmed with other RSO’s.", make it seem like this is geared toward clubs that have already been established for quite some time, so idk if we'll be able to get one.

It would be 133t though if we did, but they might not let us have a cube in there :p
(this is kevin btw lol)
Yea, the "awards" one seems like a lost cause...the other though, idk...I mean, you cuold BS about the club sponsoring and promoting the Gigabits tournaments...I mean, in a way, we have, even though we weren't a club at the time...

I'll repeat what I said before...I won't volunteer for an officer position, because, quite frankly, I think there are better suited people who have more time for each position... However, if a position needs filled to better the club, then I'll do it...so yeah.

Also, I mentioned this to PK the other day...club meetings should never occur on Thursday...EVERYTHING at UCF seems to happen on Thursday, so don't do that. I vote Friday, personally...maybe one other day as well...

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
I think if we get statistics from our members at tournaments.. wouldn't that count as awards? I mean the programming team just says like top 10 in the last 5 years.. I think I have that.. except a few tournaments.. not to mention some of our better players.

A cubicle with a cube/wii and two controllers.. lol that'd be funny... And for our first meeting.. I agree. Soon, and not on a Thursday.

Frames

DI
Stats from tournaments should work, we may not have been an official club at the time, but we should be able to use that in the application anyway.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
I've done some pretty big websites in my time.. a lot of your links and stuff don't work on that page.. I'd do it, but it'd be nice to not have only 4 people involved with the club.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
We need to have a meeting to see who's capable of what, but having a website with club member stats/info would be pretty cool. I think the most important thing is to have this all ready by the time brawl comes out, so we can totally log the placings of our members at internal and external tournaments.

That said, since we're not time sensitive on a lot of this stuff, I say that we wait until the first meeting to discuss what going to happen, and for now, I am going to update the announcement thread with things that should be adressed at the first meeting.

All officers should log onto UCF SSGC and update the first post of the annoucement thread to contain all issues they think need to be addressed at that meeting. I'll start us off with the one's PK and Bane have listed so far.

EDIT: I tried to edit the announcement post, but I cant because it is too large. If it's ok, can we remove the constitution from that post, and maybe place it somewhere else. My comp wont let me edit posts that are much bigger than this post.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
I'll delete it there's no need for it anymore.

ps rx you wanna smash today? I'll call you later if you don't reply to this i suppose

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You should get started on the Smash website though, That has the potential to be really cool!

UCF SSGC

Smash Rookie
Just got an email from OSI: (Mon 10/08/07 11:14 AM)

I will be contacting you within the next week to set up an initial
meeting to discuss the organization’s constitution. Please feel free
to contact me if you have any questions at any time during the
registration process.

The full email content is copied on the announcement thread.

If you have any questions for OSI you can list them here and I'll just bundle email back sometime within the week.

Also it would be nice if all officers can make the meeting of discussing the constitution whenever the date is determined. Officers should list times that you guys are free so we can try to match up.

MobileSilence

Smash Rookie
Bouncer

I'd be willing to take up the role of Bouncer, but I'd like a better definition of what that role entails. Honestly I curse myself but I'm more than willing to help make the environment a little more friendly.

**EDIT**: Oh, by the way, I'm just recently joined up the other day so hey everyone.

UCF SSGC

Smash Rookie
Current Status:

we have finished the initial review of your constitution and I would like to set up a meeting with you to go over the constitution and any questions that you might have. Please Email me a few times that you would be available and we can set up a meeting.

Rx, Q, and Bane we should meet tomorrow and talk about this.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'd be willing to take up the role of Bouncer, but I'd like a better definition of what that role entails. Honestly I curse myself but I'm more than willing to help make the environment a little more friendly.

**EDIT**: Oh, by the way, I'm just recently joined up the other day so hey everyone.
First you gotta answer a few questions, like WHO are you? (Smash name and Real name), and then you have to decide if you can handle being a bouncer. We're looking for someone who can really take control of people who get out of hand, which is not an easy thing to do. I've noticed that it's not how big you are, but how good you are at smash combined with how much you are respected by the smash community that gives you control. We can discuss the role of Bouncer at our first official meeting, which you BETTER attend if you plan on obtaining this officer position. If you can't make a better bouncer than me, you just can't be the bouncer. :)

So.... who are you again?

MobileSilence

Smash Rookie
First you gotta answer a few questions, like WHO are you? (Smash name and Real name), and then you have to decide if you can handle being a bouncer. We're looking for someone who can really take control of people who get out of hand, which is not an easy thing to do. I've noticed that it's not how big you are, but how good you are at smash combined with how much you are respected by the smash community that gives you control. We can discuss the role of Bouncer at our first official meeting, which you BETTER attend if you plan on obtaining this officer position. If you can't make a better bouncer than me, you just can't be the bouncer. :)

So.... who are you again?
Lol, my name is David Auguste and until three seconds ago I simply used my initials as my Smash name but I'm considering changing it to Ruhe. Of course I plan on attending the first official meeting (provided theres no MAJOR schedule conflict). As far as skill is concerned I played against Bane and he described me as amateur so I guess that works best. As far as the community is concerned, no one knows who I am so no one can honestly respect me even if I deserved it. Lastly as for the role of Bouncer? Can I handle it? I don't know, I was sort of just looking for a way to help out, so I guess we'll have to see when that meeting happens.

Otherwise I'm a currently third year Computer Science sophmore at UCF and live in the towers.

Top Bottom