• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Do u have to tell the guards anything? I've been to Peg Landing like once since Freshmen year and apparently they've stepped up security and now theres guards lol.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Depends on the guard, sometimes you just say I'm here to see a friend sometimes you need the name and apartment number and sometimes they even want the year and make of your car along with taking down your license plate number. But yeah just say you're here to see michael gindler and if they ask in building 13 apartment 207 and you should be good. if you get lost 904-677-5125 is my number and I'll try and direct you, just make sure you go in the loop enterance (turn in at the bp and turn at the second pegasus landing enterance) and not the alafaya enterance.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah whenever's good. No one else is here yet but apparently tony's coming at 8 and the worker's once they're out of work. I need doubles practice for tomorrow too, ha.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I just woke up from a nap, im going to eat and everything. I'll try to stop over within the hour. I'll check to see if i could get my wii as well so i'll bring my tv too.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
forget it... I'm just gonna pick up meta so I can learn his openings.

MATA! I'll post it here too. I wanna go if you don't mind taking me to work (or home) during intermission :) I'll ask alice if she wants to go too.
Call em.

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
hmmm perhaps he does have some cool tricks like the up b cancel thing, you should teach me if I decide to play him. I want to play someone with tricks, not just any tricks ones that are cool, usable, and effective. I was thinking about going back to fox too.
Diddy kong is fun to play... lots of variety and awesomeness (mindgames!)

Noa.

Smash Master
you kinda get no love as gdubs either
It disapoints me when people complain about the turtle. It can actually be punished if missed by some characters and most can SDI out of it and bair me back.

hiROI knows this matchup like hell, and getting a bair in the face isn't what I want when I bair him.

Also, when people complain about his smashes. G&W's smashes are SO slow. They have double the startup lag than most other characters smashes. I can only land one by punishing a mistake.

hiROI

Smash Lord
LOL. Even though I know this match up like the back of my hand, I find it a lot of work. Yea Peach can booty bump yo turtle, but we still need to put up with a LOT of your other things. Even though your smashes have start up lag, they still kill quite early (80-90?) with DI and Momentum Cancel. This also gives for many characters, unless your a heavy weight.

Noa.

Smash Master
What other things? G&W's only approach really is turtle. Those other things are just used to combo you, really.

Yeah, my smashes do kill super early, but landing them on an opponent that's fast enough is a chore. I have to rely on fair as a more reliable kill move.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Up B. Nair. These moves arent a walk to a park for everyone. But I see where killing for you is a chore, but for us its a little harder with bucket brakeing.

PS
Happy Birthday holmes :smash::gw:

Noa.

Smash Master
Up B. Nair. These moves arent a walk to a park for everyone. But I see where killing for you is a chore, but for us its a little harder with bucket brakeing.

PS
Happy Birthday holmes :smash::gw:
Those aren't for aproaching though. Nair is purely for comboing, while UpB is for comboing and retreating.

And, yeah, thanks. :colorful:

gallax

Smash Hero
<3 , we can play today if you want. nexus, im coming by your house and dropping off your wii-mote. i sent you a text but got no response.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Dam, looks like some school complications have arisen. May have to go back to jax from august to december, hopefully not but just thought I'd let you kids know of my possible brawl absence. I'd say it's a 50-50 chance right now.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
gw only approach is not just bair... infact, i rarely apporach with that move.

and hiroi, you konw draconna's gw like the back of your hand. i know you'll have problems with other gw's.

Top Bottom