• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys. For those of you who don't know how to get to my place, here's the address and some directions:

4330 Key Biscayne Lane apt. 3027
Winter Park, FL 32792 - It's on Goldenrod Rd.

Right when you turn into the entrance, there's gonna be three ways to go: left, right, and straight. Go right. You'll pass over a speed bump, then if you look ahead, you'll see a PO box thing on a curb. (It's pretty big. You won't miss it.) Anyway, DO NOT pass it. Park somewhere near the PO box. The key here is not to pass the PO. So don't pass it. I think you guys get it.

Here's my number in case you have a hard time finding the complex:

850-447-1082

Gindler

Smash Champion
Alright guys. For those of you who don't know how to get to my place, here's the address and some directions:

4330 Key Biscayne Lane apt. 3027
Winter Park, FL 32792 - It's on Goldenrod Rd.

Right when you turn into the entrance, there's gonna be three ways to go: left, right, and straight. Go right. You'll pass over a speed bump, then if you look ahead, you'll see a PO box thing on a curb. (It's pretty big. You won't miss it.) Anyway, DO NOT pass it. Park somewhere near the PO box. The key here is not to pass the PO. So don't pass it. I think you guys get it.

Here's my number in case you have a hard time finding the complex:

850-447-1082

Awesome, what's the turnout looking like so far? massive?

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, what's the turnout looking like so far? massive?
Looks like there's going to be a ton of people man. More than we've ever had. But ever since I've started doing these things, I've learned not to get my hopes too high. But it is looking really good so far. Lots of good players...like Gindler.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Yea. I know you.
This is Clyde btw.

I was thinking about getting into brawl again.
I might actually come over to your place sometime. lol.
Lol! Dang dude what the heck have you been doing? Busy with school? So you kinda quit brawl for a while? If you wanna get back into the groove, now is as good a time as ever. If you come over tomorrow, it'll be the first time you've come over and I didn't even invite you this time, LOL! Please come, good sir. It'll be nice to play you again. There's another Kirby player coming though. So it'll be nice to see a kirby ditto. If you need any info man, don't hesitate to give me a text or a call.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Lol! Dang dude what the heck have you been doing? Busy with school? So you kinda quit brawl for a while? If you wanna get back into the groove, now is as good a time as ever. If you come over tomorrow, it'll be the first time you've come over and I didn't even invite you this time, LOL! Please come, good sir. It'll be nice to play you again. There's another Kirby player coming though. So it'll be nice to see a kirby ditto. If you need any info man, don't hesitate to give me a text or a call.
I'll see about coming tomorrow. Whats your number again? I don't have it anymore(long story).

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
can't wait for tommorrow. hopefully gindler still wants to do doubles with me at gigs. time for some retro combos, lol.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Nope sorry guys. Gindler is already my partner. Booked him weeks ago.
at gamezone, gindler told me he was gonna team with me when i asked him after he found out that tony wasn't doing doubles. whats the deal?

Gindler

Smash Champion
wait, what?! i thought you already had a partner?
Yeah, sorry retro. I told you I'd be teaming with kei if he was available since I've always wanted to try a gigs with him. One of these gigzes we'll team for sure though unless you put a curse/hex on me or something. Sorry again broseph

Nope sorry guys. Gindler is already my partner. Booked him weeks ago.
Lol, that's virg for ya :chuckle:

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Yeah, sorry retro. I told you I'd be teaming with kei if he was available since I've always wanted to try a gigs with him. One of these gigzes we'll team for sure though unless you put a curse/hex on me or something. Sorry again broseph

Dang! Kei and gindler gonna be a pretty tuff team to beat. Thank god we got that prac in last time XD!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

oh ok then. right. well i guess i'm not gonna go to gigabits then. ill still come to the fest to get some practice done. but yea, guess i'm not going. good luck kei and gindler. hope you guys do well.

KENYU

Smash Apprentice
okay so i got in serious trouble for having terrible grades (high school johns) and whether i go or not is extremely foggy. this isnt that far away so i should be able to pull it off.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Dang! Kei and gindler gonna be a pretty tuff team to beat. Thank god we got that prac in last time XD!
Ha, just make sure your teammate isn't too cocky. I still remember when he said "don't worry I got this". Then I spike him out of a grab release to death :)

Oh virg there still a random teams tourney planned? I heard tell that zyzzx was planning one and that'd be amazing

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Ha, just make sure your teammate isn't too cocky. I still remember when he said "don't worry I got this". Then I spike him out of a grab release to death :)
hey hey hey dont act like you wernt usin cheat codes :ohwell:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
sigh... ok one last time i'm gonna ask... anyone wanna be my partner for doubles? let me know asap otherwise i'm gonna have to tell me boss to put me to work saturday. anyone?

Toneh

Smash Lord
oh ok then. right. well i guess i'm not gonna go to gigabits then. ill still come to the fest to get some practice done. but yea, guess i'm not going. good luck kei and gindler. hope you guys do well.
nahh u should go its gonna be the best gigs so farrr

s` is gonna come watch
okay so i got in serious trouble for having terrible grades (high school johns) and whether i go or not is extremely foggy. this isnt that far away so i should be able to pull it off.
dang that sux see if you can come man

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
nahh u should go its gonna be the best gigs so farrr

s` is gonna come watch

dang that sux see if you can come man
no man, i can't stand not being able to compete in doubles. i've dealt with that way before i ever met you guys and i've had it. i'm not gonna go, unless if someone wants to team with me, and not some random person. but i'm still coming to the smashfest tommorrow though. :ohwell:

-Spike-

Smash Ace
no man, i can't stand not being able to compete in doubles. i've dealt with that way before i ever met you guys and i've had it. i'm not gonna go, unless if someone wants to team with me, and not some random person. but i'm still coming to the smashfest tommorrow though. :ohwell:
Bro just chill out and relax. Im sure there are plenty of people in search for a partner. You will probably even find someone tomorrow at the Smash fest in need of a kirby! Plus it wouldnt be the same without retro combos!!!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Bro just chill out and relax. Im sure there are plenty of people in search for a partner. You will probably even find someone tomorrow at the Smash fest in need of a kirby! Plus it wouldnt be the same without retro combos!!!
fine, i'll decide tommorrow then...

Gindler

Smash Champion
This should be an amazing smashfest. Oh virg do you have a racetrac near you? for my daily dose of cherry coke. And a quizno's? buy 1 get 1 free torpedo coupon is amazing

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Geez Kenyu, don't tell me that. I was looking forward to you coming. I haven't got any practice with a DDD main yet. Are you talking about not being able to come to the tourney or the fest?

Yeah Gindz. We'll see what we can do about a random team match up thing or whatever. We should all have pretty decently even teams. I dont know about the racetrac or the quiznos. Maybe we can order a racetrac and a quiznos for the fest. We'll get them to put them right outside of Sunkey for easy access. How's that sound?

KENYU

Smash Apprentice
Geez Kenyu, don't tell me that. I was looking forward to you coming. I haven't got any practice with a DDD main yet. Are you talking about not being able to come to the tourney or the fest?

Yeah Gindz. We'll see what we can do about a random team match up thing or whatever. We should all have pretty decently even teams. I dont know about the racetrac or the quiznos. Maybe we can order a racetrac and a quiznos for the fest. We'll get them to put them right outside of Sunkey for easy access. How's that sound?

the fest itself :ohwell:
i'll post here when i find out tomorrow

Laijin

Smash Hero
I definantly can't make it tomorrow. I have to work on school work. :(
We'll surely play eventually Virg! Especially since I'm actually interested in getting serious into brawl(I was serious for like the first 4-5 months it came out :| Then idk what happened. lol).
So yea. I'm gonna start practicing up my Metaknight and see how I do against the rest of FL(Next tourney after gigs maybe?)

Gindler

Smash Champion
That'd be amazing. I forgot that you could do anything

I definantly can't make it tomorrow. I have to work on school work. :(
We'll surely play eventually Virg! Especially since I'm actually interested in getting serious into brawl(I was serious for like the first 4-5 months it came out :| Then idk what happened. lol).
So yea. I'm gonna start practicing up my Metaknight and see how I do against the rest of FL(Next tourney after gigs maybe?)
Laijin getting serious with brawl!?!?!? well, welcome back then.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I hope to hear a good word.

this is for Kenyu, by the way. Don't ask me why I didnt just quote him. I get tired of quoting. So there.

Clyde, that is disappointing. But school definitely comes first. yeah man get back into the groove of brawl. I've met a lot of new and skilled people. Its been a lot of fun. The next tourney after gigs is in April. So if you get time, you can come play with us and practice up on your MK. But why do you chose MK?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Laijin getting serious with brawl!?!?!? well, welcome back then.
Well. For various reasons:
-The community is MASSIVE.
-I don't have to spend a lot of time to "retain" my skill. I rarely ever play brawl but I'm able to play exactly the same as I did before. I can't really do this with lets say Melee or Guilty Gear. So that simplicity curve for almost no tech skill is attractive in some ways.
-Mind games are cool. Brawl seems to lean more towards that while at a very slow paced. Kinda like chess.
-THE COMMUNITY IS MASSIVE. <---- This is the main reason(Its also the reason why I play Street Fighter 4. lol).

Edit: This is off topic, but I hear your good at SF4 XYZ. Virg: Metaknight seems to be doing the best at tournaments in comparison to all the other characters. As some of you may know, I main Young Link in melee. I never wanna make that mistake again. lol. So whenever I pick up a new game, I will look at the tier list and pick a high tier character I think i'll enjoy.

Top Bottom