• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and Virtial Rush Present: SMASHTALITY IV - AUGUST 16th-17th in Media, PA!!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
What has priority in this tournament Melee or Brawl?
Melee should have like REALLY good competition. But Brawl is on Sunday and will probably get a bigger turnout. Melee has priority on Saturday and Brawl on Sunday.

Scar is running melee.

ChiboSempai is running Brawl.

And a bunch of us are helping out.

GOTM

Smash Champion
whats the melee turnout even looking like for this thing.

its like nj/ny, pa, some pitt, some md/va, very little canada if any, i heard they had ride problems

what about midwest?

i have a bad feeling for this hype of a tourney melee is only gonna have like 35-40 people.

btw, how many tv's is the venue providing?

Scar

#HarveyDent
pakman commented on the tvs, there is one ok tv and 3 laggy ***** *** TVs that i'm gonna put on the floor and ignore.

Wife

Smash Lord
40 People really isn't bad. It's enough people for a decent pot, it's enough people to get lots of fun matches in, without the tournament running till 2 am with no time for friendlies. Besides, if we get more than 64 we have to do pools and pools suck.

50-60 would be ideal for me, but Melee is Melee, I'm stoked no matter what.

Hat, you're coming? Excellent. We'll have to get together and play this week, and discuss details of the trip.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
since its one game per day so theres time, and since it costs so much, pools should be done so people get more bang for their buck

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
We have no pre reg so if we do pools they have to be created on site. Which isn't a huge deal, just requires more time, and also makes us put more pressure on you guys to get here on time.

Please EVERYONE get the number of the store so if you are running late you can call.

GOTM

Smash Champion
yeah i would actually like to do pools. we always did em at spocs and scar had anywhere from like 40-60 and he did em every time.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Pools almost always give people more matches and make the bracket way more intense. I think they make the tourney better, honestly. I'm about 90% that we'll do them. Teams, then pools, then singles. We'll start singles reg. in the middle of teams and end up with the pools done hopefully at the same time as Teams Grand Finals.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Just ****in go. Go with eggm and reno and everyone else ever. btw Is HBK/Hazz/D1 and them all coming?? If not then why not.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I'm coming for melee with Afro_Chris. We need someone to pick us up from the Philadelphia bus station friday night, house us, take us to the venue and back to the bus station on Sunday xD We'd also love a melee fest on Sunday ;)
Who can help?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
WOW Keitaro, GJ selling your soul to the devil. I asked you take me on the Melee day and you said no chance but you MIGHT be going for the vastly inferior and less entertaining day.
Sorry that I don't play Melee competitively as I used to anymore. If you want, I'll lie and say I may come both days or be Montage and not say **** cause people will backlash me and just come the Brawl day without letting anyone know.

Cause you KNOW Montage will be there but have they said anything yet? Exactly.

JFox

Smash Hero
Spam, if you can get to me friday, you can stay over, and I can take u saturday. Thats the best I can do. Oh and you will need to find someone to bring you home sunday, cuz I'm not playin brawl.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Chibooo!

Looks like I'm gonna make it to this, just for Brawl though. No need for housing.

Top Bottom