• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and Virtial Rush Present: SMASHTALITY IV - AUGUST 16th-17th in Media, PA!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
rogue pit u dont need housing lol. but if u really wanna stay over and theres room, then i dont mind. OOS has priority.

so iv got mass i guess? whos coming from there. anyone else?

edit:
seeing that the brawl rules are from the back room, that means each player is given one CP ban. you might wanna add that to the front post.

also, seeing that im running brawl, if i really disagree with a few stages on the rules, can it be changed? its up to u though woz.
since the strike method is being used for match one, lylat should be neutral. this also makes it so the # of neutrals is odd, aka each player gets 2 strikes. its not fair to have an even number and one player get one strike when the other gets 2
Pirate Ship, Distant Planet, and Green Hill Zone NEED to be banned
consider making yoshis island (pipes) banned

JFox

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT:

Ok, so I've talked to Eggm about NY. I'm taking the first four of you guys with me. I'm not sure who's comin, but those who are should lemme know. Then, if there are more then four people comin from NYC, u guys will just go to eggm.

I have more room to house u friday night, I am closer to the city so it costs u less, and Eggm is planning on taking the neptune kids so hes gonna have less room.

Eggm, if u end up goin alone, I'll help u on gas.

Oh, an important note: Eggm and I are BOTH leaving saturday night. We are NOT staying for brawl. If u wanna stay, figure a way to do that.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
yea.... thats not gonna work lol

though anyone is welcome to stay on my floor haha

though i have this odd thick pillow/light mattress thing that normally ppl sleep on here instead of the floor so its not as bad. and i have this other roll out pad thing that makes sleeping on the floor easier. and various pillows and blankets, w/e its not bad lol

as mentioned earlier though, i will be out friday night, however i think pakman is going to be chilling with various smashers down at an arcade a couple blocks away. il be back around 12-1 as my guess, then you can come over and stay till whenever

so you want in mdz? u comin with anyone?
If I go I'd be driving with AOI.
He apparently has housing from Scar.
So if I don't stay with Scar and AOI I would get in on that and meet them at the Arcade.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
hey i want to stay 4 the brawl day.. any1 want to take me home the next day cause i do want to stay 4 brawl'

pride??

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
eggm should stay for the brawl day so he can play melee friendlies and il match him up in the bracket with inui ;)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
outta curiosity... why are yoshi (pipe) and green hill on? can't DDD infinite people off the screen. and doesn't corneria have infinites against the wall with sever characters?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as i mentioned earlier, i think the same way for yoshis and ghz. im running the brawl section of smashtality so il see about getting it changed, and il talk to woz about it. stages with walk offs like that on the entire match are just too broken for many characters like DDD, falco, etc

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Chibo, if it makes it smoother for you to run the tournament, I can check out what stages you'd like to switch around and approve it. Otherwise, it shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone have housing for AOI and his party?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im still open to housing anyone. the only one im housing so far is xzax so theres still a lot of room for more.

woz - i dont wanna change the rules THAT much since you put the rules you wanted to use, however I can guarantee there will be a lot less complaining from attendees and the rules will be much better if:

-Lylat Cruise is made starter
-Pirate Ship is banned
-Green Hill Zone is banned
-Distant Planet is banned
-Yoshi's Island (pipes) is banned

before people comment on lylat being starter since its perfectly acceptable to be neutral or cp at tourneys, the reason it needs to be on here is because the first match is decided on the strike system. each player takes a turn striking a starter stage until one stage is left over, which is where the match will be played. for this rule to be effective, there needs to be an odd number of starters so each opponent gets an even number of strikes. if it were only those 4, player A would get 2 strikes, and player B would get 1 strike. this way with 5 starters, each player gets 2 strikes

Wife

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT:

Oh, an important note: Eggm and I are BOTH leaving saturday night. We are NOT staying for brawl. If u wanna stay, figure a way to do that.
Oh, I love it. I love it. I wish I didn't live in crummy old-brawlville over here.

So I'm clearly not staying for brawl either, but I might stay over Saturday night to maximize melee, so is anyone organizing a melee fest sat. night?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow wtf WALK-OFFS are on? Wow. Every tournament director bans those now and have been banning them for a while now. What's up, WoZ?

Just give the money to every good Dedede (aka...Jason and Atomsk, lol).

Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Brinstar
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Pictochat
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
lmao holy crap woooooooooooow

If you're going to allow that many banned stages, you need to allow at least two stage bans.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ever hear of characters that cant be chaingrabbed? lol
but yea its still broken, and its more than just DDD, hence why im trying to get the rules changed, and dont worry, they will

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ugh I WAS going to this but I just read walk off stages were allowed. Yoshi will not be appearing this weekend =/ Sorry Jman.

wtf at yoshis island and green hill zone.. >_<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow everyone needs to chill
he just copied the recomended rules from the back room, which are stickied on the tourney listings. im going to get them changed

PRiDE

Smash Lord
wow everyone needs to chill
he just copied the recomended rules from the back room, which are stickied on the tourney listings. im going to get them changed
What the hell is happening in the back room if THESE are the recommended rules.. But good. Then I am coming.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow, those are backroom rules???? I still don't understand why they make rules when they barely go to any tournies in person.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Chibo, if it makes it smoother for you to run the tournament, I can check out what stages you'd like to switch around and approve it. Otherwise, it shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone have housing for AOI and his party?
Scar is taking AOI.
I might be staying with AOI and Scar. If not I'll stay with Chibo.

That's it for MA. Roman and Spife might make an appearance but we aren't sure.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yo, I want to start a quarter TV. Like, to play there you have to put in a quarter/put it on the TV. Winner gets the other's quarter. Sets are best of 1, with an agreed upon neutral unless you put up a dollar, bumping it to best of 3. Would anyone else be up for this?

All matches would have to be recorded and posted later on, as well as running tallies of everyone's won money. It'll be like a contest!
Derpaderp. Copied from the NJ thread.

JFox

Smash Hero
FU cactus, tryin to nickel and dime us outta our money!

LOL, sounds cool I guess I'd do it. The only thing is m2k shouldnt be allowed on it, cuz that would ruin the fun.

Edit: Oh and someone would need to bring in a mess of quaters, cuz no one brings quaters to a tourney, and people are gonna need change. I guess I can bring a bunch.

Edit2: I just collected $10 in quaters. I like this idea :)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Chibo, please PM me the list of stage rules you'd recommend to change. I just realized that we need an odd number of starter stages for the Stage Strike system to work, and I've got four.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Anyone from NY going to this and still have room in their car?
I'm not sure if I can go with AOI anymore since he's going with AwsmSean -_-

I can pay for gas. :3 Getting to NYC is easy, too. =D

Wife

Smash Lord
wife i gotta say after watching all of BACH's montage your one of the coolest smashers ever
Lol thanks a lot man. BTW thanks for the perfect opportunity . . .

I made another combo video, also with team ben stuff in it. However, I'm already working on some more combo videos so feel free to subscribe or just keep an eye on smashboards for them if you like team combo videos and the like.

The link is in the sig, and please enjoy and pass it on.

Totally stoked for this tourny. Looking like a pretty good turnout I think. 40-60?

Top Bottom