• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay #5 - Irvine CA, May 8th and 9th 2010

MacD

Banned via Administration
what is the schedule for this, i mean like the times things are starting and whatnot, just wanna make sure work isn't going to screw me over

also how many people pre regged for melee by the deadline

D

Deleted member

15 dollar venue fee wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yea dude

and just imagine, up in washington, this guy runs ALL our tourneys

lololol

um but anyway you guys should come, cause im gonna be there and im OOS and i dont wanna be flyin to no ****ty tournament :[

Eggz

Smash Hero
If its expensive and not many people are going, that just means youll profit easier :D You should just go no matter what. I'll text Chris for a pre reg list

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm not willing to let Eggz win a socal tournament. So I'll pay any price to enter.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
If this ends up being a small tournament IM GONNA BE SAD so there better be at least a smashfest where I get to play everyone!

Hugo I wanna fight your Samus! <3

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Pre-reg has been extended to May 5th

I dont have the list in front of me of Pre-reg, but its pretty sad all in all, especially with about $300 of BONUS PRIZE POOL money on the line...

It amazes me how few ppl seem to have Debit/Credit cards and PayPals...

If you do not PAY when you Pre-Reg you DO NOT get the discount.... its all based on who PAYS.

I have a contractual obligation with G4G for the Pre-reg system.

As I have told the Brawls, time and again, Pre-reg = More Sponsors.

I have sponsors on the line that are looking at pre-reg numbers to decide if they are getting involved. At this point, I am going to guess two of them are going to take a pass.
Sucks for you all, as they were CASH for the Prize Pool. I was getting nothing short term from them.

A third one, is still hanging in there, and will decide on May 6th based on the final Pre-reg numbers. They are offering Cash for certain break points in Pre-Reg.
Right now, my understanding is we are no where close to those numbers.

This event will be large no matter Pre-reg. I have learned in 5 years of doing this, Pre-reg almost always fails, even though 90% of you know 2 weeks in advance if you are coming or not... so it sort of boggles the mind that you wouldnt Pre-reg and save some money, especially when everyone *****es about how much Regional and National events cost (even though 90% of you havent a clue how the money actually works and that things are not free, like venues, internet connections at venues in some cases, extra tables, etc...)

So bottom line is PRE-REGISTER and help the event out.
In this case it adds to the Prize Pools
Helps me cover the costs without dipping into my personal bank account to do it, which means muchless grumpy GC Guy at the event :)

I will say that Smashers in general have pre-reg'ed at a higher rate then any of the other games though. Halo and MW2 kids are gonna hate it when their Team Pass rate goes up the $20, but then they are use to paying more for events, which is why even small ****ty Halo tournaments pay out at a rate of 5 or 6x the money as a Smash event, even with the TO keeping 40% of the Halo prize pool

AS PER the firts post (updated a few days ago)
Bonus Prize Pool:
The tournament that gets the most Pre-Reg's (Brawl, Melee, Halo3, MW2, SF4, TvC), assuming we hit the goal for the event, will get a $100 Bonus Prize added to its prize pool. If any game breaks 100 Pre-Regs, we will ALSO add $50 to that games prize pool. These will need to be 100% paid for Pre-Reg's and cancellations will be taken out of the totals as well. But that is FREE MONEY added into prize pools for getting Pre-Registrations done.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
im prolly gonna get ***** badly. i tried melee yesterday for like 3 hours it feels REALLY Weird now and I don't have a memory card so no marth :[

bleh oh well

also @ sw that was 2 TPs ago. I beat him more solidly at tp4 than at tp3

but i was good then i suck now

guess ill just play a lot the night before if i can manage not to sleep

LuCKy

Smash Master
hey do i still get a free entry for winning R3?? lol i remember them saying i would get free entry to a tourney play . . . SUP :]

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
You know what Lucky... that was suppose to be for TP4 ONLY the free entry, but wtf... I will extend that to TP5.

As per the TP4 listing though, its for Free Entry ONLY into the event you won. So Venue Fee and additional events still need to be paid.

From the TP4 Thread:
Brawl 1v1 - ADHD (P4), Tyrant (WGFV)
Brawl 2v2 - Tyrant (R3), DSF (R3), Ally (P4),
Melee 1v1 - Lucky (R3), Mango (P4), Connor (WGFV)
Melee 2v2 - MacD (R3), Zhu (R3), Mango (P4), Lucky (P4), Smoke2jointz (WGFV), Fly Amanita (WGFV)

So Larry already used his at TP4 and M2K (so I deleted them from the above list)

HOWEVER, if you do not use the Free Entry at TP5, it is null and void, as it was suppose to be used at TP4.

MacD I prob owe you money back as you Pre-Reg'ed...cant remember if you Pre-reg'ed for M2v2 though.

IF YOU ARE ON THE ABOVE LIST and have not Pre-reg'ed for the Venue at least you should do it, else you will be paying the full $20 Venue Fee.

LAST CALL for TP4 Free Entries - Use them at TP5 or lose them.

-----------------------------------

ALSO I have some minor sponsorship news to announce at TP5.

strawhats

Smash Master
im prolly gonna get ***** badly. i tried melee yesterday for like 3 hours it feels REALLY Weird now and I don't have a memory card so no marth :[

bleh oh well

you'll probably train, and **** ****, you're too good at melee

just train the night before and **** the next day...you usually do anyways

btw...just get one (memory card) on amazon for like 10 bucks and then ask someone to copy their data.

DJMirror

Smash Master
wow lucky you're stupid

i'll get at your sakura once i learn the game with juri with the stick

Charoo

Smash Champion
All I can say is Chris is doing a lot of work for all of us. Just the fact that he's bringing Tourneyplay to SoCal is a huge deal already. He's trying to get sponsor for us and offer us bonus prize pot. That's something that doesn't exist in smash usually.

Lastly, if you are thinking about not going to his for brawl and wait for an MLG event ... there's no MLG event in the west coast. So go to this! There will be so many OoS

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

bleh oh well

Use brawl money and just get a memory card.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Melee 1v1 - Lucky (R3), Mango (P4), Connor (WGFV)
LAST CALL for TP4 Free Entries - Use them at TP5 or lose them.
hey GC guy, I would like to claim my free entry to TP5 :) do I have to pre-reg or anything online? does the free entry cover for everything?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
c0nn0r, c0nn0r, c0nn0r...

Refer you to the post you quoted me from, #181

"As per the TP4 listing though, its for Free Entry ONLY into the event you won. So Venue Fee and additional events still need to be paid."

That means you have to pay Venue Fee and any other events you enter.
Your Free Entry is for Melee 1v1 (the event) only.

So you should Pre-Reg so that Venue only costs you $15 instead of $20 at the door.

When you Pre-reg at http://www.Galaxy4Gamers.com/tourneyplay you need to also PAY, as just clicking boxes does not = registered, clicking boxes and paying = registered.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
yeah, thanks GC guy, I will try to pre-reg asap.

edit: GC guy, I need to speak with you on aim regarding my stupid inability to pay online because I'm a kid.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
all i gotta say is GC is being very professional with so many people *****ing about the price. i respect that.

MacD

Banned via Administration
zhu and i already pre reg'd for doubles, so we'd both like money back, however you can get it to us is cool

thanks so much

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
ok so im not even sure if i'll be able to make it is why i dont wanna pay before, can i pre register without paying so i wouldn't have topay twenty if i did show up? oh well i guess its not a big deal and i'll pay the 5 bucks

and what time does everything start? im trying to get off work somewhat early to make it, atleast just intime for the events (singles mostly)

Jem.

Smash Master
you cant pre-reg without paying, because the point of pre-reg is so he can take the money out of the paypal to pay for prize :p

but if im wrong feel free to correct me GC Guy

Top Bottom