• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Tournament Results & Character Rankings 2012 - The show must go on! |

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I actually updated the OP but the positions of the characters only changed in lower tiers.

:059:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Nah, it's just that MK mains were forced to also use other characters. Apparently it didn't matter for their rankings at all, which either means they didn't play on CPs a whole lot or are good enough to win on them with other characters, which further underlines that the rule is kind of pointless. It forces diversity, but what European CP stages does MK even break in the first place? I can think of a better character for every CP except like Delfino.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Most characters can play vs MK on Delphino ... it's just that it takes more time / patience to beat him there which I guess matters only in the context of time-outs. Since the majority is leaning towards a 9 or 10 minute timer I don't see an issue there either.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
LDT1, hosted by Chair and Slash
41 entrants, €7,50
Hosted 29-10-2011

1: Mr. R :marth::snake::zerosuitsamus: (€ 154,25)
2: istudying :diddy::popo: (€ 92,55)
3: T :wolf::metaknight::falco::snake: (€ 61,70)
4: Yikarur :yoshi2::metaknight:
5: Jumpman :metaknight:
5: Orion :falco::diddy::dedede::wario:
7: Ayoub :pit:
7: River :diddy::ike:
9: Hero of Banthum :snake:
9: Pika4life :pikachu2:
9: Yoh :ike:
9: Xonar :falco::zerosuitsamus::metaknight:
13: MewMewZone :lucario:
13: Eddy :metaknight:
13: Rog :pt::diddy:
13: Rko :mario2::luigi2:

Character diversity is bliss (14 different characters in top 9).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
but it's totally worth it.
I know, now all of the other characters that weren't dominating before can win :awesome:

No, I only count legit tourneys.

Edit: But I still don't mind you posting them here.
LMAO
Special Rule for this tournament : Meta Knight is banned on Counterpick stages only.
Would this count then???

also what happens if you CP me to delfino? I'm not allowed to go MK in that case... weird. I can understand if you dont want someone else CPing you and then going metaknight, but not allowing someone to go MK when you take them to the gay stage is bad imo

Nintenpro

Smash Apprentice
also what happens if you CP me to delfino? I'm not allowed to go MK in that case... weird. I can understand if you dont want someone else CPing you and then going metaknight, but not allowing someone to go MK when you take them to the gay stage is bad imo
Yeah, people chose counterpick stages to compel their opponents to use another character, but now most French tournaments will be MK-banned :grin:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
@LDT Results: Ban MK!!! ... just kidding.

@Nintenpro: There is absolutely NO reason.
Wario and Marth are dominating your area, not MK.
ò_Ó

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I hope France's MK ban dumbness doesn't hurt Leon's OoC performances against MK ...

Also Good Ish at hosting a successful tourney, Olaf.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Btw. Gheb, did you count Smash@Slay3? Just realized I didnt put number of entrants etc. in there, so idk - I hope you did, need to represent snake 8)

Maybe it would be nice if you could make a list of which tournaments you counted in and link to the post, or something like that :p

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Orion didn't go MK and we had three regulars that didn't enter (Chair/Gregs/me), but taking that into consideration our diversity is still fine. *shrug*

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
NST V
5 euros entry fee
40 entrants
1- Death Alex :metaknight:
2- Greward :olimar:
3- Joannett88 :diddy:
4- Rydle :ike:
5- Marcbri :falco:
5- Joshi :metaknight:
7- FotuRAN :falco:
7- Nexoult :wario:
9- Miquel0123 :pikachu2:
9- Redrix :falco:
9- Joseph :marth:
9- Veyron :marth: :dedede:
13- Talvi :metaknight: :peach:
13- White :snake:
13- Warro :wario:
13- Cp2 :metaknight: :wario:

Quite some high level players couldn't make it, but still a nice tourney.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Rydle did use Mk against death alex in bracket, lost 1-2 (pretty sure he had used ike in previous matches). Just after that bracket match, he MMd alex with Ike and won, so he decided to end the tourney using ike even if it meant using it against me or joan. and yeah I also lost to his Ike (and I actually beat his MK last time we played). I played my worst set of the year there but meh, got outplayed and that's all xD.

Overall he has beaten many players with Ike that he doesnt beat with MK, even in hard match-ups, at another tournament the same happened vs mikel, losing with MK then winning with Ike. People here know the match-up, he just plays well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't know what made me laugh harder ... your post or your sig.

Pretty sure it's your sig tho.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Rydle did use Mk against death alex in bracket, lost 1-2 (pretty sure he had used ike in previous matches). Just after that bracket match, he MMd alex with Ike and won, so he decided to end the tourney using ike even if it meant using it against me or joa. and yeah I also lost to his Ike (and I actually beat his MK last time we played). I played my worst set of the year there but meh, got outplayed and that's all xD.

Overall he has beaten many players with Ike that he doesnt beat with MK, even in hard match-ups, at another tournament the same happened vs mikel, losing with MK then winning with Ike. People here know the match-up, he just plays well.
my mind has exploded

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Ike's pretty bad, but it's not like people don't know the MK matchup and it's really not that easy to secondary him unless you're very specific about the matchups.

Yikarur

Smash Master
it's somehow sad that my MK gets the same points as my Yoshi even though I used him oneeee time ;___;

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'm not sure, but arent the points devided by characters XD?

At leats at Page 1-2 there was a discussion about it and gheb said something like that, I hope he changed that over time, because that would be kinda stupid... especially in cases like this.

Top Bottom